What motivates us? Very interesting video..

Hmm..when I first saw this video I thought it would only appeal to those in creative fields..however I can see it translating into work that requires repetitive physical labor. Giving people an opportunity to innovate, say, on a production line, would more then likely translate into cost savings over the long run.

Something I'd always suspected, however, was that high bonuses have little to do with great work.

This is pretty old school stuff.
Books like "ZAPP!!" ([ame=http://www.amazon.com/Zapp-Lightning-Empowerment-Productivity-Satisfaction/dp/0449002829/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1288098789&sr=1-1]Amazon.com: Zapp! The Lightning of Empowerment: How to Improve Productivity, Quality, and Employee Satisfaction (9780449002827): William Byham, Jeff Cox: Books: Reviews, Prices & more[/ame])
and others have spoke on these well established behavior 20 years ago.

Money as an incentive only works until you get a person to a point to where money to pay bills, take nice vacations etc. etc. is satisfied After that more money just gives them something they expected anyway.
Empowerment is the name of the game. Giving people ownership of their job is a HUGE factor in getting the most productivity out of someone.

Forum List

Back