What's wrong with atheists?

Clement

A REAL free thinker
Mar 8, 2014
I had someone ask me recently why, if atheism is so fulfilling, why are atheists so angry? I have been thinking about it and this is what I came up with:

Number one, atheists have to establish some kind of victimhood status so they can make it personal. They'll go back a thousand years to complain about something the Church allegedly did (and they usually make that up) to establish some level of butthurtedness. (I know, that's not a word, stay on point.) The Crusades is one of their favorites because they can make things up about that and nobody bothers to check the facts.

One of their complaints is that they claim Christianity (It's always Christianity, they never bitch about Judaism or Islam) "passes laws" that keep them from doing things they want to do, whatever that is. Well, we don't "pass laws", we have state and federal legislatures to do that. So the real problem is that we vote. The idea that people who don't believe what they believe vote is repugnant to them. So they hate freedom.

Finally, if I ever meet an atheist who has the slightest inkling of a clue about what Christianity really believes I will shake his hand and buy him a cigar. What they usually do is twist the beliefs of a doomsday cult and claim that's what the Bible teaches and what Christianity believes.

BUT, let some cult (you know who you are) speak up and they will defend them with their dying breath because they think the very fact that heretics exist must mean they have a case.

Pathetic. Hypocritical. Illogical. Non factual. Atheists.

I had someone ask me recently why, if atheism is so fulfilling, why are atheists so angry? I have been thinking about it and this is what I came up with:

Number one, atheists have to establish some kind of victimhood status so they can make it personal. They'll go back a thousand years to complain about something the Church allegedly did (and they usually make that up) to establish some level of butthurtedness. (I know, that's not a word, stay on point.) The Crusades is one of their favorites because they can make things up about that and nobody bothers to check the facts.

One of their complaints is that they claim Christianity (It's always Christianity, they never bitch about Judaism or Islam) "passes laws" that keep them from doing things they want to do, whatever that is. Well, we don't "pass laws", we have state and federal legislatures to do that. So the real problem is that we vote. The idea that people who don't believe what they believe vote is repugnant to them. So they hate freedom.

Finally, if I ever meet an atheist who has the slightest inkling of a clue about what Christianity really believes I will shake his hand and buy him a cigar. What they usually do is twist the beliefs of a doomsday cult and claim that's what the Bible teaches and what Christianity believes.

BUT, let some cult (you know who you are) speak up and they will defend them with their dying breath because they think the very fact that heretics exist must mean they have a case.

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

This fails as a straw man fallacy.

Bullshit. I have heard this a million times. This is exactly what they do, and all of your "I know you are but what am I?' won't change that.

The OP is SO right.

Atheists - constantly whinging that there's a "War Against Atheism", that they don't have enough special, tax free buildings just for them, not enough holidays named after their beliefs. They demand to have free TV networks just so they can spew their godless hatred to the masses, they think everyone should bow down to their wishes to change the US Constitution so they force their beliefs on children in schools and preach in our government buildings, they demand you give them at least 10% or you can't be in their club and you're supposed to welcome them into your home anytime they knock on your door.

Then they demand even more. Will their demands never end?

:rolleyes:

I forgot to mention that if you challenge them they accuse you of "strawman arguments".

The OP is SO right.

Atheists - constantly whinging that there's a "War Against Atheism", that they don't have enough special, tax free buildings just for them, not enough holidays named after their beliefs. They demand to have free TV networks just so they can spew their godless hatred to the masses, they think everyone should bow down to their wishes to change the US Constitution so they force their beliefs on children in schools and preach in our government buildings, they demand you give them at least 10% or you can't be in their club and you're supposed to welcome them into your home anytime they knock on your door.

Then they demand even more. Will their demands never end?

:rolleyes:

What? You didn't bitch about the Crusades even once....

My experience with atheists is different. Yes, some are angry, more are non-committal and matter-of-fact. As a whole they are intelligent, caring people. What I have noticed is something different than what you have picked up on.

It has been my experience that people are atheist, or become atheist, because God does not meet their expectations--neither in scripture nor in their individual life. They have their own ideas about what God would do, or would not do. God--even--or maybe especially--the one described by Christians does not live up to those ideas. Their conclusion is that there is no God, or if there is, He is useless, which is pretty much the same as no God.

If we, as Christians, are losing people to atheism, perhaps our approach to teaching about God is lacking.

The OP is SO right.

Pay attention, class, now THAT is a strawman argument.

My experience with atheists is different. Yes, some are angry, more are non-committal and matter-of-fact. As a whole they are intelligent, caring people. What I have noticed is something different than what you have picked up on.

It has been my experience that people are atheist, or become atheist, because God does not meet their expectations--neither in scripture nor in their individual life. They have their own ideas about what God would do, or would not do. God--even--or maybe especially--the one described by Christians does not live up to those ideas. Their conclusion is that there is no God, or if there is, He is useless, which is pretty much the same as no God.

If we, as Christians, are losing people to atheism, perhaps our approach to teaching about God is lacking.

