When can we discuss prostituion?

True enough, I really do not put much effort into "regular women". And I was not trying to lecture you, forgive me if you felt offended.

Perhaps my argument was regular women might not be worth the effort.

Honestly, help me understand something.

Is the modern relationship a relic of times past? Should we move on to more efficient/profitable formats?

Do you know a "regular woman?"

I am a male in my 30s, I have been hiring prostitutes since I was 18.
I am not very popular with women, so prostitutes make up a big part of my social life ( I am grateful for them).

This activity is the only illegal thing that I do.

QUESTION

Why is there nowhere/no one that is willing to discuss decriminalizing this practice.

I search far and wide, I try Google, I look for phone numbers. No one is discussing this massive topic.

MY THEORY

As loneliness and globalization increase, we will have a more acute needed for prostitutes. The supply and demand should both increase in tandem.

Can we start a conversation here on why and/or why not?
Is it time to zone, regulate and tax the hell out of the world's oldest profession?

prostitution should be legal, taxed and regulated

I am not very popular with women, so prostitutes make up a big part of my social life ( I am grateful for them).

QUESTION

Why is there nowhere/no one that is willing to discuss decriminalizing this practice.

I search far and wide, I try Google, I look for phone numbers. No one is discussing this massive topic.

MY THEORY

As loneliness and globalization increase, we will have a more acute needed for prostitutes. The supply and demand should both increase in tandem.

Is it time to zone, regulate and tax the hell out of the world's oldest profession?

prostitution should be legal, taxed and regulated

I agree but on the other hand, I have an 8 yo daughter, and it would really REALLY disappoint me if she turned 18 and went to work in a Legal Brothel

I agree but on the other hand, I have an 8 yo daughter, and it would really REALLY disappoint me if she turned 18 and went to work in a Legal Brothel

Then it would be YOUR JOB, as the PARENT to instill the proper morals and values in her to say that going to work at that brothel would not be an appropriate thing to do.

Then it would be YOUR JOB, as the PARENT to instill the proper morals and values in her to say that going to work at that brothel would not be an appropriate thing to do.

Obviously: Otherwise, I wouldn't be terribly disappointed with her LEGAL choice, would I?

Obviously: Otherwise, I wouldn't be terribly disappointed with her LEGAL choice, would I?

In the family I grew up in, whether something was Legal or Socially Acceptable meant very little. What meant something was whether it was Right and Moral.

It's not ILLEGAL to be homosexual in the United States, but if either of my brothers or I had turned out to be homosexual, we would have been disowned so fast our heads would have spun on our shoulders.

QUESTION

MY THEORY

I have often stated here that I support decriminalization of prostitution. They have a place in society and have since the beginning of time. Leave them alone and look for people who want to hurt America by exploding themselves.

In the family I grew up in, whether something was Legal or Socially Acceptable meant very little. What meant something was whether it was Right and Moral.

It's not ILLEGAL to be homosexual in the United States, but if either of my brothers or I had turned out to be homosexual, we would have been disowned so fast our heads would have spun on our shoulders.

I don't disagree.

However, I'd rather make what is Illegal congruent with what is Socially Unacceptable: Essentially this is the basis of Criminal Law, and it makes it a heluva lot easier to be a parent that will enforce a moral code that is also a legal code.

I mostly speak to "regular women" at work, but if I am honest I will admit that I try to keep conversation limited.

The whole framework of male/female relationships seem quite corrupt these days. Most male/female conversation seems like attempts by men to pretend to be interested in the issues of women, usually for the purpose of future sex potential.

One of the things that always amazes me is the lack of truthfulness concerning prostitution. Did you know that most men who take part in it are married, like 80%. I tend to pay upper end prostitutes who charge in the hundreds, when you go to that level it seems like 100% of those men are married. I am yet to get a proper answer from them on why they even decided to marry, the only thing that makes sense to me is that it was a societal obligation.

I really believe that the future will have more honest men that choose not to marry if they don't find a good partner. It is more efficient to get temporary companionship on demand.

True enough, I really do not put much effort into "regular women". And I was not trying to lecture you, forgive me if you felt offended.

Is the modern relationship a relic of times past? Should we move on to more efficient/profitable formats?

Do you know a "regular woman?"

I mostly speak to "regular women" at work, but if I am honest I will admit that I try to keep conversation limited.

