What's wrong with atheists?

Congress cannot establish a religion. It cannot prohibit religious practice. Saying a prayer does not establish a religion. Religion does not start and stop at the front doors of a church. Religion is a way of life, and prayer is part of religion.

It is not "enlightenment" you see, but common sense. I find it interesting that Congress and citizens--due to the Constitution's position on free speech--has no problem with obscene language and vulgar suggestive images being promoted in public but run like scared rabbits when the prayer is the issue. Public school is the perfect place to teach children that America is a place where open practice of any and all (or no) religion is welcome.

When a publically funded school or government function begins with a prayer they ARE establishing a religious preference. They are acknowledging GOD and offering a prayer to said GOD

You do kn
I would have no problem with that. It happens every day in science classes anyway. Essentially.

No- essentially it doesn't.

I would have as much of a problem with a science teacher requiring a child to write a paper on why there is no god- as I would with a science teacher requiring a child to write a paper that Jesus is the only true savior.

Yeah it does.

If you think teaching the periodic table is proof that there is no god- who am I to argue with you.

You know, you were doing fairly well. You actually participated in a discussion without saying something stupid. Until now. That's pretty good for you though, going as long as you did. Kudos.

It was a pleasure to break your record- several posts ago.

And there you go, doubling down on stupid and childish. Dismissed.

When a publically funded school or government function begins with a prayer they ARE establishing a religious preference. They are acknowledging GOD and offering a prayer to said GOD

You do kn
No- essentially it doesn't.

I would have as much of a problem with a science teacher requiring a child to write a paper on why there is no god- as I would with a science teacher requiring a child to write a paper that Jesus is the only true savior.

Yeah it does.

If you think teaching the periodic table is proof that there is no god- who am I to argue with you.

You know, you were doing fairly well. You actually participated in a discussion without saying something stupid. Until now. That's pretty good for you though, going as long as you did. Kudos.

It was a pleasure to break your record- several posts ago.

And there you go, doubling down on stupid and childish. Dismissed.

No matter how much I double i will never reach your depths of stupid and childish.

Most outspoken atheists argue for separation of church and state- which I agree with.

This is a democracy. Christians who believe in ridiculous fairy tales get to have a say as well. Militant atheists think there should be a road block that prevents Christians for voting for Christian values. The first amendment prevents the government from doing that. The first amendment is in the Constitution. Banning Christians from voting their values is in direct violation of the Constitution. The first amendment is sufficient to me. I disagree with the separation of church and state. Joseph Stalin would probably agree with you. This is another point that I disagree with the outspoken atheist. Christians get one vote. Atheists get one vote. If the Christians outnumber the atheist then guess what? It doesn't take a political science degree to understand that you won't be getting your way if you are an atheist. Whining just makes them look absolutely stupid.

vasuderatorrent

"Christians get one vote. Atheists get one vote. If the Christians outnumber the atheist then guess what? It doesn't take a political science degree to understand that you won't be getting your way if you are an atheist. "

If there were more atheists, you would outlaw believing in a god.

IOW, you would throw out the 1st.

No. It would be much more subtle than that.

. I think those types of atheist account for a very small percentage of atheist.

Those types of atheist just want sexual freedom..

You are truly obsessed with sex.

No one needs to be an atheist to be promiscuous.

I am an atheist but I don't fit in with other atheist. I see no incentive to hate religion.

I am an atheist and I don't hate religion. You don't fit in with other atheists because you think equate atheism with sex.

Maybe so but I have nothing in common with them. I'm not a homo. I'm not an adulterer. I'm not an outspoken atheist that hates religion. I have nothing in common with them. Do you have anything in common with outspoken atheists? I don't.

vasuderatorrent

You're incredibly ignorant, bigoted and passive-aggressive. You don't have the balls to say what you really think.

Fact is, there is no indication that homosexuality, adultery are any more or any less common with either the religious or atheists.

I don't have the balls to type on a computer. You got me. I'm a total coward! :50:

What militant atheists think that Christians should not be allowed to vote? None. That's why I find their desires absurd. Of course Christians are going to vote for candidates that have the same values as them. It would be ridiculous to expect otherwise.

Why exactly do you think that a Jewish child should be forced to pray to Jesus in public school? I don't.

Or that an atheist should be required to swear on a Bible?
I think that is a pretty odd custom myself.

