What is so dangerous about Ben Shapiro?

It's one thing to oust negative arguments, false justifications, and political rhetoric
for the purpose of "promoting a SOLUTION instead"

What is considered "hostile" is only focusing on "striking down" the liberal left position.

If skilled advocates such as Ben Shapiro focused EQUALLY
on promoting a SOLUTION to partisan conflicts, maybe he wouldn't appear as "hostile" or dangerous.

Nothing wrong with advocating for solutions
instead of just objections seen as more negative obstruction.

But protest are promoting a solution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The following statement was issued by a group at The Ohio State University in advance of Shapiro's speech on campus.

Excerpts from Huffington Post:

“Shapiro’s rhetoric has the potential to threaten the emotional and mental safety of much of the campus community. If you do not feel comfortable around a climate that will be created by Ben Shapiro’s presence, we encourage you to seek a safe environment for yourself,” read the message from the program, which provides merit-based scholarships for students engaged in diversity-focused activities.

“Knowing the hostile environment that can result from these kinds of events, we encourage you to seek an inclusive environment and reach out to talk with someone. If you do not have a safe space or prefer not to be alone, please feel free to join other Morrill Scholars and our staff on the MSP learning community on the third floor of Blackburn House tonight from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thank you and stay safe,” it continued.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/ben...eec2c0a0bc
Well, this is what we've turned our kids into: Hypersensitive neurotics who are damaged by the mere thought that someone is saying something they don't like within a mile or two of their safe space.

I never would have thought it would come to this. Our campuses are THE PLACE opposing views should be heard.

Sick.

I've saw a video from the UK on panel discussions, and a lefty at the end of it, calls the police because she felt "put upon" or some such bullshit by what one of the people on the panel said.

These people are laying the ground work for serious censorship and jailing their political enemies for saying heresy.

The following statement was issued by a group at The Ohio State University in advance of Shapiro's speech on campus.

“Shapiro’s rhetoric has the potential to threaten the emotional and mental safety of much of the campus community. If you do not feel comfortable around a climate that will be created by Ben Shapiro’s presence, we encourage you to seek a safe environment for yourself,” read the message from the program, which provides merit-based scholarships for students engaged in diversity-focused activities.

“Knowing the hostile environment that can result from these kinds of events, we encourage you to seek an inclusive environment and reach out to talk with someone. If you do not have a safe space or prefer not to be alone, please feel free to join other Morrill Scholars and our staff on the MSP learning community on the third floor of Blackburn House tonight from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thank you and stay safe,” it continued.

Well, this is what we've turned our kids into: Hypersensitive neurotics who are damaged by the mere thought that someone is saying something they don't like within a mile or two of their safe space.

I never would have thought it would come to this. Our campuses are THE PLACE opposing views should be heard.

Sick.

I've saw a video from the UK on panel discussions, and a lefty at the end of it, calls the police because she felt "put upon" or some such bullshit by what one of the people on the panel said.

These people are laying the ground work for serious censorship and jailing their political enemies for saying heresy.

If you study history that's happened before

Dear SassyIrishLass
Let's have compassion for those without the
sense of self that others have.

Wouldn't you be traumatized all over again?

if you were struggling with transgender issues,
and received a verbal slap in the face that your
identity doesn't exist but is a mental disorder issue?

Believe me, SIL, I've TRIED to defend a fellow Transgender friend,
explaining that accepting this as a faith based identity frees anyone up
of any burden to "prove" it because a "faith based belief" is protected and doesn't require proof.
And my friend couldn't do this, but is one of the liberal thinkers that
"depends on govt" to establish what is legally recognized!!!

Definitely a political handicap.
Have some sympathy for people who don't have equal ability
to enforce their own "inalienable rights" as Constitutionalists do.
Have pity on those who rely on "9 judges on a bench in DC"
before they feel "equal as human beings."

Not everyone has what we have, Sassy.
Not everyone has a free choice or ability, but some
really do rely on govt the way Atheists rely on science to prove things before they can change their minds either!

