What is it GOP leaders are doing that generates such strong support from their base?

I know

The Republicans hardly in power for six months in one house of congress
stopped the "Papa Obama Job Machine" right before it was going to peak
:eusa_whistle:

OK, from 2001 to 2006. Republicans had both houses and the presidency for six straight years. What did they do that was so good?

They didn't wreck the economy. That's what they did that was so good.

Where is the Democrat budget? They held total control until January of this year so why was there no budget?

Where are Papa Obama's actual spending cuts
Has anyone seen them, I can't seem to find the actual cuts in the MSM

Red States are much more poor than Blue States. What does that tell you?
We've linked to government reports many times showing how money flows from Blue States to Red States. It's not something that can be denied. What do we do to change that?

you are hopeless dude....

You mean you didn't know? Seriously? I thought everyone knew this by now.

2987025203_fc2c517522_o.jpg

You are such a dumb fuck....... do you honestly believe that such a thing exists....... red states and blue states? Do you really believe that states that vote with a majority Republican are only Republican? What the fuck is wrong with you? Public schooling failure.

Not sure what the point is about Lyndon LaRouche. Go to his website and they have Obama dressed as Hitler. Does that mean he supports Obama?

LaRouchePAC

They are a "creature" of the Democrats

LaRouche ran for the Democratic nomination for President of the United States seven times, beginning in 1980.

And yet, I hadn't even heard the name for at least 15 years. Big impact.

Well if you get most of your news from the MSM, it is no surprise.

I mean come on. Listening to the MSM, one might even think 9.2 percent unemployment is good
or at least, "unexpected"
:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
I know

OK, from 2001 to 2006. Republicans had both houses and the presidency for six straight years. What did they do that was so good?

and Bush had a avg unemployment of 5.2 percent
your point

I bet that 5.2 would look really good now
Damn, historically you only need 7.2 or lower to increase the chances of getting Papa Obama elected

That was the unemployment when he went into office. Then there were the trillions in tax cuts. It propped up a failing economy. And the deregulation of Wall Street which led to the mortgage market being moved to Wall Street and that created a bubble. When he left office, we were losing jobs at the rate of 700,000 to 800,000 jobs a month. It was why Bush passed Tarp. His economic policies had failed. He knew it. Republicans knew it.

Failure in an economy as large as ours doesn't happen overnight. It takes years before the effects of those policies "catch up".

What is it GOP leaders are doing that generates such strong support from their base
?

They embraced the Christian right's POV on social issues.

They quite correctly point out the exesses of the Dems rather twisted version of liberalism.

They pander to the prejudices and conciets of people who are fearful of change.

FWIW, the Dems employ very much the same techiques, only their base's POV is different

your point

Damn, historically you only need 7.2 or lower to increase the chances of getting Papa Obama elected

That was the unemployment when he went into office. Then there were the trillions in tax cuts. It propped up a failing economy. And the deregulation of Wall Street which led to the mortgage market being moved to Wall Street and that created a bubble. When he left office, we were losing jobs at the rate of 700,000 to 800,000 jobs a month. It was why Bush passed Tarp. His economic policies had failed. He knew it. Republicans knew it.

Failure in an economy as large as ours doesn't happen overnight. It takes years before the effects of those policies "catch up".

Too funny the same false left mantra- deregulation
Please everyone knows it was Frannie and Freddie, two highly regulated entities, that brought us the bubble
Don't you guys have anything new ?

Obama voted for TARP and extended it
Besides, it was paid back, what is your point?

Bush policies failed? Then why did Papa Obama extend Bush tax cuts?

Sorry that was still his average
You can look it up if you want

Truth is hard for the Left; in fact it is their worst enemy

You really need some new material

Last edited:
I know

Where is the Democrat budget? They held total control until January of this year so why was there no budget?

Ah, but they did wreck the economy. Like I said, it takes years for bad policy to affect an economy as large as ours. Moving the mortgage market to Wall Street, the trillions in tax cuts while waging two wars, the scandalous prescription drugs for votes bill Republicans passed through reconciliation, moving millions of jobs to China, these things take years before they bring down and economy as large as ours. Then it takes years to dig us out of this mess.

He is willing to put Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security on the table. Republicans could have had a huge victory and they walked away. Please explain why they did that, it's never been clear to me.

He is willing to put Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security on the table. Republicans could have had a huge victory and they walked away. Please explain why they did that, it's never been clear to me.

Which day was that?. He's is very fluid day to day....what's on the table today is off tomorrow.

Again, exactly what?

Besides, Papa ObamaCare is going to take 500 billion from Medicare anyway
What is left to take?

Ah, but they did wreck the economy. Like I said, it takes years for bad policy to affect an economy as large as ours. Moving the mortgage market to Wall Street, the trillions in tax cuts while waging two wars, the scandalous prescription drugs for votes bill Republicans passed through reconciliation, moving millions of jobs to China, these things take years before they bring down and economy as large as ours. Then it takes years to dig us out of this mess.

