What is it about Jesus?

Here's the thing, the Jesus myth has no solid evidence to support it, so you can't expect everyone to believe in what a book written by someone says on the matter. History of that area states that the name was as common as the name John was here in America a short time ago, so it's possible that the myth was about a lot of people, and prophets at that time were also a dime a dozen. If someone wants to believe in the myth, that's fine, that's their choice, but you cannot expect anyone else to take it seriously ... at least not anymore serious than you take pentacles, candles, ghosts, ghouls, Yule trees, etc.. ;)

I wouldn't be too fast to say that KK....

The Shroud of Turin
3903142614_6fa1222663_o.jpg

I won't go into detail of why that's not proof here, as I said, if you want to believe that's your choice, just remember that when you want to see a miracle, everything looks like one. ;)

There is also the same level of proof that buildings are haunted, that aliens have visited (discounting the obvious hoaxes), etc..

It's not proof of who it is, granted. But they know it came from the time when Jesus was alive. It shows a man with blood on his brow, his hands and his feet, and has a puncture wound in his side. It is purported to be the clothe that Jesus was wrapped in after he was crucified. So although they can't prove it is, they can't disprove it either, and they still don't know how it was created, and they have no idea how to duplicate it either, even with all of modern day mans high tech.

And I believe in ghosts. I've got a video of one that I took in the Silver Queen hotel in Virginia City, Nevada. A ball of light popped out of the wall on one side of a darkened hall, purposely floated across and slightly up to the other side of the hall and disappeared into the other wall. This right after my son says' he saw a face pop out of the wall and look at him, and immediately before the ball of light emerged said, "there's something all over down there by those doors." He was IN TUNE with the spirit world that day... :D

It's a scary video... I ought to send it to you as a data file, 'cause I'm not lying.

Last edited:
Going to address you both without quoting, because I am also keeping it simple and avoiding a huge debate on who's religion is right. ;)

JenT: It's the commonness that makes many of us doubt the writings, as well as the fact that we only have that one recounting of a specific person. Again, you can believe in it, just don't expect others to take it as it is.

Pale: That was part of my point, anything you have to "take as faith" can be interpreted by others differently, no matter how true or accurate it is, that is the nature of faith. As for the spirits, I have never seen any evidence of hauntings myself, my best friend swears they're real to, but I've been to some of the "most haunted" places in the US and ... well ... nothing. One psychic in Louisiana said I am a "ghost pacifier" and that my presence simply drained them for some reason. But meh, maybe it's my skepticism, I believe in spirits, just not hauntings.

Going to address you both without quoting, because I am also keeping it simple and avoiding a huge debate on who's religion is right. ;)

JenT: It's the commonness that makes many of us doubt the writings, as well as the fact that we only have that one recounting of a specific person. Again, you can believe in it, just don't expect others to take it as it is.

Pale: That was part of my point, anything you have to "take as faith" can be interpreted by others differently, no matter how true or accurate it is, that is the nature of faith. As for the spirits, I have never seen any evidence of hauntings myself, my best friend swears they're real to, but I've been to some of the "most haunted" places in the US and ... well ... nothing. One psychic in Louisiana said I am a "ghost pacifier" and that my presence simply drained them for some reason. But meh, maybe it's my skepticism, I believe in spirits, just not hauntings.
That could be. They say ghosts will only show themselves to certain people. I've never seen one with my own eyes. The time I took that video of one I was looking at the small screen of my video camera, and the ball of light was too small to see. I didn't see it until I got home and plugged the camera into my 56" high def TV. But I watch Ghost Hunters every Wednesday night. Because as many a time as seen on there, ghost can be heard and not seen. I do believe I've heard them. And I too have been to some of the most haunted places on earth. Check out the place below. I took that picture just last year when I went down to Vegas from Reno to pick up my son. That's the Goldfield Hotel in Goldfield, Nevada, purported to be one of the top ten most haunted places IN THE WORLD...