The whole framework of male/female relationships seem quite corrupt these days. Most male/female conversation seems like attempts by men to pretend to be interested in the issues of women, usually for the purpose of future sex potential.

One of the things that always amazes me is the lack of truthfulness concerning prostitution. Did you know that most men who take part in it are married, like 80%. I tend to pay upper end prostitutes who charge in the hundreds, when you go to that level it seems like 100% of those men are married. I am yet to get a proper answer from them on why they even decided to marry, the only thing that makes sense to me is that it was a societal obligation.

I really believe that the future will have more honest men that choose not to marry if they don't find a good partner. It is more efficient to get temporary companionship on demand.

The future is now:

Why Are More Men Waiting to Marry? - ABC News

Men are waiting longer and longer for that first trip to the altar, and researchers at Rutgers University say they have figured out why.

Men don't need to get married to get what they want these days — mainly sex — so they feel comfortable in putting off that long term commitment until they have a few bucks in the bank, and a mortgage to pay off.

I really do not put much effort into "regular women". And I was not trying to lecture you, forgive me if you felt offended.

She is innocent (I think in her theories). Women often think that being a hetero male is easy and privileged. They often have a view that dealing with women is easy for ALL men.

Unfortunately, because they have never lived the experience, they simply have no idea what it is like for the hordes of men who cannot attract women no matter what they do.

For other males, they can attract women, but the women are often of low quality (looks and/or personality). This causes problems in relationships, when a man wakes up to realize that his girlfriend/wife is as dumb as a box of cereal, or that he really is not very sexually attracted to her.

I fear many men make ultra bad decisions on women by "taking what they can get". I just pray that they get out before its too late.

In the Netherlands, they boast one of Europe's highest marriage rates and lowest divorce rates, I think this is because prostitution is legal there. In other words men in the Netherlands NEVER marry for sex.

I don't think dealing with women is easy at all. In fact, I tend to feel rather sorry for hetero men BECAUSE they have to deal with women.

Nevertheless, since you say that you've been patronizing prostitutes since you were 18, I have to wonder how much effort you've actually made in the direction of regular women. And honestly, I'm more than a little amused to be lectured about relationships by a man who, by his own admission, doesn't have any.

Another thing to consider, is that these days marrying a women is too similar to marrying a man.

What do I mean? Most modern "regular women" are taking on more male characteristics. Obsession with work, stress, heart attack, over eating, cursing.

In my case I do not need more money, I've got plenty so a woman's job does not improve her value to me. If women do not hold different qualities than men in the modern marriage then it is going to be tough. Reason, I believe most men prefer the company of other men socially; if the only thing a woman brings to a marriage is sex then the future for marriage will be bleak. Especially because prostitutes tend to be better at sex than most wives.

Last edited:
I don't disagree.

However, I'd rather make what is Illegal congruent with what is Socially Unacceptable: Essentially this is the basis of Criminal Law, and it makes it a heluva lot easier to be a parent that will enforce a moral code that is also a legal code.

On that we will most definitely agree. However, until we return to a society in which ANYTHING is deemed Socially Unacceptable, we're going to have a very difficult time doing that.

Another thing to consider, is that these days marrying a women is too similar to marrying a man.

What do I mean? Most modern "regular women" are taking on more male characteristics. Obsession with work, stress, heart attack, over eating, cursing.

In my case I do not need more money, I've got plenty so a woman's job does not improve her value to me. If women do not hold different qualities than men in the modern marriage then it is going to be tough. Reason, I believe most men prefer the company of other men socially; if the only thing a woman brings to a marriage is sex then the future for marriage will be bleak. Especially because prostitutes tend to be better at sex than most wives.

So much about that post tells me why you are alone and need to hire pros.

1. no woman is there to be "of value" to you in the sense you imply.
2. women know when men don't like them and tend to avoid y'all like the plague.
3. if all a woman is to you is sex, then a) you have no respect for women; b) you can use your own right hand or hire someone (as you do).
4. it seems what you really object to is women not being servants. i'd guess having their own money makes someone like you of "no value" to the women you meet.

so maybe you'd do better to come out of the closet since you clearly dislike women.

I really do not put much effort into "regular women". And I was not trying to lecture you, forgive me if you felt offended.

