When life begins at conception, mothers die.

When life begins whenever the mother says it does, babies die. I am not sure that is really about respecting life.

Ooops-oh... Good thing we don't live in the Dominican Republic, huh?

Not a very good Catholic girl though, pregnant at 16...

The writer of the piece is very bias, I would like to see an objective article to form an opinion.

If the mother is definitely going to die without treatment, the baby will also die. So it seems foolish to not give her treatment and thereby guarantee that both die.

Last edited:
The writer of the piece is very bias, I would like to see an objective article to form an opinion.

I would agree with you. I don't think anything could have been done in time to help this girl, but the author is exploiting the story to serve an agenda.

First- it is draconian and has nothing whatsoever to do with the abortion debate in the US. Second 20 days is not a life saving time frame where cancer treatments are concerned- ask any oncologist.

You're right. But take it from a bit of a wider perspective. This is the kind of thing that can and will happen with laws that prioritize the embryo over the mother.

True, we don't. But here in the US there has been a great push to increasingly prioritize embryos and fetuses over the mother. As recently as this year there have been attempts to create laws that grant personhood at conception. We would be wise to learn from the mistakes of others, so that we don't commit the same mistakes.

I think we all know that Billy Joel was wrong. Catholic girls start earlier than most of the rest. I know they were certainly my favorite when I was a teenager. ;)

I would agree with you. I don't think anything could have been done in time to help this girl, but the author is exploiting the story to serve an agenda.

Yep, is gives us a narrow perspective based on a bigoted and unreasonable point of view on a story. To bad honest reporting seems to be dead.

True, we don't. But here in the US there has been a great push to increasingly prioritize embryos and fetuses over the mother. As recently as this year there have been attempts to create laws that grant personhood at conception. We would be wise to learn from the mistakes of others, so that we don't commit the same mistakes.

I think we all know that Billy Joel was wrong. Catholic girls start earlier than most of the rest. I know they were certainly my favorite when I was a teenager. ;)

Bullshit. Nobody is trying to prioritize a fetus over a mother. But the decent people of this country do not look at a fetus as nothing more than a choice to vivisection and throw into the trash for any whimsical reason whatsoever.

Sorry, but why do I care about what happens in the Dominican Republic? (And when did I start considering "Jezebel" a reliable source?)

First, you are no more "sorry" for this girl's death than any of the other self-righteous rw assholes. You rw's LOVE it when another sinner dies.

And, of course, not one rw has ever had a daughter get pregnant out of wedlock.

(Yeah, I know, rw's are such hypocritical liars, they don't count $arah's daughter.)

But, IF a rw daughter were to get both pregnant and sick with cancer, all you assholes would gather round and send money for her abortion and cancer treatment.

You people are just the absolute worst. The lowest of the low. But, don't ever try to get us to believe that your evil judgement has anything at all to do with "The Dignity Off Life".

Sorry, but why do I care about what happens in the Dominican Republic? (And when did I start considering "Jezebel" a reliable source?)

First, you are no more "sorry" for this girl's death than any of the other self-righteous rw assholes. You rw's LOVE it when another sinner dies.

And, of course, not one rw has ever had a daughter get pregnant out of wedlock.

(Yeah, I know, rw's are such hypocritical liars, they don't count $arah's daughter.)

But, IF a rw daughter were to get both pregnant and sick with cancer, all you assholes would gather round and send money for her abortion and cancer treatment.

You people are just the absolute worst. The lowest of the low. But, don't ever try to get us to believe that your evil judgement has anything at all to do with "The Dignity Off Life".

Do you need a hankie to wipe away all those tears?

Bullshit. Nobody is trying to prioritize a fetus over a mother. But the decent people of this country do not look at a fetus as nothing more than a choice to vivisection and throw into the trash for any whimsical reason whatsoever.

I still don't understand why it's a baby if the mother says it is and a fetus if she says it's not a baby. The father has no say whatsoever, even if he doesn't want to be a father and she decides to have the baby, he get's stuck with child support. If he wants the baby and she doesn't, he loses his child. It's a lose/lose situation for the father.

I still don't understand why it's a baby if the mother says it is and a fetus if she says it's not a baby. The father has no say whatsoever, even if he doesn't want to be a father and she decides to have the baby, he get's stuck with child support. If he wants the baby and she doesn't, he loses his child. It's a lose/lose situation for the father.

It's that way because the indecent proponents of abortion as birth control do not care about the father, except as a cash machine if the woman gets a conscience and decides not to kill her baby.

Forum List

Back