What % of People on USMB are Losers?

What % of People on USMB are either unhappy or losers?

• 100%

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • 90-80%

• 50%

• less than 50%

• Other

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
In all honestly, "loser" is self defined ultimately.
What I view as a loser, has no bearing on the person I think is a loser if they are happy with themselves.
If someone wants to be homeless and is content in that (I mean by choice), they are not a loser. They make their choice, and live with it. Even if it's someone that lives in a shack. Or a mansion.

I am an underachiever. I have been called a loser, but, I am comfortable financially where I am. I don't want to have a high paying, prestigious job. I want a calm life, where I can do the few things I really enjoy, and keep my sanity.

Calling people losers on here is wrong and mean-spirited in retrospect.

If you are really in trouble, you should have REAL LIFE family and friends to go to.
If you are leaning on people here, you have issues in real life
Really. Tell that to the people who have no family or have nothing to do with them IF they have them, due to major disfunction or abuse. My real life friends live states away. Does emailing them or they emailing me to cry on shoulders mean the same thing as what you just stated? And you are saying those who lean on people here have issues in real life, yet....who is it that bombards us 24/7/365 with inane questions? That would be you, wouldn't it? So obviously, you have "real life issues".

Actually I was talking very specifically about myself in that particular "call out"
I don't want to lean on my family and friends (and I have both, more family than friends admittedly)
But I keep people at a distance in real life.
I said this before, in "real life" if you are talking to someone about your problems, you can tell if they are bored or disinterested. 90% of the time they are. I shut down once I see that.

Here people will read my post or not. I can't see the "disinterest"

What I view as a loser, has no bearing on the person I think is a loser if they are happy with themselves.
If someone wants to be homeless and is content in that (I mean by choice), they are not a loser. They make their choice, and live with it. Even if it's someone that lives in a shack. Or a mansion.

I am an underachiever. I have been called a loser, but, I am comfortable financially where I am. I don't want to have a high paying, prestigious job. I want a calm life, where I can do the few things I really enjoy, and keep my sanity.

I actually love that song!

Hmmmm I don't want long extensive debates. I actually hate long posts.
I think people should share of themselves more.
I don't feel short changed.
I think a lot of unwarranted nastiness and bitterness happen, and, people are unwilling to talk about it.
They'd rather hammer you down and hope to chase you away.
I don't understand that.
I just want to understand. I want a valid reason, if not, an admission they have no good reason
Or an admission they just don't WANT to like you - but there is ALWAYS a reason.
Make up your mind. If they do, they have "real life issues". Well DUH. Everyone has real life issues. So everything you are saying is countering what you just said!

Because I'm not "arguing" ... I'm thinking out loud here
Life is complicated. I have various views and don't always communicate well my thoughts in the written word. Especially when I'm not proofing what I'm typing. That leads to questions for me to clarify my thoughts...

There's something in between.
I'm talking about what should be.
I feel I have to "act" in real life.
It's freeing to be yourself. Maybe I like myself.
Maybe those that lie here don't like their real selves.....

Is society constraining you or fear of losing RL people?

I think we all have to "act" to some degree in "real life" to get along.
Only with your family and closest of friends can you really let your hair down.....
And even then, you still should have a filter as you don't want to hurt people
Not many people want to delve into discussion about human relationship and interactions.
It's just not of interest to them.

I actually love that song!
Your thread title reminded me of that tune, so of course I had to post it.

Forum List

Back