What would a Republican America look like?

I'm a supporter of PAYGO, and the principle therein, and always have been. What's your problem exactly?

My problem is I keep hearing outspoken Obama supporters say they're against big spending, deficts and debt.

I must have some sort of hearing issue, as it surely can't be possible for me to hear the same people voice unwavering, unquestioned support of Obama and out of the same mouths speak out against deficits, debt, and big spending.

You and occupied are 2 more to go on the list speaking out against big spending, debt and deficits. I'll give you credit, I can't call you an Obamabot cuz you do sometimes speak out against him and his policies like you did with Libya but all the others I've heard speak against debt/spending/deficits are Obamabots to the core and wouldn't dare question him (Rightwinger/Chris/Occupied/RDean).

I'm all for getting our fiscal house in order but I am not foolish enough to think we can do it in the short term or entirely by dumping the poor and passing the savings on to the billionaires. Republicans have been pushing for tax cuts that far outstrip anything they would cut in spending. A real program of deficit reduction would take decades, not seeing anything from the republicans that really reduces the deficit, just a bunch of gimmicks that makes sure that the people with the least money bear the entirety of the burden.

Like any partisan, you're good at seeing half the problems in our political parties. I agree with what you typed, but it doesn't give the whole story.

Hopefully it's not too late and the day comes that you can see "Democrats have been pushing for tax cuts that far outstrip anything they would cut in spending. A real program of deficit reduction would take decades, not seeing anything from the democrats that really reduces the deficit, just a bunch of gimmicks that makes sure that the people with the least money bear the entirety of the burden."

Progressives are demented

No shit... another CONSERVATIVE BASHING thread so all the LIBTARDS can all circle jerk each other off... shocker.

Which specific ones do you claim are not GOP positions?

The only claim of a position I made was the fact that you board LIBERALS LOVE to start CONSERVATIVE BASHING THREADS and then you all FLOCK TO THEM and STROKE EACH OTHER OFF.

It's pathetic.

Sound bites and talking points. Not even close, but if you would ever LISTEN to or READ what it is that Republicans want, then you would know. Course, I hate to tell you this, but like any other organization there are factions within the Republican party. Some believe that the debt is the most crucial issue, while others believe that the economy needs to be the primary issue. So let's look at your list:

1. War with Iran: Republican candidates are already beating the drums that we must use force to end the threat of a nuclear Iran. Diplomacy is for pussies. I support the use of diplomatic and economic sanctions, up to a point. There comes a time however, when rogue countries can only be tolerated for so long. We all know that OIL is Iran's life blood. And we all should know that Iran does NOT have the refinery capability to produce enough even for itself. They send it out of the country in tankers, through the Strait of Hormuz and then they bring it back, the same way. Iran can be brought to its knees by shutting down their exports of oil. Would that force them to take military action? Perhaps, but they are already belligerent as it is. Think Hamas and Hezbollah. An Iranian blew off his legs with a bomb and they were going to kill the Saudi ambassador to the US. Aren't they already belligerent enough?

2. Further isolation of North Korea: Republicans did not respond well to Obamas food for demilitarization program. Expect it to end. You know, Bush #1, Clinton and Bush #2 gave Pyongyang food and other things such as heating oil. And this stopped their nuclear program how? They said they would stop, but of course they didn't. They just took the aid and split. Just how many times are you going to let yourself be duped by these idiots until you figure out they are using you? But, I have to say, I support the sending of food to North Korea without strings. The people in the street have absolutely ZERO input into what their dear leaders do. I can't sit by and watch millions starve. Some say let North Korea starve because they are parriahs on the world stage.

3 Repeal of Obamacare: No replacement, just repeal. 30 million Americans without access to affordable care, people with preexisting conditions thrown out. I, and most Republicans, support the law regarding pre-existing conditions. I also believe that insurance companies should not be able to raise your premiums because you get sick. However, Obamacare is very probably the absolute WORST piece of legislation in the history of this country. The Democrats passed it saying that it would SAVE MONEY. Of course, it won't and now the cost is surpassing a TRILLION dollars in the first ten years. The Obamacare solution to the pre-existing condition clause was thought to cost $10,000 per instance. Naturally, the actual cost is at $30,000 now and rising. And let's not forget the MANDATE of the federal government on religious institutions. Small business is on hold until this thing shakes out and there will be no great recovery until it is repealed. You can fix the uninsured and under insured by creating the pools at the state level and doing away with laws that keep insurers from crosing state lines. But, we all know that liberals LOVE a mandate and a government agency. Look for this love affair to continue.

4 Gutting of Medicare: Elderly Americans will be given a yearly allowance for health coverage. If it doesn't keep up with rising costs....too bad.Medicare is handled much more effectively at the STATE level. Block grant the money to the state. Why is the liberal answer to everything a new federal government agency?

5 Extension of Bush tax cuts, additional tax cuts for the one percent while the lowest fifty percent would see an increaseBush cut taxes for every American at every income level. Your talking points continue to demand that you highlight ONLY the cuts that occured at the top. If you're so angry at the top 1%, then why is Obama their biggest recepient of cash?

