What is the point of a “DEBT CEILING” if we just keep raising it?

Simple then, show us in here, the order Trump signed shutting down the US….I’ll wait.
March 25 2020
To date, President Donald Trump has activated emergency powers under four separate statutes for the COVID-19 response. Trump declared a public health emergency under the Public Health Service Act on Jan. 31, issued two national emergency declarations under both the Stafford Act and the National Emergencies Act (NEA) on March 13, and invoked emergency powers via Executive Order under the Defense Production Act on March 18. On March 19, Trump named the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) as the lead agency in the COVID-19 emergency response efforts, a designation previously held by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). These actions have varying implications but collectively allow the federal government to deliver virus response funds and other assistance to state and local governments in an effort to reduce the spread of the virus and protect the economy against its mounting impact.

The declaration comes as part of a broader effort to bolster the economy and contain the virus as it continues to quarantine workers and consumers, ground flights, close factories and schools, ban public events, disrupt supply chains, impact the stock market and cause other fallout. These developments will bolster efforts already underway by governors, mayors, county officials, state legislatures and others in state and local government nationwide who have stepped up to mitigate the spread.

Last edited:
March 25 2020
To date, President Donald Trump has activated emergency powers under four separate statutes for the COVID-19 response. Trump declared a public health emergency under the Public Health Service Act on Jan. 31, issued two national emergency declarations under both the Stafford Act and the National Emergencies Act (NEA) on March 13, and invoked emergency powers via Executive Order under the Defense Production Act on March 18. On March 19, Trump named the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) as the lead agency in the COVID-19 emergency response efforts, a designation previously held by the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). These actions have varying implications but collectively allow the federal government to deliver virus response funds and other assistance to state and local governments in an effort to reduce the spread of the virus and protect the economy against its mounting impact.

The declaration comes as part of a broader effort to bolster the economy and contain the virus as it continues to quarantine workers and consumers, ground flights, close factories and schools, ban public events, disrupt supply chains, impact the stock market and cause other fallout. These developments will bolster efforts already underway by governors, mayors, county officials, state legislatures and others in state and local government nationwide who have stepped up to mitigate the spread.
Funny, I don’t see an order to shut down the States in there…

As, usual, you're FOS.
Democrats vetoed Trump 10 times, only one was sustained, with republicans helping.

January 1 2021
President Donald Trump suffered a stinging rebuke in the U.S. Senate on Friday when fellow Republicans joined Democrats to override a presidential veto for the first time in his tenure, pushing through a defense policy bill he opposed just weeks before he leaves office.

Meeting in a rare New Year’s Day session, senators voted 81-13 to secure the two-thirds majority needed to override the veto. Eight previous Trump vetoes had been upheld.

The Senate also ended for now a push by Democrats to increase COVID-19 financial relief checks from $600 to $2,000, a change sought by Trump.

The Democratic-controlled House of Representatives on Monday voted to override the veto. A president has the power to veto a bill passed by Congress, but lawmakers can uphold the bill if two-thirds of both houses vote to override the veto.

The $740 billion National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) determines everything from how many ships are bought to soldiers’ pay and how to address geopolitical threats.

WHICH, the NDAA, didn't earmark, ANY $$$, for Ukraine.
Too late as you posted that the 7.5 trillion wasn’t Trump’s budget.

Trump signed the budget, moron.
It's his debt.

"The 5 trillion built the US economy".
"We only sent money overseas because the Democrats vetoed Trump’s veto".
Why did you say he didn’t, moron?
Are you trying to confuse yourself or someone else?
I said he did yesterday morning and you posted I was wrong.
Your emotions are in control, not your intellect.

Of course, the money Trump wanted went to Americans while the money Congress pushed went to other nations.

Why did you say he didn’t, moron.
Are you trying to confuse yourself or someone else.

Of course, the money Trump wanted went to Americans while the money Congress pushed went to other nations.
Wow, just wow.

You're FOS, as usual.

Wow, just wow.

You're FOS, as usual.
Yep!
It’s obvious you don’t read the news on a daily basis; not that you have the intellectual integrity to do so.
Trump vetoed all aid to shit holes and the Democrat House vetoed his veto.

Yep!
It’s obvious you don’t read the news on a daily basis; not that you have the intellectual integrity to do so.
Trump vetoes all aid to shot holes and the Democrat House vetoed his veto.
Sure they did, like Trump, you just can't prove it.

Why did you say he didn’t, moron?
Are you trying to confuse yourself or someone else?

Don't ya love when this jerk off whines about ad hominems?

I’m not your father.
You should review your posts because you’re looking dumb as dog shit.
I also recommend reading Reuters and AP News on a daily basis.
Post 187

You're the moron who is looking dumber than dog shit.
You made the claim but can't prove it because it's a lie, as usual.

Post 187

You're the moron who is looking dumber than dog shit.
You made the claim but can't prove it because it's a lie, as usual.
Yawn…

Forum List

Back