what is different between republican and conservative ?

Seems to me the difference between "Republican" and "conservative" is essentially the same as "Democrat" and "progressive".

The "conservatives" and "progressives" are on the wings.

Interesting, do you find that progressives seek to expand freedom and liberty, and conservatives seek to restrict them?

Examples: Gay / Lesbian Marriage, voting rights, abortion,

Or Right to Work states, gun ownership, States Rights, and healthcare insurance????

Right to Work States
is a euphemism for Union Busting;
Guns must be kept out of the hands of some, to protect the innocent;
Obamacare reformed health care in American, tell us oh wise and wonderful con, what is wrong with it (in detail),

State's Right's, what does that really mean?

You ask about Commie Care and States Rights in the same response and can't figure it out? Does it have to hit you in the face or something?

What's wrong with Commie Care, well for one, I like millions of others lost my employers insurance because of it. Two, I'm going to file my taxes today, and guess what I can't write off because of Commie Care? That's right, my medical expenses. Three, our founders never envisioned the day when the federal government would be able to force you to buy something at the threat of taking YOUR hard earned money away. Four, now that people have to buy their own insurance, they do so with after-tax money whereas before when it was an employer benefit, it was a before tax benefit. Five, Commie Care was never meant to make sure everybody had coverage, Commie Care was designed to make as many more people dependent on the government as possible. Don't believe me, just listen to the White House when they brag they conned 14 million Americans into signing up. Only a Commie or liberal would celebrate 14 million more government dependents. Six, Commie Care was an out and out lie to begin with. Need more?????

No, I don't need more from you. Funny, I retired 10-years ago and I still am covered by my former employer, as well as Medicare and my cost has not increased. I pay the same $10 for an appointment that I pay for major surgery and every Rx is $10 too, for a 90 day supply.

I guess I made a better career choice than you.

Seems to me the difference between "Republican" and "conservative" is essentially the same as "Democrat" and "progressive".

Interesting, do you find that progressives seek to expand freedom and liberty, and conservatives seek to restrict them?

Or Right to Work states, gun ownership, States Rights, and healthcare insurance????

Right to Work States
Obamacare reformed health care in American, tell us oh wise and wonderful con, what is wrong with it (in detail),

You ask about Commie Care and States Rights in the same response and can't figure it out? Does it have to hit you in the face or something?

What's wrong with Commie Care, well for one, I like millions of others lost my employers insurance because of it. Two, I'm going to file my taxes today, and guess what I can't write off because of Commie Care? That's right, my medical expenses. Three, our founders never envisioned the day when the federal government would be able to force you to buy something at the threat of taking YOUR hard earned money away. Four, now that people have to buy their own insurance, they do so with after-tax money whereas before when it was an employer benefit, it was a before tax benefit. Five, Commie Care was never meant to make sure everybody had coverage, Commie Care was designed to make as many more people dependent on the government as possible. Don't believe me, just listen to the White House when they brag they conned 14 million Americans into signing up. Only a Commie or liberal would celebrate 14 million more government dependents. Six, Commie Care was an out and out lie to begin with. Need more?????

I think I see where your problem is. You are trying to deal with something called Commie Care when you should be taking advantage of Obama Care. Try that, and you will be much better off just like the millions of others, including myself, are better off.

A Republican is one who is a member of the GOP. A conservative is a far right member of the GOP.

There are conservative Democrats.

And conservatives are right wing, not far right wing.

You are right about one thing. There WERE conservative democrats. Back in the 60s and early 70s. There are none now.
There are still a few in Kentucky and West Virginia.
In the mid 20th century, practically all southerns were conservatives by today's standards. In general, they were strong supporters of states rights, opposed the growth of federal government except for defense, and believed Christianity had a place in government. Sound familiar?

Conservatives are republicans who are embarrassed to admit what they are.

I'm curious why you're so intent on driving those of us who aren't leftists all into the Republican party. I'd think you'd want to encourage us to split from them.

Not that I give a shit what you want me to do, you're an idiot. Just curious though why you want to drive libertarians like me and conservatives who are sick of the Republicans back.

The idea of runaway slaves just bothers you too much?

My guess, you vote for the Republican Candidate.

Well, since 1988 you would be right once and wrong five times. That's about average for you, isn't it?

It's obvious you don't vote for a Democrat, thus by default I suspect you don't vote, or vote for the Libertarian if one is on the ballot.

I was 17 in 1980, but supported Reagan. Since then:

84: Reagan
88: HW
92: Perot
96: Browne
00: Browne
04 Badarnak
08: Nader
12: Romney

Now you don't need to speculate

Right to Work States

No, I don't need more from you. Funny, I retired 10-years ago and I still am covered by my former employer, as well as Medicare and my cost has not increased. I pay the same $10 for an appointment that I pay for major surgery and every Rx is $10 too, for a 90 day supply.

I guess I made a better career choice than you.
I've been on Medicare with a Medigap supplement for a number of years. My wife and I have significant healthcare issues. We both have a half dozen doctors, in the emergency room several times a year and in hospital at lease once a year. Except for drugs, we pay nothing except except our premiums. We have never had problems finding healthcare provides that accept Medicare and have never had any medical procedure turned down by Medicare.

