What would the Republican reaction be if Obama had millions in offshore accounts?

So Chris, you know Obama DOESN'T have money in offshore accounts?

are you his money manager now?

dear gawd, stupid

As a matter of fact we do know that

The President has to fully disclose his assets and investments

And they are in the good ole USA

The furor over Mitt RomneyMitt Romney's millions and offshore accounts have died down somewhat as his supporters try valiantly to defuse the touch of dishonesty surrounding cries of tax evasion, Capital venture investments and his huge net worth. In fact, they claim overseas accounts is not tax evasion for it was perfectly within the limits of the law to send your money on a vacation.
The last time I checked we had sufficient big banks within America's shores that are capable of handling Romney's many millions. So there has to be a reason for hording all that money in the sunny Caribbean Cayman Islands and frosty Zürich, Switzerland.
The former Massachusetts Governor and Bain Capital Exec. says storing his money in foreign accounts, with nondescript P.O. Box numbers, is legal according to 'Uncle Sam.' That might be right, but why go to the trouble to send his money on such a long journey if it didn't benefit him in a big way? Moreover, if Romney wants to be leader of the U.S. shouldn't he practice what he preaches? How is he going to reform the tax codes if they have worked so well for his bottom line? How is he going to ask Americans to sacrifice, while he is using every loophole on the books to line his already padded pockets?

What would the GOP narrative be if Obama funneled money to offshore accounts as Romney?

Boy you and your HYPOCRITE President SURE leave yourselves OPEN!

YOU are NOT aware that for the LAST 3 years at least since having release tax returns OBAMA writes off..takes tax loophole.. of $300,000 that LOWERS HIS TAX bill!

HE hypocritically tells us piously "I'm my brother's keeper"HAHAHAHAHAH!!!

YET his tax returns show the SMALLEST amount tax write off of 14% of taxable income for DONATIONS! YES my brother's keeper made 3 times as much as BUSH 1.7 million YET gave less percentage (sound familiar?? complaining about Buffett's secretary??)
BUT BUSH gave 23% of his taxable income!

AND Obama couldn't even send a few dollars to his bro living in a $12 hut in Africa!

HYPOCRITE..
OH in case you don't believe here are the links:

According to his 2009 documents, the Obamas paid 1.79 million dollars in federal taxes and 163,303 dollars in state taxes to Illinois where the couple owns a home in Chicago.
The couple also donated 329,100 dollars to 40 different charities in 2009, with the largest reported gifts being 50,000 dollars to CARE and the United Negro College Fund.
Income gross $5,500,000
Taxes 1,790,000
donations 329,100 5.98% ONLY!!!
Obamas earned 5.5 million dollars in 2009

The Obamas' paid $855,323 in federal income tax 2008
And they donated $172,050 -
or less then 6.5% of their adjusted gross income to 37 different charities.

President and Mrs. George W. Bush reported taxable income of $719, 274 for the tax year 2007 and paid $221,635 in federal income taxes, the White House said Friday.
The Bushes contributed a total of $165,660 [23%] to churches and charitable organizations.
Bush earned $719,000 in 2007 - CNN.com

So your point is that the Obamas contributed more to charity than the Bushs did even though the Bush's have ten times the personal wealth

Republicans are cheap

Typical. Romney - as would anyone else - is completely within the law. It's his money and he can park it in a bank offshore, here, or under his bed if that's what he chooses. But the lefty stooges try to make an issue out of it because it's part of their game plan to keep the focus off Obama, his promises, resulting failures, etc., etc.

Typical. Romney - as would anyone else - is completely within the law. It's his money and he can park it in a bank offshore, here, or under his bed if that's what he chooses. But the lefty stooges try to make an issue out of it because it's part of their game plan to keep the focus off Obama, his promises, resulting failures, etc., etc.

I believe it is much more sinister then that.

If it sits overseas, they can not get their greedy little hands on it.

The furor over Mitt RomneyMitt Romney's millions and offshore accounts have died down somewhat as his supporters try valiantly to defuse the touch of dishonesty surrounding cries of tax evasion, Capital venture investments and his huge net worth. In fact, they claim overseas accounts is not tax evasion for it was perfectly within the limits of the law to send your money on a vacation.
The last time I checked we had sufficient big banks within America's shores that are capable of handling Romney's many millions. So there has to be a reason for hording all that money in the sunny Caribbean Cayman Islands and frosty Zürich, Switzerland.
The former Massachusetts Governor and Bain Capital Exec. says storing his money in foreign accounts, with nondescript P.O. Box numbers, is legal according to 'Uncle Sam.' That might be right, but why go to the trouble to send his money on such a long journey if it didn't benefit him in a big way? Moreover, if Romney wants to be leader of the U.S. shouldn't he practice what he preaches? How is he going to reform the tax codes if they have worked so well for his bottom line? How is he going to ask Americans to sacrifice, while he is using every loophole on the books to line his already padded pockets?