6 Reductions in Federal Student loans: Making it harder for working Americans to send their kids to school. Over the past five years, tuition rates have SOARED at colleges and universities. But since these are bastions of LIBERAL thought, why it's not the cost that is the issue, the issue is of course that the American taxpayer, who is bleeding, is not bleeding enough.

7 Increased harassment of Mexican Americans: Show me your papers.Really? And you think that the influx of 12 MILLION illegal aliens is not affecting the social and government fabric of this nation? The border needs to be secured. We need to deal with those already here and we need to PUNISH employers who use illegal workers.

8 Increased subsidies for oil production while killing green energy provisions. By Obama's own words, the oil and gas industries have TAX DEDUCTIONS that amount to 4 billion dollars a year. I'm not too sure why the oil and gas industry is such a BAD BOY in the eyes of liberals. Well, bad until they have to put gas into their Audi or Mercedes. Eight of Obama's touted "green companies" have filed for bankruptcy in the past year, despite over 2 billion in federal loans. Naturally, the Obama administration gave away the right to collect first from a bankrupt company. The 'investors' now have that right. Can you say 'bundlers'?

9 Creationism taught in schools. Evolution downgraded to an unproven theory. My first degree was in Antrhopology. I've studied evolution and as I grew older and became a Christian, I believe that creationism and evolution is NOT mutually exclusive. More talking points here.

10. Global warming officially declared a hoax. Global Warming or climate change? Which is it? If you're going to use this to try and impose some sort of new "carbon tax" on companies, I think you should read about the costs of the Kyoto treaty and understand why everyone now thinks it's pretty much an economy killer.

11. Gay marriage repealed and DADT reinstated. Gay marriage is a state issue. Unlike my liberal friends, I do NOT believe that the federal government is an all knowing, all seeing, benevolent father figure who can do no wrong. I see the federal government as a threat to my freedom. I let the generals do what they think is best. Social engineers are not too high on my list of people to admire.

Simple facts are that you are parrotting the same talking points and one-liners that Barry and his minions want you to parrot. Just because you read something where someone in the Republican party believes that we should do this or that, it doesn't mean that it is instantly a plank in the party platform. No more than the Democrats will include a plank about class warfare...

Okay, well maybe you will...
Florida has increased all the "little" taxes, fees and assessments to pretend taxes are NOT going up.

heaven.jpg

No shit... another CONSERVATIVE BASHING thread so all the LIBTARDS can all circle jerk each other off... shocker.

The only claim of a position I made was the fact that you board LIBERALS LOVE to start CONSERVATIVE BASHING THREADS and then you all FLOCK TO THEM and STROKE EACH OTHER OFF.

It's pathetic.

nonsense and hyperbole. we like to diddle, too.

you all make it so easy.

It's pathetic.

you all make it so easy.

The fact that you responded proves your acknowledgement that I'm right.

Libtards = simple minds are easily entertained.

Lower taxes for the wealthy, increased deficit spending, and a dick-waving foreign policy.

Only to the simple minded....

Sometimes, a cigar IS just a cigar.

And sometimes, backwards day is just for you :lol:

If you truly and honestly believe what sallow posted, then you are giving truthmatters a run for dumbest wingnut here....

Hyperbole is funny, even more so when someone believes it as truth...:lol:

Have you listened to what your side says at the nationals?

If the Republicans were to win the Presidency and both Houses this November, what could we expect?

1. War with Iran: Republican candidates are already beating the drums that we must use force to end the threat of a nuclear Iran. Diplomacy is for pussies

2. Further isolation of North Korea: Republicans did not respond well to Obamas food for demilitarization program. Expect it to end

3 Repeal of Obamacare: No replacement, just repeal. 30 million Americans without access to affordable care, people with preexisting conditions thrown out

4 Gutting of Medicare: Elderly Americans will be given a yearly allowance for health coverage. If it doesn't keep up with rising costs....too bad

5 Extension of Bush tax cuts, additional tax cuts for the one percent while the lowest fifty percent would see an increase

6 Reductions in Federal Student loans: Making it harder for working Americans to send their kids to school

7 Increased harassment of Mexican Americans: Show me your papers

8 Increased subsidies for oil production while killing green energy provisions

9 Creationism taught in schools. Evolution downgraded to an unproven theory

10. Global warming officially declared a hoax

11. Gay marriage repealed and DADT reinstated

1) I don't think anyone on whatever side WANTS war with Iran... but I don't think appeasing or using words will keep them from obtaining nukes and I could see bombing or supporting Israel bombing, if they keep on the path they are.. regardless of what party is in control...

2) Fuck NK and any country like them... isolate them more and more, no skin off my nose

3) Damn straight repeal Obamacare.... and work on true reform and further opening and deregulation of the healthcare/insurance system... more competition, more group access, brings down prices and increases choices

4) Gut Medicare?? No... streamline, cut costs, and keep those on it taken care of... look at ways of finding a differing solution for those in the workforce now so that Medicare is not their only option when they retire

5) $0.01 over NOTHING is OF COURSE an increase.... no citizen should have been paying a zero amount or even getting more out while paying nothing, in the first place... flat tax, no exemptions, no loopholes...

