What is it GOP leaders are doing that generates such strong support from their base?

Anybody with a brain can tell by their POLICIES that the Dems are LESS in corporate pockets. Duh. Campaign donations are a joke anyway,not much relatively. It's the amount they spend on LOBBYISTS that is many times that, and that'show corporate money ends up being 30-50x as much as union/environmental money. At last guess, thanks to Pub/Supreme court laws...

well apparently you dont have much of a Brain then......both are in the pockets.... just Different types of Corporations......Duh......

We should first quantify "base" of the RNC. The upper 10 & corporate heads, and members of the middle class with the most to lose.

You missed the question however with a lazy dodge, try again. In other words, "Name some policies from the GOP leadership that has helped the Republican base".

I would say Faith Based Charities, and the New Prosperity Initiative. That is about the sum total of what Bush did for the majority of his base in eight years. Most of what he claimed to do, he lied about and never funded or put it so far out in the future it would never see sunlight.

Charity? My opinion of Charity is that it's good in a pinch, but in the long run, isn't it just "welfare" by a different name?

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

This is why cutting education and jobs programs will be such a terrible disaster for this country. Without those, you reduce millions of Americans to "charity".

And that is exactly why this conservative donates her time to a charity that actually teaches homeless people skills to help them to help themselves. I do that for free. What do you do?
He posts on the internet. They call it "raising awareness", and congratulate themselves that they're actually doing something.

You see, leftists believe that emotions are accomplishments.

Actually, no.

You need to do a little more research than simply print numbers. That is, if you want the whole story.

Say you work at a company that has ten thousand employees. The employees hold fund raisers and bake sales and give private donations and then bundle the money together and contribute to their candidate's campaign listing the source as the company they work at. But the money doesn't come from the company itself, but from the employees.

Now say the company CEO and BOD give a large sum of money ALSO in the name of the company. But that comes from just a couple of people.

So it appears the company contributed to two campaigns, and they did. But from two very different groups of people. Personally, I relate to the employees. The Republican leadership relates to the CEO.

Unless it doesn't matter to you. Money is money no matter where it came from. That's how many Republicans see it. In that very "simple" way.

And of course, you can prove your contribution source theory.

Oh, wait, you're rderp...of course you can't.

It's idiots like you who excused Hilly's thousand-dollar donations from Chinese restaurant waiters and dishwashers:

The Washington Monthly

And the fact is they have no intent of realizing the goals on the social conservative agenda, that would take away the issues used to whip the Base into a frenzy just before an election.
Sounds like the Dems and their intention to "help" people by giving them just enough government money to remain dependent, but not enough to get off assistance.

You don't exactly come over as Mr Nice Guy either, rdean. Shocking I know, but it's true. You come over as someone who hates other based on nothing more than their political views. Sick shit.

You make me laugh with your classic stereotyping of others... while totally failing to realize that you actually fit the stereotype of a mindless left wing hack.

My advice.... avoid stereotyping your fellow man. Most of us are still individuals.

she has got you there Dean.....

Not really. The Republican Party is 90% white. That can't be denied.

The Democratic Party is a coalition Party. That can't be denied. Especially when you look at all the "conflicting positions":

For and against gay marriage
For and against raising taxes
For and against the two wars
For and against abortion rights

There are conservatives within the Democratic Party.

The Republicans on the other hand, well, do I really have to go there? You guys know your own party.

How do Black Conservatives do in the Democratic Party?
:eusa_whistle:

You forgot to mention the Lyndon Larouche "branch"
as well

Funny how that works...

Last edited:
and yet the biggest most powerful blue State is slowly dying......why is that Dean?....

Because they are being drained of money for Red States? I thought that was obvious.

and yet i have told you that every politician i have heard,Articals from the papers here.....no one ever mentions that point.......i listened to Gov. Brown talk about the budget.....i never heard him mention that......but yet you insist thats why.....show me one of your links where someone in California Politics mentions that....

No Republican mention supply and demand. Does that mean it isn't the foundation of capitalism?