People become atheists because God won't get with their program. Perhaps their mother or father died, God didn't drop a pot of gold on them when they needed it, or they find out that their favorite sin is in fact a sin. Sometimes it's because they hate their parents, but mostly it's because they think that Christians don't share their politics.

From what I have seen, most of them think that religion is politics. Look at the Trump haters, the Bush haters, the Romney haters.

Good post. Except that its the other way around. People do not choose atheism over Christianity. We are not born believing in God. We are taught to believe in God. Many educate themselves and learn that there is no reason to believe in God and many many reasons not to believe in God.

Clement who is really angry and chose the name of a pope! I made fun of you because you took the know-it-all stance that far too many of you think you've earned. Drop your own anger, get off your high horse and quit telling people that you know everything about them. You want respect? Earn it.

BTW, I believe in Jesus but no, I don't believe in God. That means I don't blame or credit God with the events in my life. Instead, I learn from Jesus' words and actions and try to emulate him.

The OP is SO right.

Pay attention, class, now THAT is a strawman argument.

Its actually a shoe that's just your size.

Hmmm I am an atheist and I am not angry. Even though once again I am being attacked by a Christian just because I don't believe in your fairy tale.

So- your claim is
a) Non-factual- since I am an atheist and not angry
b) Pathetic- since you felt the need to attack others for not believing in your fairy tales
c) Illogical- since you have not established that any atheists are angry.
d) Hypocritical- since you don't hold yourself to the same standard.

Why do you feel a need to attack atheists?

I had someone ask me recently why, if atheism is so fulfilling, .

Atheism is as fulfilling as not collecting stamps is 'fulfilling'.

I don't believe in your fairy tales- why would you have any expectation that I would be 'fulfilled' by not believing in your fairy tales- or not collecting your stamps?

There are atheist that practice celibacy or stay committed sexually to one person for life but those aren't the ones you are referencing. The atheist who have normal sex lives know that God doesn't exist but they don't really care enough about it to discuss it.

I

Number one, atheists have to establish some kind of victimhood status so they can make it personal. They'll go back a thousand years to complain about something the Church allegedly did (and they usually make that up) to establish some level of butthurtedness. (I know, that's not a word, stay on point.) The Crusades is one of their favorites because they can make things up about that and nobody bothers to check the facts..

I don't have to establish any victimhood to not believe in your fairy tales.

The Christian church has done good things and done bad things- and none of that has anything to do with my not believing in your fairy tales.

I
One of their complaints is that they claim Christianity (It's always Christianity, they never bitch about Judaism or Islam) "passes laws" that keep them from doing things they want to do, whatever that is. Well, we don't "pass laws", we have state and federal legislatures to do that. So the real problem is that we vote. The idea that people who don't believe what they believe vote is repugnant to them. So they hate freedom..

LOL- Christianity doesn't pass laws- Christians have passed discriminatory laws. Muslims in Islamic countries have passed discriminatory laws. Jews in Israel have passed discriminatory laws.

You don't however get to proclaim that the United States is a "Christian nation" and then on the other hand say that Christians are not responsible for the laws passed by Christian majorities in the United States.

And no- I don't hate freedom just because I don't think that people should not be able to vote to legalize slavery or any other unconstitutional laws.

Hmmm I am an atheist and I am not angry. Even though once again I am being attacked by a Christian just because I don't believe in your fairy tale.

So- your claim is
a) Non-factual- since I am an atheist and not angry
b) Pathetic- since you felt the need to attack others for not believing in your fairy tales
c) Illogical- since you have not established that any atheists are angry.
d) Hypocritical- since you don't hold yourself to the same standard.

Why do you feel a need to attack atheists?

There are at least two types of atheist. The most common is the apathetic atheist. The second most common is the psychotic atheist. The psychotic atheist are the ones that the OP is referencing. Those are the ones that engage in abnormal sexual behaviors and hate being told by Christians that something is wrong with their particularly favorite sexual behavior. It's weird. I eat beef all the time but I don't care what Hindus say about me eating beef. I'm not sure why psychotic atheist care what Christians say about their particular flavor of sexual behavior. That's why I call them psychotic atheist. They want to destroy the people that disagree with them. I'm pretty sure that is utterly psychotic.

I
Finally, if I ever meet an atheist who has the slightest inkling of a clue about what Christianity really believes I will shake his hand and buy him a cigar. What they usually do is twist the beliefs of a doomsday cult and claim that's what the Bible teaches and what Christianity believes..

Since Christians can't even agree on what "Christianity really believes" why do you think you are the authority on what Christianity believes.

There are 3 major branches of Christianity- Catholic, Orthodox, and Protestant- and the Protestant church has hundreds of sub-branches.

Now I have read the Bible multiple times- and what I have noticed is that self proclaimed Christians like yourself tend to cherry pick what parts of the Bible they wish to embrace- and ignore those which they wish to ignore.

What I have noticed is that there are some self proclaimed Christians who feel a need to try to be superior to those who don't believe their fairy tales- but most Christians are good people who just want to worship God and have Jesus Christ as their savior.

Why can't you be a good Christian?

Forum List

Back