What Ketchup and Pizza say about the GOP.

of course the left is lying about Reagan....they can't help themselves...however....ketchup is actually very good for you....

Must be all the salt and sugar.

Nutrition Calculator McDonalds.co.uk

One small 20g packet of Ketchup gives an adult man 7% of his recommended daily salt, 5% of his daily recommended sugar.

This is based on a 8400 kJ/2000 Kcal diet.

List of countries by food energy intake - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The US, which has the HIGHEST intake of both kilocalories and kilojoules in the world with an average of 3,770 kilocalories, nearly double what McDonalds is saying you should have (yes, MCDONALDS) and 15,770 kilojoules when McDonalds says 8,400 should be about right.

Salt, you're taking in 7% of your daily recommended level of salt with just a small packet of ketchup alone.

Now, I added a big mac, large fries and a medium coke.

59% of my daily recommended value for salt. In one, rubbish meal.

Over-Consumption Of Salt Linked To One In 10 American Deaths ThinkProgress

Over-Consumption Of Salt Linked To One In 10 American Deaths

The researchers, who presented the study Thursday at the annual American Heart Association meeting in New Orleans, said 40 percent of those deaths are premature — affecting people 69 years old or younger.

Dariush Mozaffarian, one of the study’s researchers and associate professor of medicine and epidemiology at Harvard Medical School, told ABC News that salt is more dangerous than sugar largely because of its pervasiveness in the American diet — it’s everywhere, especially in processed, packaged foods:

It also gives you 63% of your daily intake of sugar, though most of this is from the coke.

BBC News - Why are we addicted to sugar

The World Health Organization (WHO) issued draft guidelines in June 2014 which suggested cutting the amount of sugar we eat from the current recommended limit of 10% of daily energy intake to 5%.

So, even this limit we have here is probably too high. A medium coke gives us, probably, about the amount of sugar we need per day. A ketchup would therefore give us 10%, which would be 10% over the limit with our coke.

Also this meal gives us 59% of saturate fat.

What are the risks of eating saturated fat - Fats - Sharecare
Mehmet Oz, MD, Cardiology, answered
Eating too much saturated fat can raise your level of LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase your risk for heart disease. LDL cholesterol plays several important roles in the body, but particles of it can build up in the blood and attach to the walls of arteries. Over time, LDL cholesterol and other substances can form blockages that lead to heart attacks and other serious health threats. You can cut back on your consumption of saturated fat by limiting your intake of fatty meats, whole milk, butter, cheese, ice cream, cakes and cookies.

Saying that, the ketchup has none of these fats. Must be why it's healthy. It only gives you a one in 5 chance of dying early, well probably much higher than that as those 9/10 who don't die from too much salt and probably the same for sugar, includes those that don't eat this rubbish.

of course the left is lying about Reagan....they can't help themselves...however....ketchup is actually very good for you....

One small 20g packet of Ketchup gives an adult man 7% of his recommended daily salt, 5% of his daily recommended sugar.

The US, which has the HIGHEST intake of both kilocalories and kilojoules in the world with an average of 3,770 kilocalories, nearly double what McDonalds is saying you should have (yes, MCDONALDS) and 15,770 kilojoules when McDonalds says 8,400 should be about right.

Salt, you're taking in 7% of your daily recommended level of salt with just a small packet of ketchup alone.

The researchers, who presented the study Thursday at the annual American Heart Association meeting in New Orleans, said 40 percent of those deaths are premature — affecting people 69 years old or younger.

Dariush Mozaffarian, one of the study’s researchers and associate professor of medicine and epidemiology at Harvard Medical School, told ABC News that salt is more dangerous than sugar largely because of its pervasiveness in the American diet — it’s everywhere, especially in processed, packaged foods:

It also gives you 63% of your daily intake of sugar, though most of this is from the coke.

The World Health Organization (WHO) issued draft guidelines in June 2014 which suggested cutting the amount of sugar we eat from the current recommended limit of 10% of daily energy intake to 5%.

So, even this limit we have here is probably too high. A medium coke gives us, probably, about the amount of sugar we need per day. A ketchup would therefore give us 10%, which would be 10% over the limit with our coke.

Eating too much saturated fat can raise your level of LDL (bad) cholesterol and increase your risk for heart disease. LDL cholesterol plays several important roles in the body, but particles of it can build up in the blood and attach to the walls of arteries. Over time, LDL cholesterol and other substances can form blockages that lead to heart attacks and other serious health threats. You can cut back on your consumption of saturated fat by limiting your intake of fatty meats, whole milk, butter, cheese, ice cream, cakes and cookies.

Saying that, the ketchup has none of these fats. Must be why it's healthy. It only gives you a one in 5 chance of dying early, well probably much higher than that as those 9/10 who don't die from too much salt and probably the same for sugar, includes those that don't eat this rubbish.

And it tastes like shit too boot.

the eXtreme rw rally cry of "let them die!!!" has triumphed.

Au contraire mon ami! I believe you have the wrong party who want American children to starve to death :lol:

I must say this school lunch program of Michelle's has guaranteed that children all across the USA will grow up to be solid Republicans.

I love love this!

