When Christmas was banned, the Goode Olde Days

Frank and PaintMyHouse together, at last, finally.

Even if a bit creepy. Well, actually a whole lot creepy.

Merry Christmas Eve you little morons. I hope you remembered to show your faith in Jesus by maxing out the VISA card at the Wal-Mart?

When Americans banned Christmas

The first 'War on Christmas' was declared almost 400 years ago, courtesy of our Puritan forefathers

The Pilgrims who came to America in 1620 were strict Puritans who didn't celebrate Christmas: They spent their first Dec. 25th in Plymouth Colony working in the fields as they would on any other day.

How did the first settlers celebrate Christmas?
They didn't. The Pilgrims who came to America in 1620 were strict Puritans, with firm views on religious holidays such as Christmas and Easter. Scripture did not name any holiday except the Sabbath, they argued, and the very concept of "holy days" implied that some days were not holy. "They for whom all days are holy can have no holiday," was a common Puritan maxim. Puritans were particularly contemptuous of Christmas, nicknaming it "Foolstide" and banning their flock from any celebration of it throughout the 17th and 18th centuries. On the first Dec. 25 the settlers spent in Plymouth Colony, they worked in the fields as they would on any other day. The next year, a group of non-Puritan workmen caught celebrating Christmas with a game of "stoole-ball" — an early precursor of baseball — were punished by Gov. William Bradford. "My conscience cannot let you play while everybody else is out working," he told them.
When Americans banned Christmas - The Week

And?
And, they were right. Christmas is bullshit and un-biblical, especially since Yeshua was born in the spring and not to a virgin. Besides that, and the orgy of capitalism of course, modern Christians have the holiday all figured out.

Merry Christmas Eve you little morons. I hope you remembered to show your faith in Jesus by maxing out the VISA card at the Wal-Mart?

The first 'War on Christmas' was declared almost 400 years ago, courtesy of our Puritan forefathers

The Pilgrims who came to America in 1620 were strict Puritans who didn't celebrate Christmas: They spent their first Dec. 25th in Plymouth Colony working in the fields as they would on any other day.

They didn't. The Pilgrims who came to America in 1620 were strict Puritans, with firm views on religious holidays such as Christmas and Easter. Scripture did not name any holiday except the Sabbath, they argued, and the very concept of "holy days" implied that some days were not holy. "They for whom all days are holy can have no holiday," was a common Puritan maxim. Puritans were particularly contemptuous of Christmas, nicknaming it "Foolstide" and banning their flock from any celebration of it throughout the 17th and 18th centuries. On the first Dec. 25 the settlers spent in Plymouth Colony, they worked in the fields as they would on any other day. The next year, a group of non-Puritan workmen caught celebrating Christmas with a game of "stoole-ball" — an early precursor of baseball — were punished by Gov. William Bradford. "My conscience cannot let you play while everybody else is out working," he told them.

And?
And, they were right. Christmas is bullshit and un-biblical, especially since Yeshua was born in the spring and not to a virgin. Besides that, and the orgy of capitalism of course, modern Christians have the holiday all figured out.

I actually agree with you on a couple of things....minus the bitterness. Born in the spring, yes. People should be celebrating his life instead of his birthday.

The people who want to ban Christmas today are not religious extremists, dipshit.

Apples and oranges.

When did I claim to represent Christians with my response to you?
You didn't, you just sound like they do. What moronic faith do you believe in, the Magic Underpants Cult?

I am a firm member of the "Paintmyhouse is a raging twat" congregation and waffle house.
Bad thinking and food. Yep, you're a winner alright.

Just keep it up you raging fucktard.
Either up your game or don't bother replying.

Stop shitposting and there will be no need for replies. Until then, as always, go fuck yourself.

Papa and Marty are bouncing off each other like a cheap vaudeville show.

The facts retain
As the carols strain
That Christmas peace and content
Will ever remain.

Congratulations on your hate for the CHRISTMAS SEASON.
My hatred for the season doesn't begin to compare to my hatred for the so-called Christians.
Fuck you Atheist! If you hate Christians so much, pay no attention to our holiday tomorrow and don't bother us with your message of hate. Go about you business knowing no one is wishing you good tidings of comfort and joy.

My hatred for the season doesn't begin to compare to my hatred for the so-called Christians.
Fuck you Atheist! If you hate Christians so much, pay no attention to our holiday tomorrow and don't bother us with your message if hate. Go about you business knowing no one is wishing you good tidings of comfort and joy.
When you make it not a Federal Holiday, it shouldn't be, and you actually celebrate when the Christ was born, in the spring, I'll let it be.

Merry Christmas Eve you little morons. I hope you remembered to show your faith in Jesus by maxing out the VISA card at the Wal-Mart?...
Hurts, being on the outside, looking in, doesn't it, Ebenezer?
Not at all. I'm simply pointing out a truth that a nation that can't, by law, establish a religion has no official Federal holidays based on a religion, zero.

Fuck you Atheist! If you hate Christians so much, pay no attention to our holiday tomorrow and don't bother us with your message if hate. Go about you business knowing no one is wishing you good tidings of comfort and joy.
When you make it not a Federal Holiday, it shouldn't be, and you actually celebrate when the Christ was born, in the spring, I'll let it be.

I agree again, Christ was born in the spring. Christmas is moe closely related to the worship of a sun god. I think Federal holidays should all go by the wayside, with the possible exception of Memorial Day and Veteran's Day. They also should be used for their intent and not a three day weekend as Memorial Day has lost its meaning.

I agree again, Christ was born in the spring. Christmas is moe closely related to the worship of a sun god. I think Federal holidays should all go by the wayside, with the possible exception of Memorial Day and Veteran's Day. They also should be used for their intent and not a three day weekend as Memorial Day has lost its meaning.
Some American Christian you are. You're going to get kicked off the island thinking like that.

let go of the hatred and come to Christ to be healed.
This is one of the main reasons why I hate the Christians, thinking they know better than others when they know jack-shit, even about their own faith.

True Christians do know more than you, and they correct the pretends as well as you.

Forum List

Back