What Obama Really Said Last Night (Tuesday) 12-01-09

The T

George S. Patton Party
May 24, 2009
What USED TO BE A REPUBLIC RUN BY TYRANTS
What Obama Really Said Last Night <SOURCE

By John R. Guardiano on 12.2.09 @ 6:07AM
(From The American Spectator)

Last night, President Obama delivered an historic speech to the nation and to the world on his plans for Afghanistan. Here, in sum, is what the president said:

I really don't want to be commander-in-chief, but I'll do it if I have to -- at least for a little while, and then we'll see. Just so long as it doesn't cost too much, or take too long, or interfere with my plans to nationalize healthcare and fundamentally change America.

We Americans didn't ask for this war; and God knows I didn't either. But I'll certainly make sure we end this war, and soon. I have bigger fish to fry, after all. This war is a distraction from my domestic left-wing agenda and my need to bring "change" to America.

So Afghanis, get your act together. We'll help you for the next 18 months or so and then we're hightailing it out of here. I have to worry about other threats and other dangers. And, most importantly, I have to worry about healthcare and "change."

Yes, I know our soldiers and marines inspire confidence, while conveying an indomitable can-do spirit. But chalk that up to the naivety of youth.

I myself never served in the military, but let me tell you: These guys -- and especially the marines -- are a little nuts. I mean, they're all volunteers; they all believe deeply in America -- and in America as it is, and not in America as I will soon remake it -- and they all have this touching but wild-eyed optimism in America's ability to change the world.

But hey, I'm the president. I can't be swayed by the young idealists and optimists who enlist in and join the U.S. military. And you Afghanis shouldn't take our young people too seriously either. I don't care how much they help you and how much you come to like and admire them. They're all (well most of them anyhow) callow youth who fail to see the bigger picture.

The reality is that America can only do so much. Never mind that we put a man on the moon. Some things are just beyond our capacity; and helping your government and your people enter the 17th Century may be more than we Americans can handle. It's certainly more than I want to handle. What can I say? Life's tough. Deal with it.

Anyway, I have to get back to healthcare and domestic change. As I say, you have 18 months. Use it and lose it, Mohammed. Hopefully that'll be enough time for things to work out in your favor. If not, well, I'm sorry. At least everyone will know that we tried, and I can escape blame for losing. Later.

No wonder those cadets looked less-than interested, and warmly tepid in their response...

'Nuff Said...

~T

It was the longest-winded way to vote "present" of all time.

Yeah it was. I was purely politics. I didn't hear anything about the greatness of America to confer Liberty in a region starving for it, and us sticking with it until they get it correct...

I rather heard "You have 18 months, get yer shit together, the clock starts NOW..."

Yeah it was. I was purely politics. I didn't hear anything about the greatness of America to confer Liberty in a region starving for it, and us sticking with it until they get it correct...

I rather heard "You have 18 months, get yer shit together, the clock starts NOW..."

nor should you have, it was a conference on handling a serious problem not a pep rally.

I didn't watch it.

But if you heard, "You have 18 months, get yer shit together, the clock starts NOW.." and are able to recall it, then I'm happy.:clap2:

It wasn't a conference on jack shit.

He could belched out the same boring-assed, say-next-to-nothing drivel from the White House, but needed some props to make it look like something.

Yep...and he's already admiited to doing it previous...

"You Guys Make a Pretty Good Photo Op," President Obama Jokes to Troops at Osan Air Base <LINK

My contention is that the address should have been from the Oval office, and not with PROPS of the US ARMY at Westpoint. Their reactions were telling.

Obama did what the majority of the conservatives requested him to do.

He listened to the Generals.

His strategy provided what the majority of what the Generals asked for.

He ignored his base on this issue.

He did what he felt was best for the country. He did not play politics and pander to his party.

T is playing petty politics. If Obama dors it, no matter what it is, there is something wrong with it. Petty, petty. petty!!!

He did what he felt was best for the country. He did not play politics and pander to his party.

T is playing petty politics. If Obama dors it, no matter what it is, there is something wrong with it. Petty, petty. petty!!!

You didn't think they'd give him credit, did you?

YOU didn't hear his fucking speech...and he gave 1/2 of the original REQUEST of his Generals...

Now why is that? He is trying to appease everyone by half-hearted gestures, and at the same time telling the enemy that WE will be out of ASTAN with a time table.

Is that leadership? Hardly. It's appeasement...and it will embolden the enemy.

You didn't think they'd give him credit, did you?

Just what *I* expect from a scum-sucking bottom-dwelling AMOEBA like you...

A PUSSY that will never serve his country in the Military, but durride it like you do...

Last edited:

BULLSHIT! He didn't ignore his base. GIVE ME A BREAK. He committed troops and committed to get them out of there ASAP. He did his very best to appease both sides. And it landed him in the middle of a nice warm shitpile. He won't stay any longer than the 18 months if we don't get any help from other countries. And we probably won't because they know we're not serious about it. At this point, Obama looks like Frank in "Old School" running down the street naked and thinking everyone is going to join in because he says "COME ON EVERYBODY!!!"

What can I say? Obama is just good at consistently being on the wrong side of things. It is a gift or a curse depending on how you look at it.

the congressional budget office says the public option will not put any insurance companies out of business.

BULLSHIT! He didn't ignore his base. GIVE ME A BREAK. He committed troops and committed to get them out of there ASAP. He did his very best to appease both sides. And it landed him in the middle of a nice warm shitpile. He won't stay any longer than the 18 months if we don't get any help from other countries. And we probably won't because they know we're not serious about it. At this point, Obama looks like Frank in "Old School" running down the street naked and thinking everyone is going to join in because he says "COME ON EVERYBODY!!!"

Absolutely correct.

Is that leadership? Hardly. It's appeasement...and it will embolden the enemy.

On the contrary......

Perhaps it might strengthen the resolve of Afganis to prepare to defend themselves from a Taliban Takeover...

I'm not sure why this is such a far-fetched concept for CheneyRumsfieldFoxNews.:cuckoo:

a taliban commander on the bbc says they will keep fighting. he didn't say they would lay low for 18 months.

obama wants to nationalize health care?

In case you haven't noticed? You've been NEGGED...and you are here spouting shit. I suggest that you move on and comment on something you might know something about. Whatever that is? Time will tell.

But yer talkin points means diddly shit here sport. Take a long walk on a short pier. It will serve you well.

Forum List

Back