What is it about the anti-gun crowd?

If you can't trust a felon or the insane with a gun, you keep them locked away from the free society until you do. You don't take citizen's rights away.

Bullshit....a violent felon if released should have that right taken away.....he commited a violent crime,now he can reap the rewards.....

Why are violent felons being released at all? If they have proven that they cannot be among society without posing a threat to others then they should stay in jail or be executed. Then we really wouldn't have to worry about this. Why do we hear about criminals with rap sheets a mile long? The justice system in this country is a total joke.

My point, besides the obvious one that you are an idiot?

Show me where anyone on the left advocates you having a forced abortion. And keep in mind, Reagan and Poppa Bush were not on the left.
Do you know anything about the history of Planned Parenthood?
Yes. If Margret Sanger was a liberal is open for debate. Regardless, your spurious thinking that then equals now is a stupid as the spurious thinking of people that claim liberals support slavery because Lincoln was a Republican.

So, answer the question.
You didn't even ask a question, moron.

There should be no law barring a citizen from owing a gun. As I have stated several times, when you limit someone else's rights, you have just limited your own. We should be a free society without any restrictions on the 2nd Amendment, all gun laws should be rescinded and the 2nd Amendment restored to mean, "Shall not be infringed."

If you can't trust a felon or the insane with a gun, you keep them locked away from the free society until you do. You don't take citizen's rights away.

Bullshit....a violent felon if released should have that right taken away.....he commited a violent crime,now he can reap the rewards.....

They allready have. The second a person is convicted of a felony they lose the right to own firearms save in very rare circumstances. There are 10 misdemeanors that will lose you the right to have one as well. Also a TRO will take your gun rights away for at least a short while. There are many ways for someone to lose the right to have firearms.
i know that...but Shintao says they should not have that right taken away....

Why are violent felons being released at all? If they have proven that they cannot be among society without posing a threat to others then they should stay in jail or be executed. Then we really wouldn't have to worry about this. Why do we hear about criminals with rap sheets a mile long? The justice system in this country is a total joke.

you bet its a joke.....my late Brother-in-Law was a 3 time prison guy....while in he said there were guys in for violent crimes who would slice your throat for 50 bucks who do less than 10 years and get off for good behavior.....while there were guys in there for selling or possessing 5 pounds of pot who were doing 15 to 25 years.....who seem to have been forgotten....

Were it not for guns and the willingness to do necessary violence there would not be an America. Guns are an endemic part of the American culture. Those who choose to remain unarmed in a nation where guns are such a prevalent reality are by choice the metaphor of declawed cats.

Owning a gun, places one on equal footing with others who own guns. Having a gun and not needing it is far better than needing a gun and not having it.

Most of the anti-gun persons I've known know nothing about guns, or are afraid of guns, or would not be inclined to defend themselves under any circumstances, or all three. Unfortunately, too many of those who legislate gun-control laws inhabit that category. The laws they write are stupid and effect little more than annoyance and inconvenience.

It is virtually certain that many stupid gun laws will be proposed as a result of the Tuscon shooting and, sadly, some of them will be enacted.

Yes. If Margret Sanger was a liberal is open for debate. Regardless, your spurious thinking that then equals now is a stupid as the spurious thinking of people that claim liberals support slavery because Lincoln was a Republican.

So, answer the question.
You didn't even ask a question, moron.

"Show me where anyone on the left advocates you having a forced abortion"

Given the twisted logic die-hard gun supporters use, guns are the solution for the problems they cause. There is no way to argue with that kind of circular reasoning. It can be amusing to read the many different ways people can find to avoid the obvious solution.
How do you propose to get criminals to start obeying the law?

Gun laws disarm only the law-abiding and remove their means of self-defense.

Given the twisted logic die-hard gun supporters use, guns are the solution for the problems they cause. There is no way to argue with that kind of circular reasoning. It can be amusing to read the many different ways people can find to avoid the obvious solution.

It's very easy to argue against a false premise though........like yours.

I love how you anti-gun folks have to paint people who support gun ownership as 'gun lovers' and 'die hard gun supporters'. Will I try to defend my right to own a gun? Of course. Does that mean I have a love affair and/or are obsessed with guns? No. To me this is about as ridiculous as calling someone a hair dryer lover just because someone would just as soon not have government confiscate their hair dryer.

And we don't argue that guns are the solutions for the problems they cause. That's another false premise. An inanimate object can't cause anything. People are the problem not guns. And the only time in which gun supporters support using guns to solve a human problem is when those humans choose to jeoparidize their lives.

Most on the left want everyone to comply with their version of murdering babies via abortion. Your point?

Show me where anyone on the left advocates you having a forced abortion. And keep in mind, Reagan and Poppa Bush were not on the left.

That wasn't the question. Who today is advocating for forced abortion?

Eugenics, btw, was fad 'science' of sorts in the early 20th century, with a widespread following well beyond the oft referenced Sanger.

That wasn't the question. Who today is advocating for forced abortion?

Eugenics, btw, was fad 'science' of sorts in the early 20th century, with a widespread following well beyond the oft referenced Sanger.

The Chinese still have forced abortion for couples who allready have on child.

Laws aren't meant to prevent all crime; they are meant to prevent some crime. The right of individuals to bear arms is settled law now; that doesn't mean that reasonable restrictions can't be considered.
I'm for any and every gun control law that does two things:

- Keeps guns from criminals
- Doesnt infringe on the rights of the law abiding.

Let me know when you find one.

In 2004, under the Republicans, the ban on assault weapons expired. Included in that bill were extended clips. This was why the shooter was able to shoot 33 shots in semi automatic mode without changing clips.

I don't understand why Republicans don't just go all the way and legalize plastic guns that can get past "metal detectors" and "special rounds" that penetrate bullet proof vests.
I absolutely LOVE it when anti-gun loons post things like this.
Their ignorance of the subject entertains me to no end.

is it wrong to not own a gun?

Of course not. WTF????? See, you libs gotta understand, if we don't agre with you, we don't DEMAND that you COMPLY with our stance. Own a gun, don't own a gun... I really don't care.

I belonged to a hunting/shooting club for many years. Recently the Tea Party types took over and started requiring NRA membership to belong to the club. Started having the pledge and prayer before each meeting...

I quit the club.
They asked me why, I told them it was getting too much like Fox News.

We had succesfully kept religion and politics out of the club for decades...
Then Came the baggers...
Well they can have it.

is it wrong to not own a gun?

Of course not. WTF????? See, you libs gotta understand, if we don't agre with you, we don't DEMAND that you COMPLY with our stance. Own a gun, don't own a gun... I really don't care.

I belonged to a hunting/shooting club for many years. Recently the Tea Party types took over and started requiring NRA membership to belong to the club. Started having the pledge and prayer before each meeting...

I quit the club.

Then Came the baggers...
Well they can have it.
Weclome to the Right to Voluntary Association - remember that it works both ways.

I quit the club.

Then Came the baggers...
Well they can have it.
Weclome to the Right to Voluntary Association - remember that it works both ways.

That was a limp response.

They will miss the couple of grand a year I donated to the club.
Yep it does work both ways.

Forum List

Back