The Perfect Metaphor

Czernobog

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2014
Corner of Chaos and Reason
I have just read the perfect metaphor for religion, and just had to share it. For which I am quite certain I will be told exactly why I am going to hell...

Religion is like having a classroom where the students are required to show up every day, but for which there does not appear to be a teacher. Now, the classroom is filled with a variety of textbooks, and the students all debate over which textbook is the correct one for the class. On the last day, just as the students are ready to come to blows o er which textbook is the "proper" one, the teacher appears, and tells everyone that he has been watching the entire class. He praises the students who correctly identified the proper textbook, and sends them all off for cookies, and milk...

...he then sets everyone else on fire.

There is no "proper textbook". All religions have their strengths and weaknesses.

The Curious Cat

Religion is a quest, just like science. As long as we keep dialogue about the beneficial aspects of natural curiosity, then we can make metaphors about the accessibility of religious thinking.

Besides, why do they make Hollywood (USA) movies like "American Psycho" (2000)?

:arrow:

Holography - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

mad-scientist.jpg

Not all Christians believe that everyone is going to hell but Christians. But go ahead, have your laffs and giggles.

Forum List

Back