What is it about the anti-gun crowd?

That was a limp response.
:roll:
As the desert said to the grain of sand.
You looking at that bass ackwards?
No. I made a perfectly valid point in response to your petulant commentary, and your response to that perfectly valid point was, well, useless.

How -valliant- of your to leave an organization that you belonged to for years because people you don't agree with joined up and changed things. You deserve a medal.

:roll:
As the desert said to the grain of sand.
No. I made a perfectly valid point in response to your petulant commentary, and your response to that perfectly valid point was, well, useless.

How -valliant- of your to leave an organization that you belonged to for years because people you don't agree with joined up and changed things. You deserve a medal.

Aww go peddle your bullets.

btw is was not new guys joing and changing things it was several already there who have been programmed by the rhetoric in the last few years.
I watched the transformation and did not like what I saw.

You are wrong in your assumption yet again.

Last edited:
Arguments pro and con gun control are emotional and therein is the problem. My take on guns and the law:

Any sane, sober, non-criminal adult has an absolute right to own, have in his or her custody and control a firearm in there own home or business.
Every business owner has the absolute right to deny access to anyone carrying a fireare.
Everyone who wants to carry a firearm in public, either openly or concealed, must be licensed by the County or Parish Sheriff's Dept acting under policies set forth by the State Attorney General.
Any act where a weapon is drawn and or discharged (unless such action is at a licensed shooting range or club) must be documented, in writing, and submitted to the Sheriff, a copy of which is to be sent to the State Dept. of Justice.
Any licensed person arrested for any felony, any crime of violence, any drug or alcohol offense, or detained on a civil order based on behavior which represents a danger to themselves or others shall suffer a suspension or revocaton of the license to carry.
Anyone not licensed and found to be in possession, cutody or control of a firearm is guilty of a felony, punishable by not less than 30 days in the county jail and five years probaton, with a state prison suspended condiition; any person whose license is suspended or revoked and found to be in possession or have custody and control of a firearm shall be committed to the State Prison.

Last edited:

btw is was not new guys joing and changing things it was several already there who have been programmed by the rhetoric in the last few years.
I watched the transformation and did not like what I saw.
Like I said - how valliant of you.

-Any licensed person arrested for any felony, any crime of violence, any drug or alcohol offense, or detained on a civil order based on behavior which represents a danger to themselves or others shall suffer a suspension or revocaton of the license to carry.
Anyone not licensed and found to be in possession, cutody or control of a firearm is guilty of a felony, punishable by not less than 30 days in the county jail and five years probaton, with a state prison suspended condiition; any person whose license is suspended or revoked and found to be in possession or have custody and control of a firearm shall be committed to the State Prison.
Its not clear:
Do you require a license for simple posession, or only for carrying open/concealed in public places?

What -I- find most amusing about the anti-gun crowd - especially the anti-gun crowd on this board - is their inabaility to engage in a knowledgeable, reasoned conversation about the issue. Their posts are full of strawmen, abject ignorance, unsound reasoning, non-sequitur and ad hom, all of which, of course, is useless in a meaningful conversation among adults.

If they are so right, why can they not present a sound, knowledgeable argument?

-Any licensed person arrested for any felony, any crime of violence, any drug or alcohol offense, or detained on a civil order based on behavior which represents a danger to themselves or others shall suffer a suspension or revocaton of the license to carry.
Its not clear:
Do you require a license for simple posession, or only for carrying open/concealed in public places?

Sorry. Ownership is an absolute right, no license required. Outside of home or business, with obvious exceptions of transportng to range or gun club, transporting from business to bank or home or a licensed hunter to and from the hunting grounds.

Its not clear:

Sorry. Ownership is an absolute right, no license required. Outside of home or business, with obvious exceptions of transportng to range or gun club, transporting from business to bank or home or a licensed hunter to and from the hunting grounds.
How about to simply keep one stored in your vehicle as, say, part of your emergency kit.

OPEN CARRY IS LEGAL in many places. The first one takes 1minute 30 seconds before someone comes in with a video camera and gets visual and one guy goes a little overboard but the suspect is polite and co-operates. The second one gets a little ify. The third is just a guy explaining that open carry is a right in Ohio (where I live). And the fourth is sort of an interview with tow younger men who had an incident with police.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FWXnK5UyRI&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYGSv8dfbU0&feature=related[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-PN9M6AbUI[/ame]
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKZfa_XweBo&feature=channel[/ame]

Any act where a weapon is drawn and or discharged (unless such action is at a licensed shooting range or club) must be documented, in writing, and submitted to the Sheriff, a copy of which is to be sent to the State Dept. of Justice.

