What would a Republican America look like?

Don't forget, women would be enslaved, children overworked and grandmas thrown off the cliff!

Good work gramps, this is is the kind of response I should've given. As this is the level of seriousness that this thread should be taken.

Don't forget, women would be enslaved, children overworked and grandmas thrown off the cliff!

Of my list....are there any specific which you think are not GOP positions?

Most of them. What you Posted is Your Spin.

Most have been pushed by current GOP candidates.
All the GOP candidates except Paul have advocated force against Iran
All criticized food aid to North Korea
All have promised to repeal Obamacare none have offered a replacement
All, except for Paul have advocated extending the Bush tax cuts and have offered additional cuts
Rep Ryan has advocated converting Medicare to a voucher plan which was supported by House Republicans
Romney is the only one to say Global Warming exists but he has backed away
All GOP candidates oppose gay marriage and Republicans almost universally voted against repealing DADT

If we let them, the R's will have sharia law - laws based on religion. We've been seeing them pushing that the past few weeks.

Who knew rw's hate sex AND women so much!

It would look like Saudi Arabia..with Christanity replacing Islam as the state religion.

Yeah, we know that because America was so horrible under Reagan and Bush.

Yep - runaway spending, debt ceiling raised repeatedly, taxes raised, bigger government, no personal freedom, factories closed, sky high unemployment - just the usual under the R's.

every single one of those describes the Obama presidency.

If we let them, the R's will have sharia law - laws based on religion. We've been seeing them pushing that the past few weeks.

If Anyone is supporting Sharia Law, it is the Left. You share the Totalitarian Trait. Good try though.

A Republican government would cut taxes and increase military spending, resulting in another huge increase in the deficit.

What about cuts to offset that, you ask?

They would make a big show of cutting non-defense domestic spending and entitlements, but they would never really do it to any extent. The reason?

GOP politicians value their jobs as much as any politicians. The political toxicity of making the kind of draconian cuts that they pretend they favor would put most of them out of a job in 2 years.

Look at what Reagan did in 81, and that's the template. Tax cuts, defense increases, and the political special interests protect domestic spending/entitlements, etc. Result, bigger deficits and more debt.

A Republican government would cut taxes and increase military spending, resulting in another huge increase in the deficit.

They would make a big show of cutting non-defense domestic spending and entitlements, but they would never really do it to any extent. The reason?

GOP politicians value their jobs as much as any politicians. The political toxicity of making the kind of draconian cuts that they pretend they favor would put most of them out of a job in 2 years.

Look at what Reagan did in 81, and that's the template. Tax cuts, defense increases, and the political special interests protect domestic spending/entitlements, etc. Result, bigger deficits and more debt.

I feel like I'm in a coma, I've read posts from a half dozen Obama supporters in the last 2 days speaking out against deficts, spending and debt.

Am I in the middle of a dream? Are they really saying these things and keeping a straight face?

That would be Canon Law..sheesh..get it right for pete's sake.

Canon law - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do youreally believe that, or are you just out marking Territory??? :lol:

images

Pyro_vs__Fire_Hydrant__Round_2_by_tehcate.jpg

I feel like I'm in a coma, I've read posts from a half dozen Obama supporters in the last 2 days speaking out against deficts, spending and debt.

Am I in the middle of a dream? Are they really saying these things and keeping a straight face?

I for one have a long enough memory to know that republicans only bitch about the budget deficit when they are not holding the checkbook and to remember what they borrow money to do.

You guys are a strange bunch. You constantly say republicans want to cut everything but defense.

Oddly enough that would be the very mandate our federal govt DOES have. The protection of the American people. Both domestic and foreign.

If the Republicans were to win the Presidency and both Houses this November, what could we expect?

1. War with Iran: Republican candidates are already beating the drums that we must use force to end the threat of a nuclear Iran. Diplomacy is for pussies

2. Further isolation of North Korea: Republicans did not respond well to Obamas food for demilitarization program. Expect it to end

3 Repeal of Obamacare: No replacement, just repeal. 30 million Americans without access to affordable care, people with preexisting conditions thrown out

4 Gutting of Medicare: Elderly Americans will be given a yearly allowance for health coverage. If it doesn't keep up with rising costs....too bad

5 Extension of Bush tax cuts, additional tax cuts for the one percent while the lowest fifty percent would see an increase

6 Reductions in Federal Student loans: Making it harder for working Americans to send their kids to school

7 Increased harassment of Mexican Americans: Show me your papers

8 Increased subsidies for oil production while killing green energy provisions

9 Creationism taught in schools. Evolution downgraded to an unproven theory

10. Global warming officially declared a hoax

11. Gay marriage repealed and DADT reinstated
Ignorance often is the catalyst for such fear.

You guys are a strange bunch. You constantly say republicans want to cut everything but defense.

Oddly enough that would be the very mandate our federal govt DOES have. The protection of the American people. Both domestic and foreign.

So then I take it you agree that Republicans would slash entitlement spending while increasing defense spending?

Forum List

Back