When cops hate one Amendment, they always hate others.

SavannahMann

Platinum Member
Nov 16, 2016
The thing about a liar is they always lie. The thing about a thug is they can't resist being a thug. No matter what, they can't resist. When cops lie about probable cause for a search, or for any other reason, the last thing they want is proof that they are lying. When they lie, they don't want proof of the lie. That is where Video is the great enemy, and where the video proves them to be lying, the video is the enemy.

But Video is going everywhere these days. Video is available quickly on phones, mounted on buildings, and even live streamed on the internet. Corrupt cops hate video. When they are ignoring the Fourth Amendment, they damn sure don't want the First Amendment exposing it. When they are violating the fifth or sixth, they don't want video of it exposing it to the world.

Cops objecting to video is now the rage. Police video is being further restricted from the public in many states. Thou hast no right to see what the people you are paying are doing. They have rights that thou shall never have. The truth is that it is video that most often exposes a corrupt cop. So video is the worst enemy a corrupt cop has.

Police Misconduct which is run by the Cato Institute has a nice write up from a few days ago that is definitely worth reading. When Police Misconduct Violates First Amendment Rights

The number of cops being exposed by video is increasing as the prevalence of video increases. The police departments are pushing back. They don't want corrupt cops exposed. The idea that cops are good and trustworthy is believed by a hair more than half the population. Gallop's recent poll showed that 57% of the population have a great deal, or a lot of confidence in the Police. That is up exactly 1% from last year. Those numbers are remaining pretty steady in other words. Americans' Confidence in Institutions Edges Up

More cops are using threats, violence, and false arrest to prevent video from being recorded, and even destroying phones to try and destroy the video. That's one of the reasons I use the ACLU app. The video is live streamed to the ACLU, and stored not on my phone, but on the computers of the ACLU. Destroy my phone, and the video still exists. I don't have it, or have access to it to delete it. I couldn't delete it no matter what you threatened me with.

Cops like to be the watchers, they don't like being watched.

More cops are using threats, violence, and false arrest to prevent video from being recorded, and even destroying phones to try and destroy the video. That's one of the reasons I use the ACLU app. The video is live streamed to the ACLU, and stored not on my phone, but on the computers of the ACLU. Destroy my phone, and the video still exists. I don't have it, or have access to it to delete it. I couldn't delete it no matter what you threatened me with.

I like cops watching, that's what we pay them for. I have no reason to watch or record them but obviously you do. I don't know what you're trying to get away with but I hope you get caught and justice served.

I like cops watching, that's what we pay them for. I have no reason to watch or record them but obviously you do. I don't know what you're trying to get away with but I hope you get caught and justice served.

Let's say you go to the Hospital, and you are going for surgery. Instead of removing your Gall Bladder, the surgeon removes your Appendix. Would you say that you were satisfied? You paid him to perform an operation, and you should be happy right? So it was the wrong surgery, no big deal, it was a surgery right?

That is what you are saying. Just because the cops don't do what we are paying them to do, is no reason to get upset. They are doing something. That's enough. The only reason you could possibly be upset is if you are a criminal and hoping to get away with whatever. It could not possibly be that the Constitution matters to you, and truth matters. It must be that you are a criminal.

You go to the airport. You pay for a plane ticket to go from Los Angeles to New York. You get on the plane they tell you to, and instead of New York, they land you in Miami. You got a flight, you paid for a flight, what's the problem? Just because it wasn't what was agreed to is no reason to get upset. You shouldn't get a refund right? I mean, you flew didn't you?

That is what we are getting with the police. We are paying them, to obey and enforce the law within the rules and laws. When they don't do that, we the people paying them have a right to know, and a right to object. It's our money that funds them, and when they act it is in our name.

Let's say you go to the Hospital, and you are going for surgery. Instead of removing your Gall Bladder, the surgeon removes your Appendix. Would you say that you were satisfied? You paid him to perform an operation, and you should be happy right? So it was the wrong surgery, no big deal, it was a surgery right?

That is what you are saying. Just because the cops don't do what we are paying them to do, is no reason to get upset. They are doing something. That's enough. The only reason you could possibly be upset is if you are a criminal and hoping to get away with whatever. It could not possibly be that the Constitution matters to you, and truth matters. It must be that you are a criminal.

You go to the airport. You pay for a plane ticket to go from Los Angeles to New York. You get on the plane they tell you to, and instead of New York, they land you in Miami. You got a flight, you paid for a flight, what's the problem? Just because it wasn't what was agreed to is no reason to get upset. You shouldn't get a refund right? I mean, you flew didn't you?