I'm focusing on just this because it highligts another issue in the gun debate. Life experiences. A lot of the anti-gun crowd (which you are not part of I know) only have one type of exposure to guns. Either seeing it on the news or in their neighborhood, but ultimately involving a gun being used to hurt or kill someone. There expereinces shape their perception and opinions about guns.

I quoted the above because based on my life experiences this is a completely ridicuous requirement. I grew up in an area where I would bet there were probably 50 guns within a mile square area. How many people were killed as a result of gun violence in that same area. ZERO. I grew up in rural northern Minnesota about 10 miles north of a town of about 10,000. In fly over country most people are using their guns for hunting or shooting sports. During deer and duck season you'll hear hudreds of guns a day go off. None in violence to humans. My point is it is wholly unrealistic or even worth while to record and investigate every single gun discharge. I know it's hard for some to believe, but the primary use for most guns out there (in the U.S. anyway) is NOT to hurt people.

I'm focusing on just this because it highligts another issue in the gun debate. Life experiences. A lot of the anti-gun crowd (which you are not part of I know) only have one type of exposure to guns. Either seeing it on the news or in their neighborhood, but ultimately involving a gun being used to hurt or kill someone. There expereinces shape their perception and opinions about guns.

I quoted the above because based on my life experiences this is a completely ridicuous requirement. I grew up in an area where I would bet there were probably 50 guns within a mile square area. How many people were killed as a result of gun violence in that same area. ZERO. I grew up in rural northern Minnesota about 10 miles north of a town of about 10,000. In fly over country most people are using their guns for hunting or shooting sports. During deer and duck season you'll hear hudreds of guns a day go off. None in violence to humans. My point is it is wholly unrealistic or even worth while to record and investigate every single gun discharge. I know it's hard for some to believe, but the primary use for most guns out there (in the U.S. anyway) is NOT to hurt people.
I -think- this requirement is only for a firearm discharged in the course of concealed carry.

Its not clear:

How about to simply keep one stored in your vehicle as, say, part of your emergency kit.

Nope. Too many fender benders create the atmosphere for a confrontation. Iif one has a license to carry they can carry in a private vehicle legally.

Last edited:
Laws on carrying guns in vehicles vary from state to state.
Some must be locked up if loaded or they must be carried unloaded and the ammo locked up, or in open sight, etc.
Know you gun laws for you state and for states you travel in.

KY is an open carry state. I think some cities ban it though.
You do get strange looks and no one gives you any hassle though with a .45 auto strapped on.

Last edited:
My point, besides the obvious one that you are an idiot?

Show me where anyone on the left advocates you having a forced abortion. And keep in mind, Reagan and Poppa Bush were not on the left.
Do you know anything about the history of Planned Parenthood?

That wasn't the question. Who today is advocating for forced abortion?

Eugenics, btw, was fad 'science' of sorts in the early 20th century, with a widespread following well beyond the oft referenced Sanger.
O rly?

Go on, I want you to try to teach me about eugenics...

:lol:

is it wrong to not own a gun?

Of course not. WTF????? See, you libs gotta understand, if we don't agre with you, we don't DEMAND that you COMPLY with our stance. Own a gun, don't own a gun... I really don't care.

I belonged to a hunting/shooting club for many years. Recently the Tea Party types took over and started requiring NRA membership to belong to the club.

What if you were GOA and not NRA?

Arguments pro and con gun control are emotional and therein is the problem. My take on guns and the law:

Any sane, sober, non-criminal adult has an absolute right to own, have in his or her custody and control a firearm in there own home or business.

So... a .50 cal automatic with exploding rounds?

What about an m4? Grenage launcher underneath? Mortar? Big Bertha? Is the Davey Crockett considered a firearm? It's just a big gun with an exploding round, right? I mean the Army called it a rifle.

Surely we can agree to some sort of limitations here.

I -think- this requirement is only for a firearm discharged in the course of concealed carry.

My understanding is that, at least where I live, if a firearm is discharged within city limits, it becomes a police matter, as doing so outside of a shooting range, self-defense, etc [you know, the obvious things] is a crime

Forum List

Back