What Ketchup and Pizza say about the GOP.

of course the left is lying about Reagan....they can't help themselves...however....ketchup is actually very good for you....

Must be all the salt and sugar.

Nutrition Calculator McDonalds.co.uk

One small 20g packet of Ketchup gives an adult man 7% of his recommended daily salt, 5% of his daily recommended sugar.

This is based on a 8400 kJ/2000 Kcal diet.

List of countries by food energy intake - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The US, which has the HIGHEST intake of both kilocalories and kilojoules in the world with an average of 3,770 kilocalories, nearly double what McDonalds is saying you should have (yes, MCDONALDS) and 15,770 kilojoules when McDonalds says 8,400 should be about right.

Salt, you're taking in 7% of your daily recommended level of salt with just a small packet of ketchup alone.

Now, I added a big mac, large fries and a medium coke.

59% of my daily recommended value for salt. In one, rubbish meal.

Over-Consumption Of Salt Linked To One In 10 American Deaths ThinkProgress

Over-Consumption Of Salt Linked To One In 10 American Deaths

The researchers, who presented the study Thursday at the annual American Heart Association meeting in New Orleans, said 40 percent of those deaths are premature — affecting people 69 years old or younger.

Dariush Mozaffarian, one of the study’s researchers and associate professor of medicine and epidemiology at Harvard Medical School, told ABC News that salt is more dangerous than sugar largely because of its pervasiveness in the American diet — it’s everywhere, especially in processed, packaged foods:

It also gives you 63% of your daily intake of sugar, though most of this is from the coke.

BBC News - Why are we addicted to sugar

The World Health Organization (WHO) issued draft guidelines in June 2014 which suggested cutting the amount of sugar we eat from the current recommended limit of 10% of daily energy intake to 5%.

So, even this limit we have here is probably too high. A medium coke gives us, probably, about the amount of sugar we need per day. A ketchup would therefore give us 10%, which would be 10% over the limit with our coke.

Also this meal gives us 59% of saturate fat.

What are the risks of eating saturated fat - Fats - Sharecare
Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered
Eating too much saturated fat can raise your level of LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase your risk for heart disease. LDL cholesterol plays several important roles in the body, but particles of it can build up in the blood and attach to the walls of arteries. Over time, LDL cholesterol and other substances can form blockages that lead to heart attacks and other serious health threats. You can cut back on your consumption of saturated fat by limiting your intake of fatty meats, whole milk, butter, cheese, ice cream, cakes and cookies.

Saying that, the ketchup has none of these fats. Must be why it's healthy. It only gives you a one in 5 chance of dying early, well probably much higher than that as those 9/10 who don't die from too much salt and probably the same for sugar, includes those that don't eat this rubbish.

And it tastes like shit too boot.

Luckily for me I'm a vegetarian, I've never eaten McDonalds, Burger King, KFC etc.

You come to my steak house and have a 180 day dry aged ribeye and your days of being a vegetarian would be over LOL

However, what those places sell isn't meat anyway.

of course the left is lying about Reagan....they can't help themselves...however....ketchup is actually very good for you....

One small 20g packet of Ketchup gives an adult man 7% of his recommended daily salt, 5% of his daily recommended sugar.

The US, which has the HIGHEST intake of both kilocalories and kilojoules in the world with an average of 3,770 kilocalories, nearly double what McDonalds is saying you should have (yes, MCDONALDS) and 15,770 kilojoules when McDonalds says 8,400 should be about right.

Salt, you're taking in 7% of your daily recommended level of salt with just a small packet of ketchup alone.

Over-Consumption Of Salt Linked To One In 10 American Deaths

The researchers, who presented the study Thursday at the annual American Heart Association meeting in New Orleans, said 40 percent of those deaths are premature — affecting people 69 years old or younger.

Dariush Mozaffarian, one of the study’s researchers and associate professor of medicine and epidemiology at Harvard Medical School, told ABC News that salt is more dangerous than sugar largely because of its pervasiveness in the American diet — it’s everywhere, especially in processed, packaged foods:

It also gives you 63% of your daily intake of sugar, though most of this is from the coke.

The World Health Organization (WHO) issued draft guidelines in June 2014 which suggested cutting the amount of sugar we eat from the current recommended limit of 10% of daily energy intake to 5%.

So, even this limit we have here is probably too high. A medium coke gives us, probably, about the amount of sugar we need per day. A ketchup would therefore give us 10%, which would be 10% over the limit with our coke.

Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered
Eating too much saturated fat can raise your level of LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase your risk for heart disease. LDL cholesterol plays several important roles in the body, but particles of it can build up in the blood and attach to the walls of arteries. Over time, LDL cholesterol and other substances can form blockages that lead to heart attacks and other serious health threats. You can cut back on your consumption of saturated fat by limiting your intake of fatty meats, whole milk, butter, cheese, ice cream, cakes and cookies.

Saying that, the ketchup has none of these fats. Must be why it's healthy. It only gives you a one in 5 chance of dying early, well probably much higher than that as those 9/10 who don't die from too much salt and probably the same for sugar, includes those that don't eat this rubbish.

Luckily for me I'm a vegetarian, I've never eaten McDonalds, Burger King, KFC etc.