Or that Muslims should have their tax dollars used to build a giant cross in the city park? That could easily happen. Muslims are a minority. They wouldn't have enough votes to block it from happening.

If there is no separation of church and state- what prevents schools from requiring a Jewish child to pray to Jesus?

The first amendment.

Hence once again the separation of church and state.

A Muslim can get elected as a congressman. He can pursue laws that look like Muslim values without labeling them as Muslim values. There is no separation of church and state. Religious groups can still influence the law.

Yet a Muslim cannot pass a law that says that Americans must pray to Mecca 5 times a day. Nor can a Christian pass a law requiring children to all pray in school.

Of course religious groups can influence the law- every American can. But Americans cannot force their religion on other Americans through the law.

I was disagreeing with rightwinger's observation. Rightwinger didn't say that he rarely seen Christians voicing their opinion on youtube. Rightwinger said that he rarely recalls any atheist publically proclaiming that they are atheist. I have seen lots myself.

I rarely recall any atheist publically proclaiming...I am an Atheist!

What militant atheists think that Christians should not be allowed to vote? None. That's why I find their desires absurd. Of course Christians are going to vote for candidates that have the same values as them. It would be ridiculous to expect otherwise.

Why exactly do you think that a Jewish child should be forced to pray to Jesus in public school? I don't.

Or that an atheist should be required to swear on a Bible?
I think that is a pretty odd custom myself.

Or that Muslims should have their tax dollars used to build a giant cross in the city park? That could easily happen. Muslims are a minority. They wouldn't have enough votes to block it from happening.

If there is no separation of church and state- what prevents schools from requiring a Jewish child to pray to Jesus?

The first amendment.

A Muslim can get elected as a congressman. He can pursue laws that look like Muslim values without labeling them as Muslim values. There is no separation of church and state. Religious groups can still influence the law.

Yet a Muslim cannot pass a law that says that Americans must pray to Mecca 5 times a day. Nor can a Christian pass a law requiring children to all pray in school.

Of course religious groups can influence the law- every American can. But Americans cannot force their religion on other Americans through the law.

That is clearly defined in the constitution. Muslims could work together to pass a law that forbids people from eating pork.

You seem angry.

Atheists proselytizing to me always makes me angry.

Clement

So you understand why atheists get ticked at Christians preaching at them. Good. That's a start.

Now you need to work on your anger.

He's an idiot. For starters, atheists aren't proselytizing to him. How many atheists go door to door? Answer, none. How many atheists on this thread care what he believes? The answer is none.

Who started this bitch fest thread? Not an atheist.

This whole thread has been an impersonation of what you sound like to me, after having read 17 years of atheist bitchfests, usually on Christian message boards. The only thing I left out was their idiotic questions on whether or not God can make a rock He can't lift or the monotonous posts about evolution in Church history forums, so stick it in your ass.

Spoken like a true Christian. :)

Spoken like a true atheist. Pick a fight then whine when you get hit back.

You seem angry.

Clement

So you understand why atheists get ticked at Christians preaching at them. Good. That's a start.

He's an idiot. For starters, atheists aren't proselytizing to him. How many atheists go door to door? Answer, none. How many atheists on this thread care what he believes? The answer is none.

This whole thread has been an impersonation of what you sound like to me, after having read 17 years of atheist bitchfests, usually on Christian message boards. The only thing I left out was their idiotic questions on whether or not God can make a rock He can't lift or the monotonous posts about evolution in Church history forums, so stick it in your ass.

Just like your other posts, this one proves that what Carla_Danger wrote is true.

Personally, I think you should start with reading what Jesus taught his followers.

What would you know about it? What DID Jesus tell his followers? Get it right. Point out the places where Jesus passed on exposing liars and hypocrites like you and Carla.

Last edited:

The first amendment.

That is clearly defined in the constitution. Muslims could work together to pass a law that forbids people from eating pork.

And again if it was done by Muslims to force other Americans to abide by their religious convictions, it would never survive Constitutional scrutiny.

No more than a law requiring all Americans to wear a cross.

Clement

Spoken like a true asshole.

Pick a fight and just continue being an asshole.

I was disagreeing with rightwinger's observation. Rightwinger didn't say that he rarely seen Christians voicing their opinion on youtube. Rightwinger said that he rarely recalls any atheist publically proclaiming that they are atheist. I have seen lots myself.

Because you went looking for them.

