What will you do if he doesnt win?

If Romney wins the left will whine and declare the right cheated
If Obama wins the right will whine and declare the left cheated.

No one will riot, or go on a shooting spree.

You know damn well that if Obama loses there will be riots. Chicago, New York and L.A. will burn.

Total bullshit :)

Neither party is going to go nuts if they lose. Anyone who seriously thinks cities will burn or people will arm themselves need to get out of the house more.

Some people don't think so... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMxunIW6TJ0&feature=player_detailpage]Race War, if Obama Loses - America Held Hostage - YouTube[/ame]

Neither party is going to go nuts if they lose. Anyone who seriously thinks cities will burn or people will arm themselves need to get out of the house more.

Yep, no more than if those Rodney King cops were acquitted....

apples-oranges.jpg

You know damn well that if Obama loses there will be riots. Chicago, New York and L.A. will burn.

Some people don't think so... [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMxunIW6TJ0&feature=player_detailpage]Race War, if Obama Loses - America Held Hostage - YouTube[/ame]

I'm shocked. Someone on the Internet talking shit? :eek:

He being, whoever you are rooting for. Will anything change in your life? Will it have any real effect on you? Will you avoid the boards for awhile? It seems both sides are supremely confident, so i except a decent amount of crowing from whoever wins.

I am not rooting for any candidate. I would prefer Romney win, but I am very afraid the Republican Party is going to get the President they richly deserve: Barack Obama.

If Romney wins, I will feel somewhat optimistic about the future. If Obama wins, I will hope that will wake up the GOP to start cleaning out all the batshit crazies who have taken over the party.

Because you have to be one dysfunctional crop of fuckups to lose to Obama. Srsly.

Last edited:
I would prefer the glob of roach excrement, ie, PRyan, receive a great offer to sell more Americans out, raking in millions sending jobs to Tunisia. Then Romney could pick a human running mate, and the choice would be easier. Right now I'm thinking GREEN PARTY.

He being, whoever you are rooting for. Will anything change in your life? Will it have any real effect on you? Will you avoid the boards for awhile? It seems both sides are supremely confident, so i except a decent amount of crowing from whoever wins.

I am not rooting for any candidate. I would prefer Romney win, but I am very afraid the Republican Party is going to get the President they richly deserve: Barack Obama.

If Romney wins, I will feel somewhat optimistic about the future. If Obama wins, I will hope that will wake up the GOP to start cleaning out all the batshit crazies who have taken over the party.

Because you have to be one dysfunctional crop of fuckups to lose to Obama. Srsly.

Im still, honestly confused by the Romney nomination.

I'm merely pointing out that there are knuckleheads who will do stupid things this November.

I'm merely pointing out that there are knuckleheads who will do stupid things this November.

I agree there are knuckleheads who talk about doing stupid shit, and I'm sure I could google and find someone saying they'd do xyz if Obama wins. *shrug* I simply don't see talk turning to action.

1) Buy long term put options on the S&P 500
2) Assume out of my wife and myself the likelihood is one of us will lose our jobs. The Republicans hate public science and they hate equal access to justice for the poor even more, so they'll probably ax the NSF and funding for legal services.

1) I see you are not against being a greedy money grabbing capitalist. If you make a gain how much you gonna give to the federal government? The minimum or the maximum?
2) Funny how the left always tells us what the right thinks and it is always a pack of lies.

I agree there are knuckleheads who talk about doing stupid shit, and I'm sure I could google and find someone saying they'd do xyz if Obama wins. *shrug* I simply don't see talk turning to action.

There is that judge in Texas talking civil war if Obama wins...

But Texas is fairly unique. I love the folks there, love the State, and if I could find a job there I would, but Texas is just unique.

I can guarantee that my life won't change, no matter who wins.

They're pretty much the same, anyway.

Im still, honestly confused by the Romney nomination.

After Obama winning the nomination in 2008, nothing should surprise you anymore.

After Obama winning the nomination in 2008, nothing should surprise you anymore.

Yeah, that one did come out of nowhere. I've always thought that Obama winning his nomination was more a referendum on the Democrats trying to oust the Clintons and their influence once and for all. And then Obama went and welcomed them back into the fold.

Romney's nomination win isn't that surprising to me though. The GOP takes a different tract with the nomination process and typically selects the person who is "due". It's not that common in recent times for a person to win the nomination on the GOP side without having first ran a losing primary big or two. Folks forget even Ronald Reagan ran an unsuccessful bid against Ford.

That's just how it works though in the GOP. The first bid is really about making contact and getting to know the powerbrokers. The second (and sometimes third) bids are the serious one. Toss in the large amounts of cash Romney had on hand and Citizen's United and Romney was pretty much guaranteed a win.

The DNC on the other seems to be a bit predisposed to WTF nominations. Guys that come out of a successful term somewhere else, but who just are not known on the national stage.

Yeah, that one did come out of nowhere. I've always thought that Obama winning his nomination was more a referendum on the Democrats trying to oust the Clintons and their influence once and for all. And then Obama went and welcomed them back into the fold.

Romney's nomination win isn't that surprising to me though. The GOP takes a different tract with the nomination process and typically selects the person who is "due". It's not that common in recent times for a person to win the nomination on the GOP side without having first ran a losing primary big or two. Folks forget even Ronald Reagan ran an unsuccessful bid against Ford.

That's just how it works though in the GOP. The first bid is really about making contact and getting to know the powerbrokers. The second (and sometimes third) bids are the serious one. Toss in the large amounts of cash Romney had on hand and Citizen's United and Romney was pretty much guaranteed a win.

The DNC on the other seems to be a bit predisposed to WTF nominations. Guys that come out of a successful term somewhere else, but who just are not known on the national stage.

True enough in the past, but not the last two elections. With McCain and Romney both, the rank and file Republicans haven't really liked them and only reluctnatly got behind them once they were the results of the shake out of the primary process. I don't believe the establishment was behind McCain or Romney from the get go.

+1

I agree, it was Romneys turn. Im just still confused why the voters picked him, but I guess that goes back to having the money and the power of the party heads behind you.

As to Obama, I agree. I think it was equal parts about letting go of the Clinton's as it was about electing a fresh face.

True enough in the past, but not the last two elections. With McCain and Romney both, the rank and file Republicans haven't really liked them and only reluctnatly got behind them once they were the results of the shake out of the primary process. I don't believe the establishment was behind McCain or Romney from the get go.

I have to say, I totally disagree:) Yes neither was a big hit with the establishment overall, but they were picked because it was their turn. Both in 08 and again with Romney, while the media liked to pretend others had a shot, everyone knew going in who the nominee would be.

Forum List

Back