What's The Best Way To Fight and/or Stop Racism?

Don't listen to him.

The president has never had any effect on my daily life or the people I choose to engage with.
Is that the belief that the majority of Americans have, that it doesn't what the President says it has no effect whatsoever on their lives?

Is that your final position?

Don't listen to him.

The president has never had any effect on my daily life or the people I choose to engage with.
Is that the belief that the majority of Americans have, that it doesn't what the President says it has no effect whatsoever on their lives?

Can we save everyone?

Me thinks not.

I like how brother Beau of the Fifth Column put it...

What about you, what say you, what's the best way to stop this vile thing called "racism/bigotry/prejudice?"

arent you a democrat? You are the racist

Don't listen to him.

Put it this way

Nothing any president has ever said since I have been old enough to vote has ever really had a noticeable effect on my daily life.

WHat has what a president said that has had a noticeable effect on your daily life and what was that effect?

All white people should be required to take in a black family as family pets. Feed them, give them a warm place to sleep, make sure they get their shots, have them spayed and neutered. You know. Treat them like the helpless animals they want us all to think that they are. And they will love us because we're caring for them. And just like that....racism will be over.

I will take your denial of and request for a definition of race baiter, as a rhetorical opening question, as it is not credible at this late date for you to be unaware of it.

A race baiter is a person who uses false accusations of racism, to "bait" people into believing that someone or something should be hated.

It is a tactic used by all lefties, as you well know.
I pretty much reject that term and definition.

Accepting it will mean that there's never any credible claim of people being racist.

Accepting it would also mean it's possible to "bait" a racist person into responding to something.

That's total nonsense.

My question was completely legitimate b/c only the person using that term knows what it means.

10 other USMB posters were to answer it, I'd get 10 different definitions.

That's because it's a made up term, only meaning what the person using it, at that time, think it means.

That said, I thank you for sharing.

Put it this way

Nothing any president has ever said since I have been old enough to vote has ever really had a noticeable effect on my daily life.

WHat has what a president said that has had a noticeable effect on your daily life and what was that effect?
I wish you were posting this rhetoric when the Republicans were on here shatting themselves on the daily over every. little. thing Obama said.

You do recall that happening, don't you?

Primarily because it's hard to define and understanding it can be even harder. For example is racial self interest racism? How dark or light must one's skin be to be Black or White? Is hatred for a race the same as racism if it does not spring from a belief in racial superiority? If I hate black people because they commit more crimes in my neighborhood, is that racism? Racism is a belief in racial superiority and we just people beliefs by their actions. However, actions are not always based on a belief.
I think those questions are fairly easy to answer and get to a common consensus when viewed through the lens of historical racism in this country.

That's where too many whites fall short, they choose to forget history, or pick and choose when to start the history.

9 times of 10 they seem to choose a historical point where they perceive blacks being the benefactor or aggressor, depending on the specific topic at hand.

Do you find this to be an accurate statement, or totally false?
I don't think that those questions are easily answered but yes I do believe White people do perceive blacks from historical point of view.

My point is racism seems to be a simple subject but when you dig into it, it's far more complex than it appears. This is primarily due to the fact that there is both narrow and wide definitions of racism plus one's actions do not always support one's beliefs. In fact people often act contrary to their beliefs.

If I say I support segregation in our schools, your first thought is likely to be that's racist. It's discrimination but is it really racism? That depends of why I support segregation. If it's based on a belief in racial superiority it certainly is. However, it's based on a belief that education of both black and white children would receive a better educated if separated, then it's not racist because it's not based on a belief in racial superiority. BTW, I do not support segregation.

There are many other areas in which the racial issue becomes very murky. Supporters and opposition to affirmative action often refer to their opposition as being racist. Supporters claim the opposition is racist because they seek to block the educational advancement of blacks which has been denied them for so long. Whites claims it's racist because it's discriminate against whites. IMHO, both side are wrong because both claims do not fit the narrow definition racism; that is neither side is showing a belief in racial superiority.

Racism is thought of as being as clear as black and white. You're either a racist or you're not. However, just as there are shades of black and white, their are shades of racism.

Last edited:
Moron every big city police and fire department prioritize hiring minorities and in fact under Obama some cities were forced to reorganize their police and fire departments with QUOTA's for minorities. You know it as well as I do. Quit pretending otherwise, as for colleges they set aside x number of admissions for minorities and give them extra points on the admission forms. You know this also you just want to pretend otherwise.
Hack, can you post examples of these departments hiring UNQUALIFIED individuals?
You mean like lowering standards for women? Dumb fuck

Structured moderated debates such as we see in both colleges and high schools are good places for racial issues. In structured debate, one side presents the affirmative and other side the negative. A Rebute comes in the form of facts and a logical argument. Moderators keep each side on topic. A personal attack is reason for disqualification. In topics such as racial issues, it is an ideal platform because there is no place for hot heads, and people that just want to spread propaganda. Secondly, race is a complex subject which often leads to misunderstandings.
Interesting...