You come to my steak house and have a 180 day dry aged ribeye and your days of being a vegetarian would be over LOL

If you're ever going to be in southern mo let me know, the ribeye would be on me.

but you'd have to rent a knife and fork for $49.95 :D

If you're ever going to be in southern mo let me know, the ribeye would be on me.

when we lived in Charleston, we used to go to a place called "Port Cape Giraudoux" for all you could eat ribs.

places was da awesum

when we lived in Charleston, we used to go to a place called "Port Cape Giraudoux" for all you could eat ribs.

places was da awesum

We're going to Charleston next summer, I'll put it on the list of must tries. Thanks.

places was da awesum

We're going to Charleston next summer, I'll put it on the list of must tries. Thanks.
if it's still open :D

last time I was there was ~ 1981, and it's in Cape Giraudoux, about 45 mins north (if I recall)

places was da awesum

if it's still open :D

last time I was there was ~ 1981, and it's in Cape Giraudoux, about 45 mins north (if I recall)

Well, if it's still open, I'd drive 45 minutes for great ribs for sure.

If Republicans don't want to invest in their own children, fine. But they shouldn't be surprised that we understand that we have to fight to protect our children from the GOP. .

Conservatives do invest in our Children. What we will not do is allow the Government to tell us how to do it; and we will kill to protect that tradition.
you sure about that?....the Govt has said plenty over the years about raising our kids....

Seeing as the majority of parents don't seem to be able to bring up their kids properly, it's hardly surprising the govt tries to get involved.

CDC - Obesity - Facts - Adolescent and School Health

"The percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 18% in 2012. Similarly, the percentage of adolescents aged 12–19 years who were obese increased from 5% to nearly 21% over the same period."

That's about 1 in 5 parents who can't bring their kids up to eat in a manner which stops them being obese.

"In 2012, more than one third of children and adolescents were overweight or obese.1"

That suggests more than 1 in 3 parents can't get their kids eating properly.

World s Fattest Countries - Forbes

Anglosphere_2007_overweight_rate.png

The US has 74.1% of people overweight.

"#9: The U.S.: 74.1% overweight

Nearly 237 million Americans are currently overweight. It is estimated that medical costs connected to obesity accounted for 9.1% of all health expenditures each year in the U.S."

for that 50 bucks does the dinner include a baked potato and some veges?....or are they extra?....

Since the Federal Government has nothing to do with local school districts please explain how the Federal Government supposedly remove a billion dollars from school lunch programs?

for that 50 bucks does the dinner include a baked potato and some veges?....or are they extra?....

Our 8 oz dry aged ribeye is $49.95 and comes with your choice of potato, and two veggies, as well as a dinner salad and a dinner roll.

We of course have less, and more, expensive cuts. But all include the same.

If Republicans don't want to invest in their own children, fine. But they shouldn't be surprised that we understand that we have to fight to protect our children from the GOP. .

Conservatives do invest in our Children. What we will not do is allow the Government to tell us how to do it; and we will kill to protect that tradition.
you sure about that?....the Govt has said plenty over the years about raising our kids....

Seeing as the majority of parents don't seem to be able to bring up their kids properly, it's hardly surprising the govt tries to get involved.

CDC - Obesity - Facts - Adolescent and School Health

"The percentage of children aged 6–11 years in the United States who were obese increased from 7% in 1980 to nearly 18% in 2012. Similarly, the percentage of adolescents aged 12–19 years who were obese increased from 5% to nearly 21% over the same period."

That's about 1 in 5 parents who can't bring their kids up to eat in a manner which stops them being obese.

"In 2012, more than one third of children and adolescents were overweight or obese.1"

That suggests more than 1 in 3 parents can't get their kids eating properly.

Anglosphere_2007_overweight_rate.png

The US has 74.1% of people overweight.

"#9: The U.S.: 74.1% overweight

Nearly 237 million Americans are currently overweight. It is estimated that medical costs connected to obesity accounted for 9.1% of all health expenditures each year in the U.S."

1 in 4 adult black males are in prison. Which federal program is trying to change the way their parents are raising them?

Ketchup is made from fruit and is full of sugar. But right wingers call it a vegetable. They can't even get something that simple right.

Remember when FDR was elected in 1932 to end the recession and it turned into a soup line depression under his watch? A bowl of ketchup and hot water was a meal for the folks who were unfortunate enough to live during FDR's "great depression".

1 in 4 adult black males are in prison. Which federal program is trying to change the way their parents are raising them?

Here's the big problem in the US.

The right will always say it's up to the parents, the govt should stay out of things like this. However when parents don't have a clue.

The question is WHY does this happen? I think a lot of it is a throwback to the segregation era when white people simply were ahead of black people no matter what, usually. When segregation ended people had to be a little more creative in their manner of keeping black people down.

It's not just black people being kept down, Hispanics have the same poverty rates too and white people also get into poverty. However for the rich, it works well, they don't spend money on things AND their kids have a far better chance because poorer kids simply aren't getting the education and opportunities that their own kids are getting.

Remember when FDR was elected in 1932 to end the recession and it turned into a soup line depression under his watch? A bowl of ketchup and hot water was a meal for the folks who were unfortunate enough to live during FDR's "great depression".

Are you suggesting a president has superpowers in order to be able to end recessions over night?

Forum List

Back