When Loved Ones Won't Be Around For Christmastime

Just realistic. I love Christmas, and some of my kin folk. No bahs or humbugs from me. You might want to stay off my lawn though.

Yeah but that's easier said than done in one of these kind of situations. Especially when you really want to help them but there isn't anything that you can do. After all, until you have walked a mile in somebody else's shoes you just can't feel the burn that they're going through.

To be quite honest with you even when I'm trying to focus on Jesus right now I'm sort of upset with Him that He's allowing this to happen. I'm more hurt and confused than angry at Him though.
I gave this as a gift to my grandparents over 40 years ago, never forgetting what it meant to me. Hope it helps you get through this hard time.

1700529416692.png

Do you use BBs or pellets?
Don't need any of that. I just yell at them, and the little shits just runoff. I might have to do something different when they become teenagers, but it works for now. They know I don't mind if they get a popcicle out of the freezer on my back porch and then move on, but no baseball around my azaleas.

I gave this as a gift to my grandparents over 40 years ago, never forgetting what it meant to me. Hope it helps you get through this hard time.

View attachment 861527

I've seen that before. I think my grandparents had the same poem. It just doesn't always seem like God is there though. That's the problem. I feel forsaken but if anybody knows how that feels it's Jesus.

Yeah but that's easier said than done in one of these kind of situations. Especially when you really want to help them but there isn't anything that you can do. After all, until you have walked a mile in somebody else's shoes you just can't feel the burn that they're going through.
Didn't say don't help them if you can. If they are that broke, they might need something more than a trip to your house.

How do you guys handle the stress? I'm just curious because right now there's a chance that might be happening to me and I am completely beside myself about it because it just really wouldn't be Christmas to me then. :sigh2:
On the years that we have had to have Christmas with just my husband and myself we utilized two options:

1) We looked for and invited other 'strays' to Christmas dinner at our home. We've made good friends that way and it was always a lot of fun.

or

2) We volunteered to help serve Christmas dinner at the Salvation Army or other facilities that provide a bit of Christmas cheer to some of those most in want in this country. And that was always so rewarding.

On the years that we have had to have Christmas with just my husband and myself we utilized two options:

1) We looked for and invited other 'strays' to Christmas dinner at our home. We've made good friends that way and it was always a lot of fun.

or

2) We volunteered to help serve Christmas dinner at the Salvation Army or other facilities that provide a bit of Christmas cheer to some of those most in want in this country. And that was always so rewarding.

Well I already did the Toys For Tots and going to be participating in the wreaths across America for the graves of veterans.

The years I had to work at Christmas were some of the best. I hate the season and missing out on all the stress and running around on that day is the best gift I could ever ask for. Exchanging gifts with loved ones a week later in a more relaxed intimate setting is the way to go.
I hated Christmas when I was younger. Buying gifts you can't afford for people that don't want what you give them isn't what it's supposed to be about.

I hated Christmas when I was younger. Buying gifts you can't afford for people that don't want what you give them isn't what it's supposed to be about.

It's not about buying and spending money on Christmas presents period. The true gifts of Christmas are priceless. Yet it's gotten so commercialized that people often seem to forget that.

As a kid I totally despised the day. Wake up open gifts, then off to 1st grandparents, then off to 2nd grandparents. Back home to pack and off to one state for extended family, then to another for the other extended family. We didn’t get back home until usually second week in January. Hated it as a kid got cool toys but couldn’t play with them until almost middle of January. Then as adult each year was a fight with parents and in-laws about how no we are not coming over Christmas Day I’m letting my kids play with their toys you’ll are welcome to come over or you can wait till the day after Christmas for us to visit but we are not running around town on Christmas they get to play. Now some years I don’t even put up a tree especially if the gifts are getting mailed and no one is coming over

Right now the only Christmas present I want is for everybody to be together for Christmas. I'm not sure what Christmas is (other than the birth of Jesus) without it. This country is fucked up enough already and all I want is my family.

I think it is time to dust off the old reliable...

Yeah but I did say besides the birth of Christ which I know is the biggest thing of all, but what about family and just all being together? Isn't that supposed to be another big part of Christmas?

When Loved Ones Won't Be Around For Christmastime​

How do you guys handle the stress? I'm just curious because right now there's a chance that might be happening to me and I am completely beside myself about it because it just really wouldn't be Christmas to me then. :sigh2:

I've been dealing with it for years.

I live in Sacramento, California, my sister's in Santa Barbara, my brother's in Texas, and my parents are in Heaven. My wife's the only family in practical range of me. At least she's close by.

I've been dealing with it for years.

I live in Sacramento, California, my sister's in Santa Barbara, my brother's in Texas, and my parents are in Heaven. My wife's the only family in practical range of me. At least she's close by.

Alright then so how do you cope? Or has it all just come natural to you by now?

Forum List

Back