When Christmas was banned, the Goode Olde Days

PaintMyHouse

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2014
...No Worse Enemy
Merry Christmas Eve you little morons. I hope you remembered to show your faith in Jesus by maxing out the VISA card at the Wal-Mart?

When Americans banned Christmas

The first 'War on Christmas' was declared almost 400 years ago, courtesy of our Puritan forefathers

The Pilgrims who came to America in 1620 were strict Puritans who didn't celebrate Christmas: They spent their first Dec. 25th in Plymouth Colony working in the fields as they would on any other day.

How did the first settlers celebrate Christmas?
They didn't. The Pilgrims who came to America in 1620 were strict Puritans, with firm views on religious holidays such as Christmas and Easter. Scripture did not name any holiday except the Sabbath, they argued, and the very concept of "holy days" implied that some days were not holy. "They for whom all days are holy can have no holiday," was a common Puritan maxim. Puritans were particularly contemptuous of Christmas, nicknaming it "Foolstide" and banning their flock from any celebration of it throughout the 17th and 18th centuries. On the first Dec. 25 the settlers spent in Plymouth Colony, they worked in the fields as they would on any other day. The next year, a group of non-Puritan workmen caught celebrating Christmas with a game of "stoole-ball" — an early precursor of baseball — were punished by Gov. William Bradford. "My conscience cannot let you play while everybody else is out working," he told them.
When Americans banned Christmas - The Week

FLEAS NAVIDOG!!

DOGMINEchristmas2002.jpg

• Banned
Congratulations on your hate for the CHRISTMAS SEASON.
My hatred for the season doesn't begin to compare to my hatred for the so-called Christians.
Your hate is comparable to drinking poison and hope it kills them.

Merry Christmas, Housey. :)
They will be with Jesus soon enough, although they won't be at all both according to the Bible and common sense.
It will be alot better where you will be.

• Banned
My hatred for the season doesn't begin to compare to my hatred for the so-called Christians.

They will be with Jesus soon enough, although they won't be at all both according to the Bible and common sense.
I will be where you will be Sweetcheeks, back to where we were before we were - nothingness, blessed nothingness. Don't worry about being in Hell, you're ready here...

When talking backwards, both according is bible all sense common although.

Wanna try that again, Housey?

btw, Merry Christmas. :)

Militant atheists like PMH are the equivalent of those far right "Christians" hating everyone who does not believe like them.

I will be where you will be Sweetcheeks, back to where we were before we were - nothingness, blessed nothingness. Don't worry about being in Hell, you're ready here...
You keep thinking that, just think you may end up looking what all those babies lives could've been, if you didn't support their murderers. Merry Christmas

You keep thinking that, just think you may end up looking what all those babies lives could've been, if you didn't support their murderers. Merry Christmas
God is the ultimate abortionist, since most conceptions never live to see the light of day, and without any help from us. Believing in Jesus makes you a moron, believing in Heaven makes you a child.

Militant atheists like PMH are the equivalent of those far right "Christians" hating everyone who does not believe like them.
Since humanity is a disease in reality I hate everyone, period, which just happens to be true. And I care very little what you think, but I do care that you can think and most Americans can't.

Merry Christmas Eve you little morons. I hope you remembered to show your faith in Jesus by maxing out the VISA card at the Wal-Mart?

The first 'War on Christmas' was declared almost 400 years ago, courtesy of our Puritan forefathers

The Pilgrims who came to America in 1620 were strict Puritans who didn't celebrate Christmas: They spent their first Dec. 25th in Plymouth Colony working in the fields as they would on any other day.

They didn't. The Pilgrims who came to America in 1620 were strict Puritans, with firm views on religious holidays such as Christmas and Easter. Scripture did not name any holiday except the Sabbath, they argued, and the very concept of "holy days" implied that some days were not holy. "They for whom all days are holy can have no holiday," was a common Puritan maxim. Puritans were particularly contemptuous of Christmas, nicknaming it "Foolstide" and banning their flock from any celebration of it throughout the 17th and 18th centuries. On the first Dec. 25 the settlers spent in Plymouth Colony, they worked in the fields as they would on any other day. The next year, a group of non-Puritan workmen caught celebrating Christmas with a game of "stoole-ball" — an early precursor of baseball — were punished by Gov. William Bradford. "My conscience cannot let you play while everybody else is out working," he told them.

I actually agree, the money and pressure put on people to buy gifts and to spend, spend, spend is wrong.

Much better to always give to those in need and give gifts throughout the year to show appreciation for others friendship.

Since humanity is a disease in reality I hate everyone, period, which just happens to be true. And I care very little what you think, but I do care that you can think and most Americans can't.

That's why you are on a message board and reply to others and start threads, right?

Are you also saying if we were to off ourselves we would help cure the disease?

That's why you are on a message board and reply to others and start threads, right?

Are you also saying if we were to off ourselves we would help cure the disease?
Not unless you can do it by the billions at a time.

PMH, yes, I know that you hate yourself and want humanity gone from the face of the earth, which self hate is driven by the fact that is not going to happen while you are alive.

And?

Forum List

Back