Only Republicans talk about seceding (See Rick Perry for one).

Democrats know it's part of our duty to fund the federal government. Republicans hate government. They want it to fail. It's why every time they are in power, it fails. That's their plan. It's there "teaching moment".

Because they are being drained of money for Red States? I thought that was obvious.

and yet i have told you that every politician i have heard,Articals from the papers here.....no one ever mentions that point.......i listened to Gov. Brown talk about the budget.....i never heard him mention that......but yet you insist thats why.....show me one of your links where someone in California Politics mentions that....

No Republican mention supply and demand. Does that mean it isn't the foundation of capitalism?

Democrats know it's part of our duty to fund the federal government. Republicans hate government. They want it to fail. It's why every time they are in power, it fails. That's their plan. It's there "teaching moment".

So with the Democrats in power

9.2 unemployment is a gov't success

Good to know
:razz:

Dean i can guarantee you that if a company gave the Democrats 50 million bucks......the Democratic Leadership will relate to the CEO......are you that blind that you cant see that?....

If the "company" gave them 50 million bucks. But what about the money that comes from that companies "employees"? You think politicians don't know where their money comes from? They may say they don't, but they do. Every penny.

Politician support people way different than they do corporations. See "Democrats" and "Republicans". The US Chamber of Commerce gives more than 90% to Republicans. Where do you think their money comes from? The information is out there and easy to find. If Republicans value corporations over America's individuals, then fine. That's their values. They should be proud those they support are doing so well.

U.S. Chamber of Commerce

The chamber’s increasingly aggressive role — including record spending in the midterm elections that supports Republicans more than 90 percent of the time — has made it a target of critics, including a few local chamber affiliates who fear it has become too partisan and hard-nosed in its fund-raising.

nice dance Dean.....if GE say gives 50 million and 5 of that was from the employees....guess who the Democratic party is going to cater too?.....

Probably, but in the real world, corporations know they get more bang for the buck giving to Republicans. Think about why that is.

"What is it GOP leaders are doing that generates such strong support from their base?"

Appeal to their worst, most selfish, hateful, xenophobic, racist instincts, of course.

I think from their policies, that's pretty clear. But they would never admit it.

If the "company" gave them 50 million bucks. But what about the money that comes from that companies "employees"? You think politicians don't know where their money comes from? They may say they don't, but they do. Every penny.

Politician support people way different than they do corporations. See "Democrats" and "Republicans". The US Chamber of Commerce gives more than 90% to Republicans. Where do you think their money comes from? The information is out there and easy to find. If Republicans value corporations over America's individuals, then fine. That's their values. They should be proud those they support are doing so well.

U.S. Chamber of Commerce

The chamber’s increasingly aggressive role — including record spending in the midterm elections that supports Republicans more than 90 percent of the time — has made it a target of critics, including a few local chamber affiliates who fear it has become too partisan and hard-nosed in its fund-raising.

nice dance Dean.....if GE say gives 50 million and 5 of that was from the employees....guess who the Democratic party is going to cater too?.....

Probably, but in the real world, corporations know they get more bang for the buck giving to Republicans. Think about why that is.

I hear you

Barack Obama (D)
Top Contributors

U of California $1,591,395
Goldman Sachs $994,795
Harvard University $854,747
Microsoft Corp $833,617
Google Inc $803,436
Citigroup Inc $701,290
JPMorgan Chase & Co $695,132
Time Warner $590,084
Sidley Austin LLP $588,598
Stanford University $586,557
National Amusements Inc $551,683
UBS AG $543,219
Wilmerhale Llp $542,618
Skadden, Arps et al $530,839
IBM Corp $528,822
Columbia University $528,302
Morgan Stanley $514,881
General Electric $499,130
US Government $494,820
Latham & Watkins $493,8

Actually, no.

You need to do a little more research than simply print numbers. That is, if you want the whole story.