6) The fed has no business being a lender for student loans... you want a loan, seek it out, it is YOUR responsibility... The fed is not your bank nor your guarantee for funds for you as an adult going to college

7) Absolute RUBBISH... put proving you are a citizen (regardless of race) should be required for all voting, jobs, etc

8) Fuck subsidies... that is not a charge of the federal government... and while we're at it, cut out all government handouts

9) Where the fuck do you see this? Stating that evolution is but one theory and teaching the theory while not stomping on other theories that may or may not be based on intelligent design or whatever is not having creationism taught in schools and evolution thrown out... yet another typical scare tactic by you

10) Man-made global warming is a hoax

11) Get government out of marriage except in areas where government belongs, such as taxation, power of attorney, inheritance, etc... and I have already made my personal beliefs on open homosexuals in the military... but I do not see DADT re-instated

It's pathetic.

you all make it so easy.

The fact that you responded proves your acknowledgement that I'm right.

Libtards = simple minds are easily entertained.

LOL, because I "responded" you claim some dubious "victory?"

Who is easily entertained?

String would suffice for your attention span.

Sometimes, a cigar IS just a cigar.

And sometimes, backwards day is just for you :lol:

If you truly and honestly believe what sallow posted, then you are giving truthmatters a run for dumbest wingnut here....

Hyperbole is funny, even more so when someone believes it as truth...:lol:

Have you listened to what your side says at the nationals?

None of it mentions making Christianity the national religion...

OMG - you actually believe this?....

:rofl:

If the Republicans were to win the Presidency and both Houses this November, what could we expect?

1. War with Iran: Republican candidates are already beating the drums that we must use force to end the threat of a nuclear Iran. Diplomacy is for pussies
Obama is beating that drum on his own. About the only person not beating the drum is Ron Paul...a Repub

2. Further isolation of North Korea: Republicans did not respond well to Obamas food for demilitarization program. Expect it to end
Yet to be determined if the North Koreans and their new Dear Leader will actually suspend their nuke program.

3 Repeal of Obamacare: No replacement, just repeal. 30 million Americans without access to affordable care, people with preexisting conditions thrown out
Repeal is just the start. Removing the mountain of regulations and red tape in order to make health insurance more competitive and cheaper would be the next step.

4 Gutting of Medicare: Elderly Americans will be given a yearly allowance for health coverage. If it doesn't keep up with rising costs....too bad
Again if we cut the costs and red tape of the health care sector, medicare costs should drop.

5 Extension of Bush tax cuts, additional tax cuts for the one percent while the lowest fifty percent would see an increase
They are not Bush "tax cuts", they have been the tax rate for nearly a decade. Not to mention Obama and a Dem Congress chose to keep those same rates. Obama himself said raising taxes would be bad for the economy. The "lowest fifty percent" don't even pay any taxes, so it would be nice to see everyone "pay their fair share" as Obama says, and at least pay something.

6 Reductions in Federal Student loans: Making it harder for working Americans to send their kids to school
The Federal government shouldn't be giving out student loans. The Federal government is funded by "working Americans". So working Americans are already paying to send other people's kids to school through taxes. Remove those taxes, and working Americans will have more of their own money to send their own kids to school.

7 Increased harassment of Mexican Americans: Show me your papers
Mexican Americans wouldn't have anything to worry about, if they are already citizens. But those Mexicans that are in America illegally, yes, they'll have something to worry about when they break the law by being here. By the way, aren't you Dems always claiming the deportations are up during Obama's reign? Guess its ok if Obama "harasses" them, but not if a Repub does it.

8 Increased subsidies for oil production while killing green energy provisions
Green energy is killing itself, because most of it is unsustainable without subsidies.
Conservatives are not for "subsidies" for any energy company, oil or green. Again, remove the red tape and increase competition to bring prices down. "Big Oil" will make money either way, a highly regulated and rigged system with few competitors, or an open free market with less regulation and more competition. Its easier for them to make money the rigged way, but conservatives favor the free market way.

9 Creationism taught in schools. Evolution downgraded to an unproven theory
Haven't heard a lot of talk about creationism being taught in schools. Don't think thats a big topic in this election. But I am sure libs will try to avoid the real issues and try to make it one.

10. Global warming officially declared a hoax
It is a hoax. Doesn't mean we shouldn't care about taking care of the environment. But ideas like "carbon credits" are simply for weakening America and redistributing wealth to third world shit holes.

11. Gay marriage repealed and DADT reinstated
How does one repeal gay marriage? Gay marriage isn't a crime anywhere in the country, nor is any Republican talking of making it illegal. All they ever say is that states/fed shouldn't recognize gay marriages. I also haven't heard DADT being a hot topic either way.

Lower taxes for the wealthy, increased deficit spending, and a dick-waving foreign policy.

Right, Obama certainly hasn't been "dick-waving" at Syria and Iran.

He's been using diplomacy, just like he said he would on the campaign trail.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Forum List

Back