My son's family is on Medicaid. It's nothing like Medicare. Almost all healthcare providers say they accept Medicaid, but many are not accepting new patients or don't return phone calls about appointments. Any kind of mental healthcare services are a nightmare getting approved. It's free insurance although better than nothing, it's not good insurance.

My older daughter bought insurance off the exchange and got only a small subsidy. The coverage is excellent but the deductible is high, about $5,000, however there are are a number of free preventive services that help. If she made half as much money, it would be great insurance because the premiums would be very low.

When it comes to healthcare, conservatives seem to think that if we got government out of healthcare costs would be a fraction of what they are today. It might well be cheaper, but I think it would still be well beyond the reach of tens of millions of people.

Last edited:
A Republican is one who is a member of the GOP. A conservative is a far right member of the GOP.

You are right about one thing. There WERE conservative democrats. Back in the 60s and early 70s. There are none now.
In the mid 20th century, practically all southerns were conservatives by today's standards. In general, they were strong supporters of states rights, opposed the growth of federal government except for defense, and believed Christianity had a place in government. Sound familiar?

Correct. The problem lies in that the democrats have allowed the party to be co-opted by East Coasters and West coasters - liberal New Yorkers and Californians. Additionally, the republican party has been co-opted by "lifers" in both the House and the Senate.

• Thanks
Reactions: kaz
When it comes to healthcare, conservatives seem to think that if we got government out of healthcare costs would be a fraction of what they are today. It might well be cheaper, but I think it would still be well beyond the reach of tens of millions of people.
So when government pays for healthcare, there's no cost! gotcha

Correct. The problem lies in that the democrats have allowed the party to be co-opted by East Coasters and West coasters - liberal New Yorkers and Californians. Additionally, the republican party has been co-opted by "lifers" in both the House and the Senate.
That's no surprise. The east coast and west coast which are 51% of the US population has always been more liberal than the central parts of the country because there regions are exposed to more cultural changes from abroad and more diversity in life styles. New products and trends tend to begin on either the east or west coast and work their way across the country.

So when government pays for healthcare, there's no cost! gotcha
Of course there's cost. Government subsidized healthcare distributes the cost based on the ability of people to pay. In the US, healthcare is only partially subsided so we use insurance as mechanism to transfer the costs.

Conservatives hate workers and see them as strictly overhead, not human. Republicans may or may not see them as human. Conservatives believe in the dollar even over life in the very end. Republicans more tolerant.

Right to Work States

I think I see where your problem is. You are trying to deal with something called Commie Care when you should be taking advantage of Obama Care. Try that, and you will be much better off just like the millions of others, including myself, are better off.

If you are better off, it means taxpayers are paying for part or most of your care. Trust me, I looked into Commie Care. It's a disaster.

The cost of a decent plan is about the cost to rent an apartment, pay a mortgage, pay a loan on an expensive car or truck. Most people don't have that kind of extra loot laying around after all the bills are paid.

No, we would be better off if there was no such thing as Hussein. Millions of us would still have our health insurance today as we've had all of our lives. And of course, those of us who now have to pay for private insurance with after tax money that is responsible for your lower cost plan are now working just to put food on the table, a roof over our head, and healthcare insurance instead of having that extra money to buy other more desirable things, save money, pay off bills, or invest.

One of the biggest problems with Commie Care is trying to find somebody that speaks fluent English. I've placed a half-dozen or more calls down there, and I never spoke to anybody but minorities. On a cell phone, it's a difficult conversation.

Right to Work States

If you are better off, it means taxpayers are paying for part or most of your care. Trust me, I looked into Commie Care. It's a disaster.

The cost of a decent plan is about the cost to rent an apartment, pay a mortgage, pay a loan on an expensive car or truck. Most people don't have that kind of extra loot laying around after all the bills are paid.

No, we would be better off if there was no such thing as Hussein. Millions of us would still have our health insurance today as we've had all of our lives. And of course, those of us who now have to pay for private insurance with after tax money that is responsible for your lower cost plan are now working just to put food on the table, a roof over our head, and healthcare insurance instead of having that extra money to buy other more desirable things, save money, pay off bills, or invest.

One of the biggest problems with Commie Care is trying to find somebody that speaks fluent English. I've placed a half-dozen or more calls down there, and I never spoke to anybody but minorities. On a cell phone, it's a difficult conversation.
Individual Insurance was expensive before Obamacare Today it's damn expensive today. The difference is:
  • you can't be turned down, which makes it more expensive.
  • it's a complete healthcare plan, which makes more expensive.
  • part of your premium ends up making insurance more affordable for the poor which makes it more expensive.

Right to Work States

Individual Insurance was expensive before Obamacare Today it's damn expensive today. The difference is:
  • you can't be turned down, which makes it more expensive.
  • it's a complete healthcare plan, which makes more expensive.
  • part of your premium ends up making insurance more affordable for the poor which makes it more expensive.

Do you know when it was least expensive? When my employer provided it.

And don't buy into that BS that they have to cover preexisting conditions. The insurance company I bought a plan from doesn't cover preexisting conditions, and there is nothing anybody can do about it.

Commie Care was a lie from the beginning and it's a lie today.

Right to Work States

Why shouldn't a company covet preexisting conditions? If a person is paying for coverage, then COVER it. Insurance companies are untrustworthy in many respects.

Forum List

Back