I see Christians proclaiming their Christianity on a regular basis- but unless I go looking for atheists talking about their atheism, I rarely see one.

Clement

Good description of yourself. Who pulled your chain anyway? Nobody mentioned you by name, you just started flinging insults. You are one of the jerks I was talking about.

Here is a choice- how about having the meeting start without a prayer so that all of those present are not forced to listen to a prayer to a god that they do not believe in?

Why? Is this the only thing people ever say, and you prefer not to listen?

An atheist says that god is not possible. Now you know.

No I don't.

Definition of atheism
  1. 1 archaic : ungodliness, wickedness

2. 2 a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
  3. b : the doctrine that there is no deity
I am an atheist as in 2.a.
b says: "the doctrine that there is no deity", so you close the door to the possibility.

Yes- and I am an atheist as in 2a.
Then you believe that there is no deity possible. You can't just take part of the definition and toss the stuff you don't like. It's not a happy meal. :D

You don't quite understand how definitions work- do you?
Definition of atheism
  1. 1 archaic : ungodliness, wickedness
  2. 2 a : a disbelief in the existence of deity
  3. b : the doctrine that there is no deity
2 & 3 are different definitions- both equally correct definitions.

Here is another example- do you think that a Mouse mus be a small rodent- and a timid person- and a small mobile manual device for your computer?
Full Definition of mouse
plural
mice
play \ˈmīs\
  1. 1 : any of numerous small rodents (as of the genus Mus) with pointed snout, rather small ears, elongated body, and slender tail

2. 2 : a timid person

3. 3 : a dark-colored swelling caused by a blow; specifically : black eye

4. 4 plural also mouses : a small mobile manual device that controls movement of the cursor and selection of functions on a computer display
There's only one definition of atheist, it's someone who doesn't believe in the possibility of a god. You can make up anything you want, but you'd be wrong to everyone but yourself.

Because you went looking for them.

I see Christians proclaiming their Christianity on a regular basis- but unless I go looking for atheists talking about their atheism, I rarely see one.

I have listened to every one of those people on the internet over the last 4-5 years. I have probably seen all of darkmatters2525 videos. I probably watched that video that you listed about Christian Pastor Calls for Killing All Gay People. Was it Steven Anderson or Roger Jiminez? I'm fans of both of those pastors but mostly Steven Anderson. Those guys stand on a brick wall and have absolutely no concern if they lost every member of their congregation. You have to admire that. Most Christian pastors think that the size of their congregation is some type of indication of how good they are doing. Steven Anderson thinks that preaching the Bible is the most important and the size of his congregation means jack squat.

Last edited:

Yep. That was Steven Anderson when he discovered the cure for AIDS. That was earth shattering. I listened to that entire sermon. The United States Department of Health would certainly agree with Steven Anderson's proposed cure for AIDS but they just don't know how it can be implemented legally. I guess we are stuck with AIDS in the United States. I love Steven Anderson. That man gets an A+ in my book.

But what edthecynic said is true. It used to be very accepted for very young children married and is still what some people want.

Irrelevant dissembling. We aren't living in those times, and it has no bearing on what Dawkins said, nor anybody else;s apologia for pedophiles raping kids.

edthecynic is also correct about what Dawkins said.

As for being an "apologist", knowledge is our best weapon. And, Mike Huckabee is very much an apologist for what Josh Duggar and the rest of that cult do.

No, he is just distorting context and making an apologia for a sick fuck, that's all. What does Huckabee have to do with this? If you have to stretch and segue to change the topic that much, it's a clear admission you know you have nothing. And, as has been pointed out, a lot of 'atheists' are very accepting of sexual abuse and sick fetishes, and you two only add to the evidence, so thanks for playing. We know you're emotionally and intellectually incapable of understanding what is wrong with pedoes raping kids, it's the way sociopaths are wired.

Good description of yourself. Who pulled your chain anyway? Nobody mentioned you by name, you just started flinging insults. You are one of the jerks I was talking about.

If you had started a thread about why all blacks are assholes- and I was black I would be just as offended.

You decided you needed to attack all atheists- which includes me- apparently because you are an asshole.

I haven't started any threads attacking you- as a Christian- for being a Christian. Because I am not an asshole who goes around starting threads attacking people because they don't believe the same thing as me.

Here is a mind experiment- try not being an asshole and see if people treat you better.

Forum List

Back