She is innocent (I think in her theories). Women often think that being a hetero male is easy and privileged. They often have a view that dealing with women is easy for ALL men.

Unfortunately, because they have never lived the experience, they simply have no idea what it is like for the hordes of men who cannot attract women no matter what they do.

For other males, they can attract women, but the women are often of low quality (looks and/or personality). This causes problems in relationships, when a man wakes up to realize that his girlfriend/wife is as dumb as a box of cereal, or that he really is not very sexually attracted to her.

I fear many men make ultra bad decisions on women by "taking what they can get". I just pray that they get out before its too late.

In the Netherlands, they boast one of Europe's highest marriage rates and lowest divorce rates, I think this is because prostitution is legal there. In other words men in the Netherlands NEVER marry for sex.

I don't think dealing with women is easy at all. In fact, I tend to feel rather sorry for hetero men BECAUSE they have to deal with women.

Nevertheless, since you say that you've been patronizing prostitutes since you were 18, I have to wonder how much effort you've actually made in the direction of regular women. And honestly, I'm more than a little amused to be lectured about relationships by a man who, by his own admission, doesn't have any.

You get out of a relationship what you are willing to put in. If you are only willing to make a superficial effort to establish a relationship, you will go nowhere. You seem afraid to get hurt, so prostitutes are an easy answer

actually your post tells more about you than his does about him.

So much about that post tells me why you are alone and need to hire pros.
no comment on that, its supported in the thread.

1. no woman is there to be "of value" to you in the sense you imply.
What "value" did he imply? The only thing that can be inferred from his post is that a woman having a job does not add any value to her for him because he doesn't need her income. Would you prefer he value her for her income?
2. women know when men don't like them and tend to avoid y'all like the plague.
nah, women tend to avoid the nice guys and go for the assholes who abuse them.
3. if all a woman is to you is sex, then a) you have no respect for women; b) you can use your own right hand or hire someone (as you do).
I believe whaat he said directly contradicts what you inferred from it. he specifically said if the only thing she brings to the marriage is sex... it's doomed.
4. it seems what you really object to is women not being servants. i'd guess having their own money makes someone like you of "no value" to the women you meet.
He didn't say that either, you inferred it. Fairly so in this case barring clarification from him of what he does value in a woman. It's a justifiable suspicion, not so justifiable as an accusation though.

so maybe you'd do better to come out of the closet since you clearly dislike women.
childish.

You get out of a relationship what you are willing to put in. If you are only willing to make a superficial effort to establish a relationship, you will go nowhere. You seem afraid to get hurt, so prostitutes are an easy answer

There's another side to that, rw. You have people like ME who are more than willing to put the time, energy, money, etc... INTO a relationship so long as we feel there is a reasonable PROBABILITY of getting the expected return on that investment back out of the relationship.

For some of us, that means a very Traditional style of relationship. One that is not based on whimsical fairy tales like "Love" or even on the grossly physical interaction of Sex. For us a relationship is much more like a business partnership; and we're not interested in investing our capital if the other partner does not seem willing or capable of doing the same.

QUESTION

MY THEORY

First of all, let me appluade you for your honesty.

I do think it rather sad that you've never found a woman who makes you happy and who can, even for a night!, you can make happy, too.

In theory I see nothing wrong with legalizing prostitution precisely because I know that some men and women cannot find a suitable partner.

There's another side to that, rw. You have people like ME who are more than willing to put the time, energy, money, etc... INTO a relationship so long as we feel there is a reasonable PROBABILITY of getting the expected return on that investment back out of the relationship.

For some of us, that means a very Traditional style of relationship. One that is not based on whimsical fairy tales like "Love" or even on the grossly physical interaction of Sex. For us a relationship is much more like a business partnership; and we're not interested in investing our capital if the other partner does not seem willing or capable of doing the same.

And again, some people are incapable of forming relationships. Some are socially awkward, some may have a physical limitation and some may be just raging assholes

I see no reason why they should not be able to see a prostitute for their sexual needs

And again, some people are incapable of forming relationships. Some are socially awkward, some may have a physical limitation and some may be just raging assholes

I can personally agree to at least two and possibly three of those criteria in my own life.

I see no reason why they should not be able to see a prostitute for their sexual needs

I would agree. However, what do you suggest for those of us who are not seeking a relationship based on SEX?

Forum List

Back