What is it GOP leaders are doing that generates such strong support from their base?

So it appears the company contributed to two campaigns, and they did. But from two very different groups of people. Personally, I relate to the employees. The Republican leadership relates to the CEO.

Unless it doesn't matter to you. Money is money no matter where it came from. That's how many Republicans see it. In that very "simple" way.

Dean i can guarantee you that if a company gave the Democrats 50 million bucks......the Democratic Leadership will relate to the CEO......are you that blind that you cant see that?....

Well, for one thing, the 'base' is obsessed with abortion. The GOP's empty promises about ending legal abortion keep those people loyal to the party.
Correct, it’s the promise of things to do and oppose – the social conservative hot-button issues: abortion, school prayer and separation of church and State, same-sex marriage, etc.

And the fact is they have no intent of realizing the goals on the social conservative agenda, that would take away the issues used to whip the Base into a frenzy just before an election.

Ahhhh, The TEA Party! Nice dodge. Originally, you said the GOP. Now it's the Tea Party.

Not really – since they’re one in the same.

Once you get past your partisan bias, you may once again see reality.

Since 1989, the health insurance industry has given current members of Congress $39.5 million, with Democrats collecting 52 percent of that. Sen. Chris Dodd (D-Conn.) has collected the most from the companies at $767,800, followed by Rep. John Boehner (R-Ohio), whose health insurance money adds up to $737,260. President Obama received $1.3 million from the industry in the 2008 election cycle (and $1.4 million if you include his Senate fundraising). Among health insurers, Blue Cross/Blue Shield and AFLAC have made the greatest contributions to current members of Congress over time at $7 million and $5.7 million, respectively.
Health Insurers Owe Policyholders, But Pay Congress Instead - OpenSecrets Blog | OpenSecrets

Barack Obama (D) P $1,427,180
Chris Dodd (D-Conn) S $767,841
John Boehner (R-Ohio)H $737,260
Hillary Clinton (D-NY) S $697,351
John McCain (R) S $684,787
John Kerry (D-Mass) S $680,184
Max Baucus (D-Mont) S $655,899
Earl Pomeroy (D-ND) H $611,554
Ben Nelson (D-Neb) S $522,546
Mitch McConnell (R-Ky)S $520,327
Charles B. Rangel (D-NY)H $490,098
John Ensign (R-Nev) S $477,620
Eric Cantor (R-Va) H $461,850
Joe Lieberman (I-Conn)S $449,066
Evan Bayh (D-Ind) S $448,938
Roy Blunt (R-Mo) H $425,378
Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa)S $422,149

Dude....try being a little honest, both parties are in the pockets of healthcare providers.

From the company PAC or from the people who work there? Think about why that makes a difference.

You should try reading the article and you would have had your answer, deen'o. Bottom line......the dems hold the edge.

His company's employees and PAC have given members of the committee $206,300

Think about why that makes a difference. And next time, you read the article before you tell me to.

You mean you think the bottom 55% of Americans are Republicans?
Cause - that is who doesn't pay any income taxes.

Red States are much more poor than Blue States. What does that tell you?
We've linked to government reports many times showing how money flows from Blue States to Red States. It's not something that can be denied. What do we do to change that?

and yet the biggest most powerful blue State is slowly dying......why is that Dean?....

Because they are being drained of money for Red States? I thought that was obvious.

So it appears the company contributed to two campaigns, and they did. But from two very different groups of people. Personally, I relate to the employees. The Republican leadership relates to the CEO.

Unless it doesn't matter to you. Money is money no matter where it came from. That's how many Republicans see it. In that very "simple" way.

Dean i can guarantee you that if a company gave the Democrats 50 million bucks......the Democratic Leadership will relate to the CEO......are you that blind that you cant see that?....

If the "company" gave them 50 million bucks. But what about the money that comes from that companies "employees"? You think politicians don't know where their money comes from? They may say they don't, but they do. Every penny.

Politician support people way different than they do corporations. See "Democrats" and "Republicans". The US Chamber of Commerce gives more than 90% to Republicans. Where do you think their money comes from? The information is out there and easy to find. If Republicans value corporations over America's individuals, then fine. That's their values. They should be proud those they support are doing so well.

U.S. Chamber of Commerce

The chamber’s increasingly aggressive role — including record spending in the midterm elections that supports Republicans more than 90 percent of the time — has made it a target of critics, including a few local chamber affiliates who fear it has become too partisan and hard-nosed in its fund-raising.

Title of thread:

What is it GOP leaders are doing that generates such strong support from their base?