3902426861_443a0f0558_b.jpg

That could be. They say ghosts will only show themselves to certain people. I've never seen one with my own eyes. The time I took that video of one I was looking at the small screen of my video camera, and the ball of light was too small to see. I didn't see it until I got home and plugged the camera into my 56" high def TV. But I watch Ghost Hunters every Wednesday night. Because as many a time as seen on there, ghost can be heard and not seen. I do believe I've heard them. And I too have been to some of the most haunted places on earth. Check out the place below. I took that picture just last year when I went down to Vegas from Reno to pick up my son. That's the Goldfield Hotel in Goldfield, Nevada, purported to be one of the top ten most haunted places IN THE WORLD...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3419/3902426861_443a0f0558_b.jpg

Haven't gone into that one yet, been in that area just wasn't looking for any adventures at the time. I have seen some of Ghost Hunters, but it's not my type of show really so I don't watch it unless I am at a friends house who is.

The one thing I have seen for myself, alien spacecraft ... well, UFO really. It was too high up to make out what it was, all I saw was the light, so it could have been explained away. But laying there stargazing and say two lights, thought they were stars until they started moving. Never seen any hard evidence, but that got me thinking a bit.

Haven't gone into that one yet, been in that area just wasn't looking for any adventures at the time. I have seen some of Ghost Hunters, but it's not my type of show really so I don't watch it unless I am at a friends house who is.

The one thing I have seen for myself, alien spacecraft ... well, UFO really. It was too high up to make out what it was, all I saw was the light, so it could have been explained away. But laying there stargazing and say two lights, thought they were stars until they started moving. Never seen any hard evidence, but that got me thinking a bit.

I think there's MUCH we don't know about going on around us KK, and in the heavens.

Considering the fact there are billions of other galaxies, which would make it billions if not trillions of other planets, there would be at least one other planet out there that has intelligent life on it. It would be probably a bit ignorant to dismiss the possibility they could be smarter than us.

However, if they didn't have to go through a dark age, and actually lived peacefully instead of killing one another then they could probably make space exploration possible. Heck, if I were an alien, I'm not sure I'd want to land here. I would probably be afraid I'd end up in a lab or dead.

On a side note of further evidence, just look how far we as a society have advanced technology wise in the last 20 years. Imagine what it would be 100, 200, or even 500 years from now. It boggles the mind.

Last edited:

I think there's MUCH we don't know about going on around us KK, and in the heavens.

Very much, and anyone who claims they know for sure, be it religious teacher or scientist, that claims they know all the answers is a false prophet. ;)

I ascribe to the school of thought that I'll believe it when I see it, but I will never claim it's not possible just because I haven't seen it.

Very much, and anyone who claims they know for sure, be it religious teacher or scientist, that claims they know all the answers is a false prophet. ;)

I ascribe to the school of thought that I'll believe it when I see it, but I will never claim it's not possible just because I haven't seen it.

I don't think anyone claims to know all the answers. Not even Moses. Heck, not even Jesus Christ (He once said only the Father knows)

Christians just know Who does :D

Here's the thing, the Jesus myth has no solid evidence to support it, so you can't expect everyone to believe in what a book written by someone says on the matter. History of that area states that the name was as common as the name John was here in America a short time ago, so it's possible that the myth was about a lot of people, and prophets at that time were also a dime a dozen. If someone wants to believe in the myth, that's fine, that's their choice, but you cannot expect anyone else to take it seriously ... at least not anymore serious than you take pentacles, candles, ghosts, ghouls, Yule trees, etc.. ;)

The Shroud of Turin

It's not proof of who it is, granted. But they know it came from the time when Jesus was alive..