Say you work at a company that has ten thousand employees. The employees hold fund raisers and bake sales and give private donations and then bundle the money together and contribute to their candidate's campaign listing the source as the company they work at. But the money doesn't come from the company itself, but from the employees.

Now say the company CEO and BOD give a large sum of money ALSO in the name of the company. But that comes from just a couple of people.

So it appears the company contributed to two campaigns, and they did. But from two very different groups of people. Personally, I relate to the employees. The Republican leadership relates to the CEO.

Unless it doesn't matter to you. Money is money no matter where it came from. That's how many Republicans see it. In that very "simple" way.

And of course, you can prove your contribution source theory.

Oh, wait, you're rderp...of course you can't.

It's idiots like you who excused Hilly's thousand-dollar donations from Chinese restaurant waiters and dishwashers:

The Washington Monthly

From your article:

There are no smoking guns in the Times story, but they're sure doing their best to find one.

And the fact is they have no intent of realizing the goals on the social conservative agenda, that would take away the issues used to whip the Base into a frenzy just before an election.
Sounds like the Dems and their intention to "help" people by giving them just enough government money to remain dependent, but not enough to get off assistance.

It only "sounds" that way because of that tiny voice you keep hearing. You've been told to keep up with the meds. That "tiny voice" goes away. And remember, it's "wrong" to kill your co-workers.

Is Goldman Obama's Enron? No, it's worse

Campaign contributions from Goldman Sachs employees to President Obama are nearly seven times as much as President Bush received from Enron workers, according to numbers on OpenSecrets.org.

President Bush's connections to Enron were well-hyped during the company's accounting debacle that rippled through the economy. Time magazine even had an article called, "Bush's Enron Problem." The Associated Press ran with the headline, "Bush-backing Enron makes big money off crisis." David Callaway wrote that Enron for Bush was worse than Whitewater for Clinton.

In 2002, the New York Times wrote: "President Bush is seeking to play down his relationship with Enron's embattled chairman, Kenneth L. Lay. But their ties are broad and deep and go back many years, and the relationship has been beneficial to both." (h/t Lachlan Markey)

But the mere $151,722.42 (inflation adjusted) in contributions from Enron-affiliated executives, employees, and PACs to Bush hardly add up to Obama's $1,007,370.85 (inflation adjusted) from Goldman-affiliated executives and employees. That's also not taking into account how much Goldman contributed to Obama cabinet member Hillary Clinton ($415,595.63 inflation adjusted), which was itself almost three times as much as Bush received as well.​

I hear you

Barack Obama (D)
Top Contributors

U of California $1,591,395
Goldman Sachs $994,795
Harvard University $854,747
Microsoft Corp $833,617
Google Inc $803,436
Citigroup Inc $701,290
JPMorgan Chase & Co $695,132
Time Warner $590,084
Sidley Austin LLP $588,598
Stanford University $586,557
National Amusements Inc $551,683
UBS AG $543,219
Wilmerhale Llp $542,618
Skadden, Arps et al $530,839
IBM Corp $528,822
Columbia University $528,302
Morgan Stanley $514,881
General Electric $499,130
US Government $494,820
Latham & Watkins $493,8

Go ahead and make a list of donors to the gop/bagger party....Go ahead!:lol:

as well

Funny how that works...

There are a lot of black conservatives in the Democrats party. You missed the part in the previous post where I said:

for and against gay marriage
for and against abortion rights

Funny how that works. Oops.

Obama biggest recipient of BP cash

BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics. Donations come from a mix of employees and the company’s political action committees — $2.89 million flowed to campaigns from BP-related PACs and about $638,000 came from individuals.​

So with the Democrats in power

9.2 unemployment is a gov't success

Good to know
:razz:

From 10.1 it is. But where are Republican policies that would help jobs growth?

Once again, "oops".

as well

Funny how that works...

There are a lot of black conservatives in the Democrats party. You missed the part in the previous post where I said:

for and against gay marriage
for and against abortion rights

Funny how that works. Oops.

Really I don't know

Can you name some?

Forum List

Back