What makes it so complex, as you understand it?
Primarily because it's hard to define and understanding it can be even harder. For example is racial self interest racism? How dark or light must one's skin be to be Black or White? Is hatred for a race the same as racism if it does not spring from a belief in racial superiority? If I hate black people because they commit more crimes in my neighborhood, is that racism? Racism is a belief in racial superiority and we judge people's beliefs based on their actions. However, actions are not always a good indicator of belief.

Many on the left would accuse you of racism just for acknowledging the fact that blacks commit more crimes. But they'd give you a medal if you blamed their criminal proclivities on white people.

I will take your denial of and request for a definition of race baiter, as a rhetorical opening question, as it is not credible at this late date for you to be unaware of it.

A race baiter is a person who uses false accusations of racism, to "bait" people into believing that someone or something should be hated.

It is a tactic used by all lefties, as you well know.
I pretty much reject that term and definition.

Accepting it will mean that there's never any credible claim of people being racist.

It is telling that you don't think that the massive numbers of FALSE accusations of racism, is any problem for TRUE accusations of racism.

Probably because, as a lefty yourself, you are more invested in the far more numerous and important FALSE accusations than the few TRUE ones.

Accepting it would also mean it's possible to "bait" a racist person into responding to something.

That's total nonsense.

Nothing in my post indicates that racist people would be the ones baited. Either you are lying or you have zero reading comprehension.

My question was completely legitimate b/c only the person using that term knows what it means.

10 other USMB posters were to answer it, I'd get 10 different definitions.

That's because it's a made up term, only meaning what the person using it, at that time, think it means.

My definition fits the actions of the liberals as I describe. The action I describe is real. If you want to argue semantics, I'm sure there are web sites for etymology where you could have a grand old time doing that.

It is telling that you don't think that the massive numbers of FALSE accusations of racism, is any problem for TRUE accusations of racism.

Probably because, as a lefty yourself, you are more invested in the far more numerous and important FALSE accusations than the few TRUE ones.

Nothing in my post indicates that racist people would be the ones baited. Either you are lying or you have zero reading comprehension.

My definition fits the actions of the liberals as I describe. The action I describe is real. If you want to argue semantics, I'm sure there are web sites for etymology where you could have a grand old time doing that.
There's been no point in this country's history, where white people, collectively, have accurately been able to, correctly, identify racism.

Why doy you think you're able to now?

There's been no point in this country's history, where white people, collectively, have accurately been able to, correctly, identify racism.

White people invented the word "racism".

Put it this way

I wish you were posting this rhetoric when the Republicans were on here shatting themselves on the daily over every. little. thing Obama said.

You do recall that happening, don't you?

Yes but then again what did Obama ever say that had a real effect on any of their lives? Just because people whine incessantly is no means evidence that they actually have a legitimate gripe.

You see that you are doing the same thing you are criticizing the people who whined about Obama for don't you?

As longs as the "you did it when the guy I voted for was in office so I;ll do the same thing when the guy you voted for is in office" playground mentality exists, we will never make any headway in any area of society where real issues exist.

Your racist generalization of white people is noted. In that name of the generations of white people that fought and sometimes even died for your people, I say, thanks for pissing our our sacrifices.

My point about how to fight racism stands. We need to call out the race baiters every time they race bait.

Call them on their vile bullshit, and not let them get away with it.

Yes but then again what did Obama ever say that had a real effect on any of their lives? Just because people whine incessantly is no means evidence that they actually have a legitimate gripe.

You see that you are doing the same thing you are criticizing the people who whined about Obama for don't you?

As longs as the "you did it when the guy I voted for was in office so I;ll do the same thing when the guy you voted for is in office" playground mentality exists, we will never make any headway in any area of society where real issues exist.
I'd like to see you show me any post or thread of mine criticizing Trump, that's not legitimate.

Republicans were criticizing Obama for using Gray Poupon and for wearing a tan suit....remember!?!???

That you compare the two is rather, well...it's not good. It's just. not. good.

Your racist generalization of white people is noted. In that name of the generations of white people that fought and sometimes even died for your people, I say, thanks for pissing our our sacrifices.

My point about how to fight racism stands. We need to call out the race baiters every time they race bait.

What's worse, in your mind, the actual racists, or this made up term "race baiters?"

What's worse, in your mind, the actual racists, or this made up term "race baiters?"

LIke I said save your etymology concerns for some one who cares.

IMO, the race baiting is more of a concern today, than the fringe of serious white racists in our society.

White racists are an insignificant fringe who's biggest impact is giving some political cover to the race baiting of the main stream media.

While race BAITERS, have massive impact on policy and politics.

If you really want racism to end you'd first have to eliminate any current law on the books that have anything at all to do with race. Then you'd have to instruct everyone in government, especially congress and the black caucus to STFU about it altogether regardles of who it's supposed to be for or benefit. As long as you hold it out there it'll continue to be an issue but if you let it die, it will surely die.
The American Government had racist laws that held down and persecuted blacks for over 300 years.

How do you account for that?
To Republicans, it’s a matter of perspective. They remember it fondly as a time when African-Americans had 100% employment.
When they say make America great again, again means exactly what they say it means, again. They look fondly on the good ol’ days.

Forum List

Back