“Shapiro’s rhetoric has the potential to threaten the emotional and mental safety of much of the campus community

Good grief what a bunch of pussified snowflakes

Dear Emily,

At the point where "compassion" is defined as "Shut up because someone might not like what you're saying", you are cordially invited to piss off.

None of us are obligated to self-censor ourselves or give up our right to advocate for the political, social, and cultural goals we believe in simply because there are people somewhere in the world who are so badly in need of therapy that they are incapable of coping with the most basic fundamental fact of human society, which is that not everyone agrees with you.

EVERYONE has a free choice. To say otherwise is just passing the buck, trying to make your choice and then evade responsibility for the consequences.

Dear SassyIrishLass

of any burden to "prove" it because a "faith based belief" is protected and doesn't require proof.

really do rely on govt the way Atheists rely on science to prove things before they can change their minds either!

“Shapiro’s rhetoric has the potential to threaten the emotional and mental safety of much of the campus community

These are just college students seeking attention

It makes me wonder about who raised them. I know ours don't get worked up over crap like this. The world and life can be cruel...prepare your children for it. If not they'll be eaten alive by it

My kids were raised as conservatives. Believe me, they're well-versed in the fact that people are going to be assholes.

Dear SassyIrishLass

These are just college students seeking attention

It makes me wonder about who raised them. I know ours don't get worked up over crap like this. The world and life can be cruel...prepare your children for it. If not they'll be eaten alive by it

My kids were raised as conservatives. Believe me, they're well-versed in the fact that people are going to be assholes.

Get in our oldest faces and they'll get right back. In short their tolerant but won't be pushed around or intimidated over their beliefs

Without these trolling publicity stunts Shapiro wouldn’t have a career. Rachel Maddow should sign up to speak at Liberty University to talk about how shitty everybody there is. I wonder how they’d react.

If they invited her, they should let her speak.

He isn't trolling moron.....they asked him.

Is it the afternoon sugar rush or are you always this stupid ?

Jews are the enemy. They are a 5th column.

You sound like a really depraved, sick fucking idiot.
Just well read and can put 2 and 2 together. You choose not to that's your problem.
Jews are the enemy. They are a 5th column.
You sound like a really depraved, sick fucking idiot.
BUT ITZ DA JOOZ
Yes it is The Jews.
36003038_2186464951590076_4546683844476010496_n.jpg

Sick.

It's been going on for a number of years and you just figgered it out.
You deserve a pay grade raise!

Dear SassyIrishLass

He offed himself, amirite?

I've seen that many times. More often than not, they off themselves. Just waiting on Bruce Jenner.

Without these trolling publicity stunts Shapiro wouldn’t have a career. Rachel Maddow should sign up to speak at Liberty University to talk about how shitty everybody there is. I wonder how they’d react.

So..... have you ever listened to a speech by Shapiro? He is without question, one of the most polite and accommodating pundits that exists.

If you talking about Milo Yiannopoulos, then I would be on your side, agreeing with everything you said. Milo is openly hostile and insulting.

Ben is practically the exact opposite of Milo. Calling him a troll, makes me wonder if you even know who we are talking about.

So..... have you ever listened to a speech by Shapiro? He is without question, one of the most polite and accommodating pundits that exists.

If you talking about Milo Yiannopoulos, then I would be on your side, agreeing with everything you said. Milo is openly hostile and insulting.

Ben is practically the exact opposite of Milo. Calling him a troll, makes me wonder if you even know who we are talking about.
Being polite and accommodating while trolling is one of the best trolling methods

Ben slices and dices dumb lefties who have little intellect and mostly neo-marxist talking points that they don't even understand. I watched Ben debate Bill Mahar and Bill basically had his own head handed to him.

Being polite and accommodating while trolling is one of the best trolling methods

You never ever, evah listened to Shapiro!

So STFU!

Forum List

Back