What would the GOP narrative be if Obama funneled money to offshore accounts as Romney?

Here's the thing skippy.

It's an issue invented by you morons. We don't give a damn what people do with thier money in a free country.

only the crybabies do.

So Chris, you know Obama DOESN'T have money in offshore accounts?

are you his money manager now?

dear gawd, stupid

As a matter of fact we do know that

The President has to fully disclose his assets and investments

And they are in the good ole USA

and you'd condemn Obama if he had offshore money like Romney?

Like any other god luv'n, flag salute'n, gun toten American ....you bet your ass I would

I have an offshore account. I would say it's none of anyone else's business.... or the FBI's.... as long as the accounts are declared on his tax returns. It's not 'hiding' money if one declares the accounts. It is not illegal, or immoral, or even vaguely suspect.... it is SOP for anyone who seeks to make efficient use of our tax laws.

As an American, Romney is free to invest wherever he gets the greatest tax advantage

And voters get the right to voice displeasure for these tax loopholes by voting against those who use them

Freedom is a great thing isn't it?

Id be saying he is free to place his money wherever he wants.

And you'd ask me what the word "free" means.

Bullshit.

You would say, What is he hiding?

Are you accusing Romney of something illegal? Or are you accusing him of being smart with his money? Because I think we both know at this point that he didn't do anything that wasn't legal so it's quite obvious that you're attempting to smear his reputation by asking veiled questions like "What is he hiding?"

I'm amused by the "furor" about Romney's off shore accounts...a furor that lasted for all of a week while all the Huff Posts and Think Progress sites dug really hard and couldn't come up with ANYTHING that Romney had done that could even remotely be called illegal.

Id be saying he is free to place his money wherever he wants.

And you'd ask me what the word "free" means.

Bullshit.

You would say, What is he hiding?

Are you accusing Romney of something illegal? Or are you accusing him of being smart with his money? Because I think we both know at this point that he didn't do anything that wasn't legal so it's quite obvious that you're attempting to smear his reputation by asking veiled questions like "What is he hiding?"

I'm amused by the "furor" about Romney's off shore accounts...a furor that lasted for all of a week while all the Huff Posts and Think Progress sites dug really hard and couldn't come up with ANYTHING that Romney had done that could even remotely be called illegal.

Nobody has ever said Romney should go to jail for having offshore accounts

The question is.......will millions of Americans who are unemployed and struggling to raise their families vote for someone who uses off shore accounts to shield his wealth and pays an effective tax rate that is lower than theirs?

Like any other god luv'n, flag salute'n, gun toten American ....you bet your ass I would

you, I believe when you say that.

Chris has thus far avoided the question.

All kidding aside

As a taxpayer, yes it pisses me off that the wealthiest among us have tax loopholes that you can drive a truck through.

those loopholes can be used by anyone. I am unaware of any that are ONLY for 'the rich', whatever 'rich' really means.

Meanwhile you don't even blink an eye at Barack Obama's little real estate "payoff" from Tony Rezko when Obama got his Chicago estate at $300,000 under the asking price because Rezko bought an adjacent lot the same day for full price, a lot that Rezko never did a thing with.

You'll come on here and try and smear Romney because he was intelligent enough to know how to invest his money by inferring that just having an "off-shore" account means he's guilty of some wrongdoing...but the guy that YOU support pulls off a sleazy "pay for play" scheme like what went down with the purchase of Obama's house and you've got no problem with THAT...right, Chris?

you, I believe when you say that.

Chris has thus far avoided the question.

All kidding aside

As a taxpayer, yes it pisses me off that the wealthiest among us have tax loopholes that you can drive a truck through.

those loopholes can be used by anyone. I am unaware of any that are ONLY for 'the rich', whatever 'rich' really means.

Yes I know....everyone can be a millionaire in this country

But those loopholes are set up for those who do not have to worry about how they will pay the mortgage next month or how they will come up with the money for juniors braces

Forum List

Back