That is what we are getting with the police. We are paying them, to obey and enforce the law within the rules and laws. When they don't do that, we the people paying them have a right to know, and a right to object. It's our money that funds them, and when they act it is in our name.
No, that's not what I'm saying. Not even close. You are illustrating the problem. You simply cannot process information before you. If a cop says stop, you hear go. If he asks for your license you hear an insult to your mother.

Like I said, I have no worries, you are clearly troubled by being caught or mishandled when you act up. Adults know how to act, you don't.

No, that's not what I'm saying. Not even close. You are illustrating the problem. You simply cannot process information before you. If a cop says stop, you hear go. If he asks for your license you hear an insult to your mother.

Like I said, I have no worries, you are clearly troubled by being caught or mishandled when you act up. Adults know how to act, you don't.
He has it in his head that the Pareto Principle (the 80/20 rule) is reversed when it comes to law enforcement that 80% of cops are bad and only 20% are good. He'll use Availability Heuristics to try and prove his point while all the time not realizing his attempts at proof only indict his bias.

I am arguing against police misconduct, and against police destroying or preventing video recording of events. You are saying you're happy that the cops are watching, and we don't have any business of watching them. I gave you examples of what happens, and you get upset. No surprise there.

When five cops write the same thing in their reports, and the video shows that all five lie, why are the cops not charged with conspiracy to commit a crime? Why are they not charged with Perjury?

I know you'll find this hard to believe, but I've never been arrested for a felony, or even a misdemeanor. I've never been busted for anything more serious than a traffic ticket. I know, you won't believe it, but it's true.

He has it in his head that the Pareto Principle (the 80/20 rule) is reversed when it comes to law enforcement that 80% of cops are bad and only 20% are good. He'll use Availability Heuristics to try and prove his point while all the time not realizing his attempts at proof only indict his bias.

40% of the police in the NYPD have never had a citizens complaint. Ten percent of the cops have had more than ten complaints. One cop has had more than a thousand. Now, if you are going to assume that the lack of complaints means that the cops are not breaking the rules, at all, then how is it that a minority of the cops never get any complaints while one in ten have had multiple?

The problem with applying the Pareto principle is that it is based on economics. But even if we were to apply it here, we should explain how it works. 80% of the results come from 20% of the effort, or investment. If we decide to apply it to the idea of cop corruption, and misconduct, that means that roughly one in five cops are corrupt. I thought that the cops were like 99% honest.

You could argue that all the nonsense about cops being corrupt is the 1% being blown out of proportion, instead you go on to actually support my argument.

If one in five teachers were child molesters, no child would be in school. If one in five cars exploded in a crash, no one would be driving. If one in five firearms exploded in your hand, then no one would sell them. One in five of anything would be too much by half. Yet, one in five bad cops is perfectly acceptable.

One in ten thousand airbags were defective, yet all of them are being recalled and replaced. One in ten thousand was apparently too risky, it was negligent to even consider continuing to use them. Yet one in five cops being corrupt is not bad.

At least you have gotten beyond the idea that the bad cops are one out of a hundred. A majority according to you are pretty good. But why are we accepting the idea that one in five cops are corrupt, and that's perfectly fine? Even using your numbers, it doesn't look good.

You are illustrating the problem. Like you, I'm white so have no fear of the police.

What you're saying isn't true. It's almost weekly that we see video of a Black man obeying a cop and being shot for it. Or an unarmed Black man being shot in the back. Over and over, it's no crime or incredibly small crime.

Those who believe in equal justice should always be ready to video tape cops. And if you do get video of any kind of incident, do not give it to police. Instead, give it to a good attorney and get ready for a shit storm from racist ^^^^ knuckle draggers.

Sent from my iPad using USMessageBoard.com

That's a very fluid "rule". It changes , depending on the skin color of the suspect.

Instead of pretending that people of color are treated differently, why not admit that's the goal of racist whites?

That's a very fluid "rule". It changes , depending on the skin color of the suspect.

Instead of pretending that people of color are treated differently, why not admit that's the goal of racist whites?

Are you implying that all whites are racist? Really? You should read this...........

Heuristics and Cognitive Biases
https://www.boundless.com/psycholog...07/heuristics-and-cognitive-biases-135-12670/

I am arguing against police misconduct, and against police destroying or preventing video recording of events. You are saying you're happy that the cops are watching, and we don't have any business of watching them. I gave you examples of what happens, and you get upset. No surprise there.

When five cops write the same thing in their reports, and the video shows that all five lie, why are the cops not charged with conspiracy to commit a crime? Why are they not charged with Perjury?

I know you'll find this hard to believe, but I've never been arrested for a felony, or even a misdemeanor. I've never been busted for anything more serious than a traffic ticket. I know, you won't believe it, but it's true.
I said you are a idiot looking for trouble. You just claimed I got upset so you think and talk with your asshole. You will find trouble, you're what's called a shit magnet. I didn't say we shouldn't care about any misconduct, your brain has been destroyed with drugs or you were born shorthanded.

