What is the facination/obsession over Talor Swift?

She has a purrdy mouth? :dunno:

And saggy titties.

ts.jpg

My granddaughter wanted to see her when she came to KC a few weeks back so I looked up tickets. Cheapest I could find were 1500.00

A literal wtf moment.

Me, My daughter and her best friend saw her. We had great seats for a fraction of the cost.

She is not a great singer (she's not bad either, just okay), but her gift is songwriting and capturing the cultural moment.

If you doubt that, look up how much money and attention her Eras tour has racked up.

I have never been a huge fan and especially not of her earlier, real 'teeny bopper' work. But the production on this show--I have never seen anything like it. Not worth $1500. But definitely worth every cent of what we paid for it.

Her latest album, "Midnights", will probably win a Grammy.

Today's entertainers don't compare to the ones 20 years ago. Popular music has been dumbed down and I don't bother listening to it.

It waxes and wanes.

The 70s was a golden era. I thought the 80s were great cause I was a teen then, but really, it was just okay. Another renaissance of sorts in the 90s. And then some real bright spots in the 21st century.

It's hard not to lose touch when we get older. We want to listen to what we like, and then to keep current, have to make time and room to listen to new stuff too. I do so due to the nature of my job, but it does take time.

Me, My daughter and her best friend saw her. We had great seats for a fraction of the cost.

She is not a great singer (she's not bad either, just okay), but her gift is songwriting and capturing the cultural moment.

If you doubt that, look up how much money and attention her Eras tour has racked up.

I have never been a huge fan and especially not of her earlier, real 'teeny bopper' work. But the production on this show--I have never seen anything like it. Not worth $1500. But definitely worth every cent of what we paid for it.

Her latest album, "Midnights", will probably win a Grammy.

Her shift from country to pop proved to be a good choice, despite the predictions she would lose her fan base. She does write a lot of her own stuff, which most of them don't do. That increases her income considerably.

Doesn't have to be. here market is the same as the market has always been aimed at, teenage girls with disposable incomes, same as the Beatles and most other pop music entertainers from Sinatra to today's teenage girls.

No one can touch Sinatra. A legend.

The Beatles are overrated. They were a great band. Not better than other great bands, though.

Taylor Swift commands the same attention the Beatles did in the 60s and Michael Jackson and Madonna did in the 80s. Some here just don't like it cause....well, they're old. Sorry.

Her shift from country to pop proved to be a good choice, despite the predictions she would lose her fan base. She does write a lot of her own stuff, which most of them don't do.

Very, very difficult to make that switch and not have your fan base abandon you. And to my knowledge, she has written all her songs on all her albums, sometimes with collaboration. Not all are brilliant gems--but some are.

She writes pop music. She captures the cultural moment, and she's good at it. I mean...obviously.

Every generation has a few stars or groups whose financial success far exceeds their personal talent, and scores of supremely talented people who achieve little or no commercial success. Against this background, TS is better in every way than Madonna, Britney Spears, Miley Cyrus, and a few others that one could name.

Forum List

Back