Really, if the Left thinks Papa Obama is going to win reelection
They are going to need more than "Bush Did It"

Wars- again the Left needs some new material

Under President Obama, government will spend more on welfare in a single year than President George W. Bush spent on the war in Iraq during his entire presidency. According to the Congressional Research Service, the cost of the Iraq war through the end of the Bush Administration was around $622 billion. By contrast, annual federal and state means-tested welfare spending will reach $888 billion in FY 2010. Federal welfare spending alone will equal $697 billion in that y

It is bad enough Papa Obama has to do this when his teleprompter breaks

obamahand-i2146.jpg

Last edited:
you are hopeless dude....

You mean you didn't know? Seriously? I thought everyone knew this by now.

2987025203_fc2c517522_o.jpg

You are such a dumb fuck....... do you honestly believe that such a thing exists....... red states and blue states? Do you really believe that states that vote with a majority Republican are only Republican? What the fuck is wrong with you? Public schooling failure.

Yes, there are Red States and Blue States. They are the states where the political parties are the most powerful. It's why maps such as these exist:

pennmap1.JPG

Sure, they shift and change, a little. But they stay pretty much the same over the long run.

I mean come on. Listening to the MSM, one might even think 9.2 percent unemployment is good

I get my news from a variety of sources. I even watch Fox until I cant' take the lies. After all Fox sued for the right to lie since they feel they are an "opinion" network and not really news.

I get my news from a variety of sources. I even watch Fox until I cant' take the lies. After all Fox sued for the right to lie since they feel they are an "opinion" network and not really news.

Well they must not be very good based on the same stale material you keep using over and over and over....

What is it GOP leaders are doing that generates such strong support from their base
?

They embraced the Christian right's POV on social issues.

They quite correctly point out the exesses of the Dems rather twisted version of liberalism.

They pander to the prejudices and conciets of people who are fearful of change.

FWIW, the Dems employ very much the same techiques, only their base's POV is different

Actually, you get strong disagreement within the Democratic Party. Like I listed before on gay marriage, stem cell research from fetuses, the wars, abortion rights.

Then I linked to criticism of Obama from Ed Schultz, Rachel Maddow and others.

Democrats are a coalition party made up of many types of people. Not so with the Republican Party. Republicans are basically two groups, very rich and middle to lower class poor with 90% white. I'm not saying all Republicans are in those two groups, just the vast majority.

And still, Republicans can't say what their leadership has done for the base.

When you mean "on the table" do you mean that Obama will withhold Social Security checks until he gets his way?

When you mean "on the table" do you mean that Obama will withhold Social Security checks until he gets his way?

Ouch!

Really, the Left has been telling us for years that the money is there
Papa Obama went to go get SS money and all he found was an
old yellowing IOU

Good thing it was regulated...

Last edited:
your point

Too funny the same false left mantra- deregulation
Please everyone knows it was Frannie and Freddie, two highly regulated entities, that brought us the bubble
Don't you guys have anything new ?

Obama voted for TARP and extended it
Besides, it was paid back, what is your point?

Bush policies failed? Then why did Papa Obama extend Bush tax cuts?

Sorry that was still his average
You can look it up if you want

Truth is hard for the Left; in fact it is their worst enemy

You really need some new material

Actually, Republicans deregulated Wall Street. After an accounting scandal, FF stopped giving out mortgages. It was during that time more than 70% of the mortgage market was MOVED to Wall Street, where they were given to anyone who wanted one. Wall Street bundled those mortgages and sold them overseas as "securities" and "insured" those same securities. Hence, the name "derivatives". You heard that word spoken a lot when it comes to the housing collapse. Now you know why. Insurance companies were forced to "pay up". This is why large insurance companies went belly up. And why Wall Street gained so much money.

I don't know how else to describe the economic melt down. Once the mortgage market was moved to Wall Street, FF had nothing to do with it.

Obama extended the Bush tax cuts because Republicans said they were going to cut off unemployment for millions of Americans if he didn't. It was only a few months ago. Don't you remember when Republicans were arguing against extending unemployment benefits? Suddenly they gave in? They didn't give in, they were holding those millions of American hostage if Obama didn't give in. What was he supposed to do? Let millions of unemployed suffer when they lost their jobs under the Bush administration?

Please, tell me where I'm wrong. It's not like I haven't linked to this stuff many times before.

Yep

Frannie and Freddie had nothing to do with ii?
Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac have an implied leverage ratio of anywhere from 60:1 to 200:1.
This would never happen in the private market

same old material of the left

No matter how many times you post it, it does not become any more truthful

The left better hope the economy improves
I mean come on

You have nothing new to offer the US public ?

we see how well this leftist mantra worked
last election

Last edited:

Forum List

Back