I'm not going to go around filming cops, it isn't my job. I have better things to do. If you are having regular encounters with the police the problem is not the police.

Have a grown up explain the post to you because you do not have the capacity.

40% of the police in the NYPD have never had a citizens complaint. Ten percent of the cops have had more than ten complaints. One cop has had more than a thousand. Now, if you are going to assume that the lack of complaints means that the cops are not breaking the rules, at all, then how is it that a minority of the cops never get any complaints while one in ten have had multiple?

The problem with applying the Pareto principle is that it is based on economics. But even if we were to apply it here, we should explain how it works. 80% of the results come from 20% of the effort, or investment. If we decide to apply it to the idea of cop corruption, and misconduct, that means that roughly one in five cops are corrupt. I thought that the cops were like 99% honest.

You could argue that all the nonsense about cops being corrupt is the 1% being blown out of proportion, instead you go on to actually support my argument.

If one in five teachers were child molesters, no child would be in school. If one in five cars exploded in a crash, no one would be driving. If one in five firearms exploded in your hand, then no one would sell them. One in five of anything would be too much by half. Yet, one in five bad cops is perfectly acceptable.

One in ten thousand airbags were defective, yet all of them are being recalled and replaced. One in ten thousand was apparently too risky, it was negligent to even consider continuing to use them. Yet one in five cops being corrupt is not bad.

At least you have gotten beyond the idea that the bad cops are one out of a hundred. A majority according to you are pretty good. But why are we accepting the idea that one in five cops are corrupt, and that's perfectly fine? Even using your numbers, it doesn't look good.
While the Pareto Principle was initially based on economics, scientific observation has shown it's applicable across the entire realm of human existence. You come across as promoting the idea that five in one are bad cops and where did I ever say it was okay? How'd you pull that out of your ass?

Last edited:

I said you are a idiot looking for trouble. You just claimed I got upset so you think and talk with your asshole. You will find trouble, you're what's called a shit magnet. I didn't say we shouldn't care about any misconduct, your brain has been destroyed with drugs or you were born shorthanded.

I'm not going to go around filming cops, it isn't my job. I have better things to do. If you are having regular encounters with the police the problem is not the police.

Please show where I said I go around filming cops. I did say what app I use. I never said how often. For a lawyer you don't pay much attention to the details.

Please show where I said I go around filming cops. I did say what app I use. I never said how often. For a lawyer you don't pay much attention to the details.
You said you wanted to watch cops. What for then, to beat off? I am not a lawyer and never made the claim. Like I suggested before, have an adult walk your through the posts.

You said you wanted to watch cops. What for then, to beat off? I am not a lawyer and never made the claim. Like I suggested before, have an adult walk your through the posts.

I said cops don't want to be watched. As for the lawyer error, If I was mistaken on that point. I apologize.

Supposedly you are the adult in your mind. How are you going to explain what you are writing if you don't know or understand what I've written?

I said I used the app. I never said how often. Go back. Read it again. Find an adult to explain it to you. You keep trying to shove me into one of your preconceived notions. The fact that 43% of the people do not have a lot of faith in the police is not the problem in your eyes. It can only be because they are druggies or criminals or whatever.

In your mind nearly half the population of the nation must be criminals.

It must be difficult in your world. Forcing that round peg into the square hole all day just has to be exhausting.

The thing about a liar is they always lie. The thing about a thug is they can't resist being a thug. No matter what, they can't resist. When cops lie about probable cause for a search, or for any other reason, the last thing they want is proof that they are lying. When they lie, they don't want proof of the lie. That is where Video is the great enemy, and where the video proves them to be lying, the video is the enemy.

But Video is going everywhere these days. Video is available quickly on phones, mounted on buildings, and even live streamed on the internet. Corrupt cops hate video. When they are ignoring the Fourth Amendment, they damn sure don't want the First Amendment exposing it. When they are violating the fifth or sixth, they don't want video of it exposing it to the world.

Cops objecting to video is now the rage. Police video is being further restricted from the public in many states. Thou hast no right to see what the people you are paying are doing. They have rights that thou shall never have. The truth is that it is video that most often exposes a corrupt cop. So video is the worst enemy a corrupt cop has.

Police Misconduct which is run by the Cato Institute has a nice write up from a few days ago that is definitely worth reading. When Police Misconduct Violates First Amendment Rights

The number of cops being exposed by video is increasing as the prevalence of video increases. The police departments are pushing back. They don't want corrupt cops exposed. The idea that cops are good and trustworthy is believed by a hair more than half the population. Gallop's recent poll showed that 57% of the population have a great deal, or a lot of confidence in the Police. That is up exactly 1% from last year. Those numbers are remaining pretty steady in other words. Americans' Confidence in Institutions Edges Up

"They don't want corrupt cops exposed."