But last week Turin's Anastasio Cardinal Ballestrero calmly announced that scientific testing proves the yellowing 14- ft.-long fabric is only six or seven centuries old and could not have dated from the time of Jesus.
Religion: Debunking The Shroud of Turin - TIME

You fucking fail again

Last edited:
OH C'MON.
Nobody hates Jesus
Or Santa, Da Toof fairy, Humpty Dumpty, or any other man made story hero.
Dr, Seuss might be hated by the Repooblicants for his somewhat gay demeanor.:eusa_whistle:

OK Fuck the big bad wolf. He was a sumbitch.:eusa_hand:

The Shroud of Turin

It's not proof of who it is, granted. But they know it came from the time when Jesus was alive..

But last week Turin's Anastasio Cardinal Ballestrero calmly announced that scientific testing proves the yellowing 14- ft.-long fabric is only six or seven centuries old and could not have dated from the time of Jesus.

You fucking fail again

JB, don't you ever sit out in the wilderness and just marvel at what has been created? Ever been to Yosemite, or Yellowstone or Red's Meadow, climb a mountain and breathe the brisk air, watch how the sun dances on a million shades of green, and even for how beautiful it is, it's always changing because the sunsets are never the same.

Fall asleep under a sky so full of stars that within about 10 minutes you can usually see a shooting star? Ever spend any time in a place like that?

(heh, or get lost in the backcountry so tired from trying to find a trail that your dogs stampede all over you that you're sleepingbag is COVERED in mud but you never even woke up?)

When I go to places like that it's like...it's like you melt into the picture like some people melt into a jacuzzi and everything that exists is shouting praise to the Creator in harmony that you can't hear with your ears.

Evidence is all around you JB. Why do conversations about God make you want to use the Fbomb so much? To have a being so Holy completely focused on you, even though He is able to focus on millions of others at the same time, He's still focused on us individually...how can you hate that?

The Shroud of Turin

You fucking fail again

JB, don't you ever sit out in the wilderness and just marvel at what has been created?

Define 'created'

Ever been to Yosemite, or Yellowstone or Red's Meadow, climb a mountain and breathe the brisk air, watch how the sun dances on a million shades of green, and even for how beautiful it is, it's always changing because the sunsets are never the same.

Actually, I look up at the sky and whether Sol, when it goes red giant, will swallow Earth whole or simply burn her to ashes. I marvel at the mesquites that carry pestilence and look out upon the human condition and marvel at the cruelty of the universe. I look into space, at a universe cold and hostile to life

Your god, btw, has has been proven false and your religious texts unreliable and internally inconsistent.
Fall asleep under a sky so full of stars that within about 10 minutes you can usually see a shooting star? Ever spend any time in a place like that?

You admire at the destruction of a thing in heat and fire? Hell must be a most beautiful place to your eyes. I wonder of the astronauts on Challenger thought the sight so beautiful after the wing tore off and they no longer had the glass to shield them from the reality which looked so gorgeous when it was it was so far from themselves.
Evidence is all around you JB.

Evidence of what, exactly? The laws of physics? The hostility of the universe? The unimportance of humanity? The assured end of any and all life n the universe?

Why do conversations about God make you want to use the Fbomb so much?

Because retarded little fucks like you show up and put an end to intelligent discussion with your meaningless drivel and glaring stupidity :eusa_angel:

Pull your head out of your ass, put down the bedtime storybook, focus on reality, and either contribute or shutup. Your kind has held humanity back long enough

JB, don't you ever sit out in the wilderness and just marvel at what has been created?

No, he doesn't Jen. He's the boards biggest piece of flee bitten, bat shit crazy, loon lake, cat crap. Don't even waste your breath on him.

How do you determine where something ranks in haunting? And who decides? :)

That kind of thing has always seemed a bit silly to me. :tongue:

How do you determine where something ranks in haunting? And who decides? :)

That kind of thing has always seemed a bit silly to me. :tongue:

It's just a rating given by how much hard evidence they have, though it's not an actual scale or anything. Even then, the hard evidence can still be suspect, what usually qualifies is anything that isn't doctored up.

Forum List

Back