What Would It Take?

Used to say I'll believe in God when he's on Larry King. So you know, something like that. :)

I get that, and I like the humor behind it, but, ass-u-me-ing that someone or something claiming to be God Himself was sitting across the table from Mr. King, what would it take to prove that The Divine was actually present?

Water in to wine or some other such miracle would be a minimum requirement for me.

Wouldn't accept anything Cabbanaro could do. But make a day or night twice as long or something else that really defies science and I'll be in church with bells on. :)

when I ask your god to show itself to me, why doesn't it? :dunno:
I asked and received squat!

Yes, there are several scriptures that advise, "Seek the Lord while he may be found, call upon Him while He is near." There is another verse that should be considered as well: "Do not test the Lord your God." Testing the Lord is what brings squat. For some reason God simply declines to take our tests.

In our hearts we know when we are seeking the Lord versus when we are testing the Lord.

when I ask your god to show itself to me, why doesn't it? :dunno:
I asked and received squat!

Yes, there are several scriptures that advise, "Seek the Lord while he may be found, call upon Him while He is near." There is another verse that should be considered as well: "Do not test the Lord your God." Testing the Lord is what brings squat. For some reason God simply declines to take our tests.

In our hearts we know when we are seeking the Lord versus when we are testing the Lord.
I'm seeking the Lord, seriously. But can't find him.

who's that?......some former mentor of yours?......
Nope. Just a guy with mental health issues who, remarkably, made grandiose claims as many cult / religious leaders have.
I would take it for granted that your mentor had mental health issues......how else would they have been passed on......
It's just that there is a common theme that connects cult leaders, religions and grandiose claims.

That meteors are sent to collect a specific group to men claiming they have some connection to spirit realms. There always seems to be a collection of extremists willing to mouth the bait.

I'm seeking the Lord, seriously. But can't find him.

It is times like this where I could say, "Do this, then that, and next the other," and presto, there is God. It doesn't work like that, and I don't know why. It shouldn't be so hard. My own seeking stretched over a ten year period and came when I least expected it--in a manner I did not expect. Nor has it been a case, "Now that it happened, I find God all the time at any instance I wish." It's more a matter of knowing God is present, but accepting I won't always be able to perceive Him.

A final thought: Even 'finding' God, knowing through experience not just through faith, there is a God, it is not enough. In this present life we are not made to continually be in the presence of the Lord. Think of a high time in your life and the later crash. Or, think of something you know is there but beyond your reach. The thought "If only I find God, then all will be well," is not how it works. It opens up a whole new hunger. The missing, the longing becomes greater, not less.

'IF' there is a God, he, she, it is clearly keeping above perception by us. At least by any scientific method of discovery. It is also debatable whether the existence or non existence of God can be decided by reasoning.
It seems to me it is a matter of faith, which means that even simple people can open their hearts to God and feel comfort from their beliefs. The trouble with religions is that they attempt to get a handle on God, and they are doomed to fail in that effort. So many people slavishly follow a false doctrine because it makes them feel better.

I have had much experience of spiritualism and attended many trance lectures by well known mediums. The consensus of opinion from the spirit guides is that there is a God. They claim it is easier to see the presence of God in higher planes of existence as divine energy manifests itself plainly. But here on earth we incarnate for experience sake and are given freedom to act without restraint that we would feel if God proved his existence. Thus we evolve through many incarnations, by trial and error.

What would it take to prove a God?
the second coming should do nicely, thanks......
Sorry, Jesus only came once (with mary magdalen, that whore). :D
sad.....trolls used to be more clever.......
You don't believe anything in the bible is true anyways, so what the fuck do you care, you naive little man.
???....but that's not a true statement.....is that a method you trolls use?....claiming I have said something that I have not said?.....

Used to say I'll believe in God when he's on Larry King. So you know, something like that. :)

I get that, and I like the humor behind it, but, ass-u-me-ing that someone or something claiming to be God Himself was sitting across the table from Mr. King, what would it take to prove that The Divine was actually present?

Water in to wine or some other such miracle would be a minimum requirement for me.

There is a God...and He has a sense of humor.

Proof?
Larry King has had 8 spouses.

If there is a God then why does he rely upon the gullible to be his followers?

If that is the criterion for the existence of God, that his followers believe and have faith that miracles were performed by channeling his power then it should be easy enough to do it again, right?

Christianity is the largest religion in the entire world. Plenty of them are currently praying for those suffering with Ebola. What are they asking of their God? That he free them of this pestilence? And what do we see happening? We see mankind mobilizing to free itself of this pestilence.

Therefore we are our own God. We created our God, we performed the miracles that we give him credit for but collectively We the People are God.

Does that answer your question? ;)

What would it take to prove a God?

What would it take to prove The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran?

I find the possibility of a God intriguing and I'm not certain that I don't believe that one exists. Either way, I'm convinced that if God is, She's way bigger than all of the ancient stories.

Proving The God of Abraham, as described in The Torah, The New Testament and The Koran would require a sign for me.

Like video of a pillar of fire blocking a gay wedding. :thup:

`

On the other hand, what would it take for God to believe in you?

Forum List

Back