'Prisoners eat better food': Students hit back at Michelle Obama's school lunch program with pictures of woeful servings

:lmao:

23CD824F00000578-0-image-a-7_1417881484265.jpg

23CD824B00000578-0-image-m-6_1417881470101.jpg

23CD823100000578-0-image-m-9_1417881506721.jpg

23CD821000000578-2863508-image-a-17_1417881800871.jpg

23CD824200000578-2863508-image-a-12_1417881737689.jpg
23CD823D00000578-2863508-image-a-13_1417881757755.jpg
23CD824200000578-2863508-image-a-12_1417881737689.jpg

23CD822100000578-2863508-image-a-15_1417881782219.jpg

Prisoners eat better food Students hit back at Michelle Obama s school lunch program with pictures of woeful servings Daily Mail Online

The problem is a massive one about EDUCATION. It always amazes me when educational institutions act like they need educating themselves, and are not the ones doing the educating.

Surely if we had cooks who could actually make decent meals with good nutritional values, then this problem would arise where the federal govt even contemplated what kids had to eat.

Luckily for me I'm a vegetarian, I've never eaten McDonalds, Burger King, KFC etc.

Luckily for me I'm a vegetarian, I've never eaten McDonalds, Burger King, KFC etc.

You come to my steak house and have a 180 day dry aged ribeye and your days of being a vegetarian would be over LOL

However, what those places sell isn't meat anyway.

You come to my steak house and have a 180 day dry aged ribeye and your days of being a vegetarian would be over LOL

I doubt that, I've lived in some pretty meat eating places in my time.

But yeah, it's not real food, yet people eat it without even thinking.

I doubt that, I've lived in some pretty meat eating places in my time.

But yeah, it's not real food, yet people eat it without even thinking.

I have young children, and I'm not going to deny them the childish pleasure of eating at McDonalds once in awhile, but we're talking once every couple of months, and I eat the same thing every time. Two small cheeseburgers, a french fry and a sweet tea.

Here's a pretty explanation on the whole "ketchup is a vegetable" thing. Turns out Reagan had nothing to do with it, other than sitting in the WH at the time.

The Straight Dope Did the Reagan-era USDA really classify ketchup as a vegetable

Rdean is an idiot again

I'm an idiot for getting it right. Better read your own link. Here, let me help you:

In mid-1981, only a few months after Reagan took office, Congress cut $1 billion from child-nutrition funding and gave the USDA 90 days--the blink of an eye, for the federal bureaucracy--to come up with new standards that would enable school districts to economize, in theory without compromising nutrition. (love the "theory" part. Republicans love "theory" so much, they think "theory" is another word for "fact")

The USDA convened a panel of nutritionists and food service directors to ponder what to do. One option on the table--no one later would admit to putting it there--was to "accept catsup as a fruit/vegetable when used as an ingredient." (Republicans were in charge but wouldn't admit to their policy???? Really? Where have we seen that before? Iraq? Bush tax cuts? Ruined economy?)

Mid-level Reaganauts at the USDA saw all this as a matter of giving the states more latitude; wiser heads might have realized that the rest of the world would see it as taking food away from children.

(my favorite part of all)

The mortified administration withdrew the proposal and the USDA official in charge of the program was transferred, a move widely interpreted as a firing.

(and finally)

A reprise of the ketchup fiasco loomed recently when a federal judge approved new USDA regs classifying batter-coated french fries as a fresh vegetable.

---------------------------------------------------

Gee, I don't know what to say. That's from your fucking link. And I'm the "idiot"????

Oh wait, maybe you really believe that french fries and ketchup are vegetables? Is that what you are saying?

On one hand Republicans insist that "rich people" are better. They are the job CREATORS. They deserve better because they work harder and are smarter.

But when Obama, who is rich, participates, it's somehow not fair. Never before have I heard of Republicans complaining that the children of the president should be eating swill and going to public schools. I'm sure him being the first black president has nothing to do with it. Two firsts as the same time? Merely a coincidence.

Ketchup Is a Vegetable Again - The Atlantic

Remember when Republicans called ketchup a "serving of vegetable" when Reagan was president. They had just slashed a billion dollars from school lunches.

Remember recently when Republicans called pizza a vegetable? For the same reason?

If Republicans don't want to invest in their own children, fine. But they shouldn't be surprised that we understand that we have to fight to protect our children from the GOP. .
everyone has to defend their kids from people with your mindset too.....just sayin.....

I usually see you as a reasonably intelligent person, but saying stuff like this sinks you down to rdean's level. Are you sure you're in the right thread?

I usually see you as a reasonably intelligent person, but saying stuff like this sinks you down to rdean's level. Are you sure you're in the right thread?
Dottie is Deans right nut....guno is his left one....that means Dean is the appendage remaining....

If Republicans don't want to invest in their own children, fine. But they shouldn't be surprised that we understand that we have to fight to protect our children from the GOP. .

Conservatives do invest in our Children. What we will not do is allow the Government to tell us how to do it; and we will kill to protect that tradition.
you sure about that?....the Govt has said plenty over the years about raising our kids....

Remember when Republicans called ketchup a "serving of vegetable" when Reagan was president. They had just slashed a billion dollars from school lunches.

Remember recently when Republicans called pizza a vegetable? For the same reason?

Reagan?

I guess there's not too much on TV tonight to keep deanie occupied....
No housewives from Atlanta or something from Tyler Perry....
is Glee still on?....

Forum List

Back