What Rand Paul really believes

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
What Rand Really Believes - Rasmussen Reports

No more laws stopping air and water pollution, no more regulation of food and agricultural safety, no controls on advertising cigarettes or alcohol to children. (The libertarian society would be paradise for E. coli bacteria, the oil industry and Joe Camel.) No more Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, public schools, national or state parks, or farm subsidies of any kind; no more federal support for scientific research into clean energy or curing cancer or AIDS or any other disease; and, in fact, no more federal money for education at any level, from Head Start to state colleges, universities and graduate schools.

The spotlight is turning on Rand Paul. The press is going to start probing these issues and asking....Do you really believe this?....Do you really believe that?

Paul is going to be painted as the extremist he is

Because if he doesn't believe this, he is not a Libertarian and then the Libs will run their own candidate. I want to hear an answer on this! :doubt:

I think all the Baggers left the Board. THEY ARE SPEECHLESS!

I think all the Baggers left the Board. THEY ARE SPEECHLESS!

Most conservatives are ala carte libertarians.

True, but he dad was a die in the wool Libertarian. He needs to explain where he stands on these things and quit hiding from the media since his earlier revelations. I think the GOP establishment is trying to keep him out of the media's grasp. And obviously for good reason.

Because if he doesn't believe this, he is not a Libertarian and then the Libs will run their own candidate. I want to hear an answer on this! :doubt:

Rand Paul is not a Libertarian, he's a Republican, and the Libertarian Party of Kentucky has already stated they will not be running a candidate for Senate.

Just a bit misleading. This is talking about Pure Libertarism. There is no identication he goes that far. One can be a libertarian without taking it as far as the author attributes to Paul.

What Rand Really Believes - Rasmussen Reports

No more laws stopping air and water pollution, no more regulation of food and agricultural safety, no controls on advertising cigarettes or alcohol to children. (The libertarian society would be paradise for E. coli bacteria, the oil industry and Joe Camel.) No more Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, food stamps, public schools, national or state parks, or farm subsidies of any kind; no more federal support for scientific research into clean energy or curing cancer or AIDS or any other disease; and, in fact, no more federal money for education at any level, from Head Start to state colleges, universities and graduate schools.

Rand Paul is not a Libertarian, he's a Republican, and the Libertarian Party of Kentucky has already stated they will not be running a candidate for Senate.

Really, or that just hopeful thinking on your part...?

Kentucky Libertarians May Field New Candidate: Rand Paul Betrayed Our Values

Really, or that just hopeful thinking on your part...?

Kentucky Libertarians May Field New Candidate: Rand Paul Betrayed Our Values

The LPKY has no candidate for US Senate

While technically possible for the LPKY to run a US Senate candidate in 2010, the prospects are very unlikely, despite what some in the media have said.

And now for a clarification | The Libertarian Party of Kentucky

That would be from the Chairman of the Libertarian Party of Kentucky. Another relevant quote from the release:

"Anything that looked like any sort of endorsement or un-endorsement should be seen as a private individual's opinion, and not the policy of the LPKY."

I would say Rand Paul is more of a social conservative than a libertarian.

He does have some pretty fucked up ideas.

No comments from the wingnuts and tea baggers????

I hope he loses to the liberal guy and I know nothing about his opponent.

Jack Conway 2010 .com | The truth about Jack Conway and his Senate campaign in Kentucky

This link is a farce and a scam. Basically, it is a big lie. No one claims responsibility for it and posting it is as deceitful as the lies it presents. I hope that a Moderator will look at this!

This link is a farce and a scam. Basically, it is a big lie. No one claims responsibility for it and posting it is as deceitful as the lies it presents. I hope that a Moderator will look at this!

If a rule has been broken then I'm sure a moderator will look into it, but that website is not a lie. Obviously it was done by a Rand Paul supporter, but those are Jack Conway's genuine positions. Since Conway does not see fit to put his positions on his own campaign website someone decided to get his views out there for him.

Jack Conway for United States Senate

So I guess just lying about issues is not enough. Now, web sites with lies are being built and passed as legitamite. Well, if that is the way you want to play the game...

Nobody is saying that the website I posted is his official campaign website. That website was made because Jack Conway refuses to put his positions on these issues on his official website. In other words, he's trying to hide his position on these issues because he knows they're politically unpopular, especially in Kentucky and especially in the year 2010.

Forum List

Back