Still waiting for that one thing. Page 6

You don't exactly come over as Mr Nice Guy either, rdean. Shocking I know, but it's true. You come over as someone who hates other based on nothing more than their political views. Sick shit.

You make me laugh with your classic stereotyping of others... while totally failing to realize that you actually fit the stereotype of a mindless left wing hack.

My advice.... avoid stereotyping your fellow man. Most of us are still individuals.

she has got you there Dean.....

team sport in a league with two shitty teams but with fanatics.

you americans need at least 4 viable political parties. and get rid of the winner takes it all election system.

that will never happen here LK......do you think most of the posters here will vote outside the big 2?.....i vote 3rd Party just about every time now......and i get told i am wasting my vote.....with that attitude....no 3rd or 4th Party will ever succeed.....

Exactly. The Right loves to claim that giving handouts to the Poor discourages them from going and getting a job, or a better job.

If you believe that, then charity does the same, yet, they're always squawking about charity.

btw, if charity can do everything government social assistance, healthcare, etc., can do,

how come it never does?

It is not government's job to take care of people. You lefties can't seem to get a handle on that concept.

Actually that's the only job of the government, if you think about it.
Carb is right.....everything they do is basically catering or caring for the populace......even the Constitutionally mandated ones....

Red States are much more poor than Blue States. What does that tell you?
We've linked to government reports many times showing how money flows from Blue States to Red States. It's not something that can be denied. What do we do to change that?

and yet the biggest most powerful blue State is slowly dying......why is that Dean?....

Because they are being drained of money for Red States? I thought that was obvious.

and yet i have told you that every politician i have heard,Articals from the papers here.....no one ever mentions that point.......i listened to Gov. Brown talk about the budget.....i never heard him mention that......but yet you insist thats why.....show me one of your links where someone in California Politics mentions that....

If the "company" gave them 50 million bucks. But what about the money that comes from that companies "employees"? You think politicians don't know where their money comes from? They may say they don't, but they do. Every penny.

Politician support people way different than they do corporations. See "Democrats" and "Republicans". The US Chamber of Commerce gives more than 90% to Republicans. Where do you think their money comes from? The information is out there and easy to find. If Republicans value corporations over America's individuals, then fine. That's their values. They should be proud those they support are doing so well.

U.S. Chamber of Commerce

The chamber’s increasingly aggressive role — including record spending in the midterm elections that supports Republicans more than 90 percent of the time — has made it a target of critics, including a few local chamber affiliates who fear it has become too partisan and hard-nosed in its fund-raising.

nice dance Dean.....if GE say gives 50 million and 5 of that was from the employees....guess who the Democratic party is going to cater too?.....

Anybody with a brain can tell by their POLICIES that the Dems are LESS in corporate pockets. Duh. Campaign donations are a joke anyway,not much relatively. It's the amount they spend on LOBBYISTS that is many times that, and that'show corporate money ends up being 30-50x as much as union/environmental money. At last guess, thanks to Pub/Supreme court laws...

Republicans 2012: We're not Obama

So you couldn't think of anything either?

Are you kidding? What else do we need?! Obama's is a stupid whiny little crybaby.

Maybe we can run on "Hope" and "Change" that appeal to the under 80 IQ crowd

Meh! The Republican party have proven they cannot govern!!! Unless of course its on behalf of the corporations at the expense of We The People.

They can’t get anything done without trying to ram it down the throats of those NOT-IN-POWER. When they don’t get their way, then they want to whine about feelings hurt and bipartisanship or they simply take their toys and go home crying like li'l bitches.

Is it me that notices when the Rethugs don’t get their way, they accuse the POTUS of being partisan, especially when he breaks out the twelve-pack of whip azz and gives you a front row seat to receive it? :clap2:

So you couldn't think of anything either?

Are you kidding? What else do we need?! Obama's is a stupid whiny little crybaby.

Maybe we can run on "Hope" and "Change" that appeal to the under 80 IQ crowd

Meh! The Republican party have proven they cannot govern!!! Unless of course its on behalf of the corporations at the expense of We The People.

They can’t get anything done without trying to ram it down the throats of those NOT-IN-POWER. When they don’t get their way, then they want to whine about feelings hurt and bipartisanship or they simply take their toys and go home crying like li'l bitches.

Is it me that notices when the Rethugs don’t get their way, they accuse the POTUS of being partisan, especially when he breaks out the twelve-pack of whip azz and gives you a front row seat to receive it? :clap2:

Obama? Whip ass? LOL He said bank atms kicked his ass! LOL

Forum List

Back