What rights do human beings have?

we would have a president because he got the majority of the votes, we would have laws because they were passed by a majority of the people or their elected representatives.

what I was saying is that our rights via government are determined by majority vote. I do not have the right to steal your stuff because a majority voted that theft is illegal.

However, if we were living in the forest with no government to enforce rights, I could steal your stuff if I was strong enough or clever enough.

No, the current president only received a majority of those who voted, not a majority of people. 94 million "voters" abstained for whatever reason was determined by them. The majority did not vote for the president, therefore it was not a majority. It was an illusion of majority constructed by the state apparatus. The true majority voted "no one".

You could steal my stuff now with the current protection racket in place. That does not mean that you have any ethical or moral right to do so. And i would have the ethical and moral right to shoot you in the face if you attempted to violate my right to self ownership and property.

Only if rights are the construct of the state apparatus does this fly, in which case the current protection racket is failing miserably at their role. Because people have their 'legal' "rights" violated all the time. In many cases by the very protection racket you all hold so dearly.

the voting majority decides who leads us and what laws we follow, if some choose not to have their voices heard then they make themselves subject to the will of others.
not sure what you mean by protection racket, explain.

Everyone is a subject fo the state. Which is the problem. If you dont get it off the cuff, I certainly can explain it until I'm blue in the face without a differing outcome.

Forum List

Back