Do you have trouble sleeping? What helps you?

PLYMCO_PILGRIM

Gold Member
Jul 3, 2009
America's Home Town
I can never sleep good and I was just curious if anyone has any tips, tricks, suggestions, or ideas about being able to sleep better?

I have trouble falling asleep because my mind keeps going and going about random stuff.

Once I do fall asleep all is good but if i get woken up its over. If i've been asleep for more than 2 hours i will be wide awake the moment my eyes open, brain going again thinking of random stuff.

Anyone else have this type of problem? What do you do?

sounds like you're under some stress. I have insomnia at times and I have yet to find anything that works except to turn on the TV and put something really boring on, or read something that is really boring.

I can never sleep good and I was just curious if anyone has any tips, tricks, suggestions, or ideas about being able to sleep better?

I have trouble falling asleep because my mind keeps going and going about random stuff.

Once I do fall asleep all is good but if i get woken up its over. If i've been asleep for more than 2 hours i will be wide awake the moment my eyes open, brain going again thinking of random stuff.

I have more trouble shutting off this computer, closing the lid, and shutting off the light...\

But...1st question: How much coffee/caffeine do you drink?

Concentrate on being in space. Flying through space. Occasionally you pass by a star at high speed, so all you see is a vague impression of a streak of light. Everything else is pitch black. Keep concentrating on that. Black out everything else. Next thing I know, it's morning.

Failing that, a blow job seems to work.

sounds like you're under some stress. I have insomnia at times and I have yet to find anything that works except to turn on the TV and put something really boring on, or read something that is really boring.

Usually i use the TV, i put on poker that i have recorded off espn. usually puts me asleep. I'm not too stressed out, i've been like this a long time. But when i am stressed i cant even sleep at all, i wont stay asleep.

I have more trouble shutting off this computer, closing the lid, and shutting off the light...\

But...1st question: How much coffee/caffeine do you drink?

Very little. I usually have either a sobe energy (the weak one not the crack in a can sobe) or a vitamin water, the yellow energy one, first thing in the morning. Then no more caffine for the rest of the day.

Concentrate on being in space. Flying through space. Occasionally you pass by a star at high speed, so all you see is a vague impression of a streak of light. Everything else is pitch black. Keep concentrating on that. Black out everything else. Next thing I know, it's morning.

Failing that, a blow job seems to work.

The BJ is a good way to wake me up, but not put me to sleep :lol:.

I don't sleep for SHIT. If it isn't the Tinnitus keeping me awake, it's the pain that wakes me up.

What works for me? Get so tired that I basically pass out.

I don't sleep for SHIT. If it isn't the Tinnitus keeping me awake, it's the pain that wakes me up.

me too...on both counts. i just have to sit awake till i finally sleep.

And if one of my injuries are acting up its even worse. I have percocet for the pain but that stuff makes me wired and full of energy. I know its not supposed to but when your always in pain the absence of pain gives you a short euphoria.

I just took some ibuprophen....am awaiting heavy eyelids now :D

some medication can cause insomnia

i dont take any perscriptions regularly. On a rare occasion i'll have an 800mg ibuprophen, on a rarer occaision a 5mg percocet.

Thanks paperview, i'm gonna check it out right after i post this.

Sleep? What's that?

I have anxiety and insomnia ... worrying about tomorrow's dinner keeps me up late.

Maybe its anxiety. I worry about crap that i have to do the next day all the time. Sometimes i lay down and imagine the future too.

Sometimes i even write poetry in bed, my mind won't stop.

I have laid there and pushed thoughts out and only pictured a black box. It did help, I fell asleep about 20 minutes after that. I wonder if you lay there and start telling yourself "Stay awake, Stay awake" and instead you fall asleep fast. LOL

And if one of my injuries are acting up its even worse. I have percocet for the pain but that stuff makes me wired and full of energy. I know its not supposed to but when your always in pain the absence of pain gives you a short euphoria.

Sounds like we're in the same boat. I have Percocet also, and Vicodin, Tramadol, hell the VA just throws drugs at me for pain. Got to go to the "Pain Clinic" on the 28th... phht... I'm in pain, what more do you idiots need to know? No, you CAN'T cut me open again. Percocet gives me a buzz too, and I damn sure can't sleep if I take it too late in the day.

some medication can cause insomnia

i dont take any perscriptions regularly. On a rare occasion i'll have an 800mg ibuprophen, on a rarer occaision a 5mg percocet.

Thanks paperview, i'm gonna check it out right after i post this.

Sleep? What's that?

I have anxiety and insomnia ... worrying about tomorrow's dinner keeps me up late.

Maybe its anxiety. I worry about crap that i have to do the next day all the time. Sometimes i lay down and imagine the future too.

Sometimes i even write poetry in bed, my mind won't stop.

I live in subsidized housing, my lease renewal time is near and I have to get paperwork to a landlord that is hard to get ahold of by tge first of next month ... I haven't slept for three days because I can't get ahold of her. My lease isn't up until December, and there shouldn't be any problems with the paperwork ... but even that is stressing me out too much. Clinical anxiety isn't fun, and the actual causes are not known, but it often causes insomnia. Mine is likely a cause of being addicted to stress and adrenaline, but it's the reason I can't work in the career I loved more than anything, fast food oddly.

So yeah, that may be what problem you are facing. The only thing I can say to help is to look for ways to calm down. Mine is the Flame Zone here and 3D modeling that sooth me, but they don't help you get sleep.

Sounds like we're in the same boat. I have Percocet also, and Vicodin, Tramadol, hell the VA just throws drugs at me for pain. Got to go to the "Pain Clinic" on the 28th... phht... I'm in pain, what more do you idiots need to know? No, you CAN'T cut me open again. Percocet gives me a buzz too, and I damn sure can't sleep if I take it too late in the day.

Opiates depress your respiration, but they don't necessarily help you sleep. Same with benzodiazapines. They are a sedative, but they actually hinder you from reaching REM sleep, so they aren't the best thing to use for that.

Opiates depress your respiration, but they don't necessarily help you sleep. Same with benzodiazapines. They are a sedative, but they actually hinder you from reaching REM sleep, so they aren't the best thing to use for that.

None of the artificial means of sleep are good for you. Teas help some people, but even then. Waiting until you can sleep is the healthiest way to do it.

Forum List

Back