What is the point of a “DEBT CEILING” if we just keep raising it?

Post 187

"The 5 trillion built the US economy".
"We only sent money overseas because the Democrats vetoed Trump’s veto".

You're the moron who is looking dumber than dog shit.
You made the claim but can't prove it because it's a lie, as usual.
First deny that YouTube and Twitter prior to Elon Musk didn’t delete anything Trump did that was pro-US.
The web has deleted almost everything Trump did.

I agree, raising the debt ceiling to cover money you've already allocated is absurd. Doing it that way is backwards. The point of the debt ceiling is to try and control spending, but if you are allocating money with no limit, then just raise the debt ceiling to meet that obligation, there really isn't a debt ceiling at all.

Also, someone please explain to me the relationship of the yearly budget to the debt ceiling. The house just passed a 1.7 trillion budget...doesn't that mean everything is already funded through 2023? How are we at the debt ceiling then? Or is that just the case of the budget is simply how much they project they'll need, but they have to raise the debt ceiling to cover the budget they just proposed?

Also, the government has never not raised the debt ceiling, right? This will be no different, there will be a last minute deal.
agree, raising the debt ceiling to cover money you've already allocated is absurd. I do too, especially when that allocated money are tax cuts going to the wealthy and multi-national corporations.

Yawn…
I’m only bored with LibTards.
I just went back and read about eight of your last posts. You are bored because you haven't said shit. You don't debate substance. You whine like a child who can't explain your own whining. You are so pitiful.

I just went back and read about eight of your last posts. You are bored because you haven't said shit. You don't debate substance. You whine like a child who can't explain your own whining. You are so pitiful.
It’s simple, stupid…
When politicians are too scared to raise taxes they increase debt via borrowing from the Fed.

Forum List

Back