What trends do you find absurd?

Boring clothing .... that's a trend that's really fucking annoying. All black and gray clothes, no colors, no variations, just .... blech.

Boring clothing .... that's a trend that's really fucking annoying. All black and gray clothes, no colors, no variations, just .... blech.

Hey now, I look good in black and gray. It makes my eyes look steel gray. But then wearing blue makes my eyes look blue and wearing green makes my eyes look green. Fortunately my eyes don't look pink when I wear red.

Backwards upside down visors....

Spinners......

Speak out and tell everyone what "trends" you HATE!!!

The trend to use mortgage brokers instead of going straight to the local bank's mortgage loan department to get a mortgage loan.

People who do that pay a broker's fee ranging from a thousand to as much as 7 or 8-K for something that is normally and should be free: there are always normal closing costs for legal work, title opinions, title insurance, recording fees, inspection fees, mortgage surveys, and other valuable services which we think of as closing costs, but in addition to those things, people who are convinced of their own cleverness are grossly overpaying for what always has been a free service provided in the normal course of doing business by local mortgage banks and Savings-and-Loan institutions.

I realize this has come out of the need for people who would have trouble getting a home loan, due to their bad credit and other financial problems, but it also comes about because lots of people are so convinced they can and should get everything through their internet connection; they think they are being clever as they pour money down the drain. Lots of times they end up paying interest on that fee for the life of the loan.

Mortgage loan "closings" are never so screwed up as they are when a so called "Mortgage Broker" has procured the loan. Today a huge proportion of closings are held up, taking hours to finish, while waiting for final documents from the underwriters and mortgage company, with oftentimes people leaving the closing without their checks, but all other ducuments signed and the property having been transferred from seller to buyer.

Last edited:
Pub,
Are you talking drag racing? I would give you the fact that an automatic will give you more consistant times.

Yeah man... and you're right.

When I first bought my car, (96 Z-28) I intended to swap to manual... but the game is to win... it's not a complex calculation; point end first, wheels down, first one to the end: WINS! (truth be told, it's really just: "first one to the end wins!" The first two elements just sorta promote the overall likelihood... but if you can get there first, backwards and upside down... you still win!)

So I took the advice from some of the guys who were winning at the time and built the auto to get there first... 1-2 shifts in thousandths of a second... 2-3 in just over a hundredth...

She's a gas; laying down low 11s in the qrtr; covering the first 60' in 1.5x seconds...

I prefer black and gray over all the shades of light khaki, beige, tan, and other fancy names for "light brown". Makes people look like walking bowls of oatmeal.

I prefer black and gray over all the shades of light khaki, beige, tan, and other fancy names for "light brown". Makes people look like walking bowls of oatmeal.

I wear black on the outside, because black is how I feel on the inside..............

I was using "black and gray" for all those boring ass colors. Give me pinks, reds, blues, yellows, hell even some florescent colors once in a while. All I see are drab boring colors now ... I miss the 80's.

I wear black on the outside, because black is how I feel on the inside..............

They don't make a bright enough red for how I feel on the inside lately.

Pub,
Are you talking drag racing? I would give you the fact that an automatic will give you more consistant times.

Yeah man... and you're right.

When I first bought my car, (96 Z-28) I intended to swap to manual... but the game is to win... it's not a complex calculation; point end first, wheels down, first one to the end: WINS! (truth be told, it's really just: "first one to the end wins!" The first two elements just sorta promote the overall likelihood... but if you can get there first, backwards and upside down... you still win!)

So I took the advice from some of the guys who were winning at the time and built the auto to get there first... 1-2 shifts in thousandths of a second... 2-3 in just over a hundredth...

She's a gas; laying down low 11s in the qrtr; covering the first 60' in 1.5x seconds...

Nice VERY nice. I had an '89 and a '90 Cougar XR7 3.8 supercharged V-6 both with 5 speeds. I always wanted to go race it but never got the chance.

I was worried that with the 5 speed and the varience in in boost when the air got cooler that I would not have been very consistant.

Those ridiculously short zip-up hoodies that fat chicks wear over skin tight tee shirts, apparently to highlight the flab they have hanging over their hideous low-riding pants which show the crack of their asses.

Using too much tooth whitener. They're supposed to look white and healthy, not flourescent.

I don't like that either ... when it looks all unnatural ... I even saw some silly yuppie chicks in a club with their teeth literally shining in the black light - I had to laugh, they looked like two Cheshire cats - the effect made even worse by the dark leathery too-much-solarium skin ... and fry-bleached hair... ew, there's nothing more unhealthy/freaky looking than these chemically treated weirdos. I'll take a goth chick with tons of piercings and tattoos over them any-time.

Those ridiculously short zip-up hoodies that fat chicks wear over skin tight tee shirts, apparently to highlight the flab they have hanging over their hideous low-riding pants which show the crack of their asses.

The Muffin Top! :lol:

It's even worse when they have the thong sticking a good 2 inches out the top of that crack. :eek:

The Muffin Top! :lol:

It's even worse when they have the thong sticking a good 2 inches out the top of that crack. :eek:

I agree wholeheartedly. Everyone should dress according to their body-type, not just the latest fashion... I also don't get it seeing all the fat chicks in the tight leggings and strappless tops with the 'muffin top' effect even on their backs ... I'm going to hell for this :eusa_angel: But you know... it's true. I have a friend who is quite a bit over-weight, but that girl can dress and she looks always beautiful and guys check her out all the time - because she covers her weaknesses really well and emphasizes her strengths also very well.

That is also a problem with extremely skinny chicks... some of them seem to aspire to the 'Auschwitz' look ... (I know, that one was bad)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back