And that is it. If police forces weeded out the bad cops the good cops wouldn't have to share the bad rap. And we see with perfect clarity that there are a lot of bad cops. All these people taking these videos are like citizen journalists capturing crimes on tape. Just as security cameras catch criminals in the act, these videos catch cops breaking the law in the act.

Weed out the bad cops so we can all celebrate the good ones.

I said cops don't want to be watched. As for the lawyer error, If I was mistaken on that point. I apologize.

Supposedly you are the adult in your mind. How are you going to explain what you are writing if you don't know or understand what I've written?

I said I used the app. I never said how often. Go back. Read it again. Find an adult to explain it to you. You keep trying to shove me into one of your preconceived notions. The fact that 43% of the people do not have a lot of faith in the police is not the problem in your eyes. It can only be because they are druggies or criminals or whatever.

It must be difficult in your world. Forcing that round peg into the square hole all day just has to be exhausting.
You repeat words liker a little parrot and think that's adult? You cry and snivel about cops all the time and said you wanted to watch them. I understand now that it's so you can jerk off while watching carry out their duties. "ooooh that big burley one ...ohhh. oooohh omg!"

And that is it. If police forces weeded out the bad cops the good cops wouldn't have to share the bad rap. And we see with perfect clarity that there are a lot of bad cops. All these people taking these videos are like citizen journalists capturing crimes on tape. Just as security cameras catch criminals in the act, these videos catch cops breaking the law in the act.

The bad do get weeded out, happens all the time. Good cops don't share the bad rap, for some reason libtard think if they insult people it's the accepted norm. But normal people do not accept your childish views as reality. Cops enjoy a pretty high approval rating because most people don't share your seedy value system. You can celebrate whatever you like, it has no bearing on reality.

You repeat words liker a little parrot and think that's adult? You cry and snivel about cops all the time and said you wanted to watch them. I understand now that it's so you can jerk off while watching carry out their duties. "ooooh that big burley one ...ohhh. oooohh omg!"

Here is your challenge. Quote where I said that. Come on. Quote it.

Come on adult. Where did I say it? You can't post a link, you can't quote it because it didn't happen. You are a liar, I would not be surprised if you were a cop. You just keep repeating the lie. Just keep repeating it and demanding that everyone accept it as the truth. Go on, point out where I said I like to watch the cops. I posted the relevant section above, what childish inability to understand what I wrote is going on here?

The linked story talked about a hundred cases where cops had arrested, harassed, or destroyed the phones of people taking video of them. It was set against the backdrop of a larger problem of police objecting to the videos. Supreme Court cases have concluded without any doubt that you have a right to video cops in public. It isn't debatable. It isn't some wild nonsensical idea. It is the law of the land.

But it doesn't stop the cops from destroying phones in an effort to destroy the video.

I pointed out that there was an app that prevented that. There are a number of options in reality. I just pointed out one. That one goes directly to the ACLU which is in a good position to not only keep the video but to take action if the cops are breaking the law.

Use of that app prevents police from destroying the video like they did in this case.

Or this.

Prosecutor: Pennsylvania cop destroyed woman's phone, lied about stop

There are other stories, I've posted some of them here. The one constant is a cop who knows he's doing the wrong thing does not want video of the event out there. Cops abuse the law to make sure no video exists. They've arrested people in Virginia for supposedly violating the wiretapping prohibitions. These cases were all thrown out of court, as that does not apply to public places.

There are a lot of stories, and you don't care about them. You care enough to insult those who raise the issue, and you care enough to try and force those who raise the issue of constitutional freedoms into a box of criminality. That's not adult. Not by a long shot. So besides misrepresenting what I've said, what other "adult" things have you done?

I know, you hate the constitution, but I always argue for maximum freedom, and I always argue against exceptions to the freedoms guaranteed to us by the Constitution.

Now, tell me how childish it is to believe that Civil Liberties matter.

The bad do get weeded out, happens all the time. Good cops don't share the bad rap, for some reason libtard think if they insult people it's the accepted norm. But normal people do not accept your childish views as reality. Cops enjoy a pretty high approval rating because most people don't share your seedy value system. You can celebrate whatever you like, it has no bearing on reality.

I posted a link in the OP. Cops have a 57% approval rating. The military has a higher rating, then again a lot of things have higher ratings. Firemen are consistently rated much higher. Then again, Firemen are unlikely to stand in front of a burning building and swear that it isn't on fire.

Forum List

Back