what is different between republican and conservative ?

Nope...Everyone in NYS who owns a business believes in money over life.

I know a business owner in NYS that believes differently. So you are wrong.
I know lots of sociopaths who claim they aren't sociopaths.
I guarantee you this friend is nice to you and treats his employees like shit.

Sorry, I disagree with ridiculous points of view.
So do I.
Most people I know who own businesses are not quite lovable at work.

You went from "everyone" to "most". And went from "believes in money over life", to "not quite lovable at work."

I don't think you know what you believe.
I would take into account that different regions of the US put different pressures on business owners.
Most of the Blue Dog Democrata I know are nicer to their employees than the Republicans.
It could be attributed to Republicans not accepting the cost of running a business.

I know a business owner in NYS that believes differently. So you are wrong.

So do I.

You went from "everyone" to "most". And went from "believes in money over life", to "not quite lovable at work."

I would take into account that different regions of the US put different pressures on business owners.
Most of the Blue Dog Democrata I know are nicer to their employees than the Republicans.
It could be attributed to Republicans not accepting the cost of running a business.

You have moved and shifted so much I'm not sure I believe much of what you say on this issue. I only know my experience and I'd rather work for a Republican and know where I stand on my job.

So do I.

You have moved and shifted so much I'm not sure I believe much of what you say on this issue. I only know my experience and I'd rather work for a Republican and know where I stand on my job.
You softened me up.

So do I.

You softened me up.

Lol! Thanks, I may not agree with you all the time but I due like your input. :lol:

When it comes to healthcare, conservatives seem to think that if we got government out of healthcare costs would be a fraction of what they are today. It might well be cheaper, but I think it would still be well beyond the reach of tens of millions of people.
So when government pays for healthcare, there's no cost! gotcha
Of course there's cost. Government subsidized healthcare distributes the cost based on the ability of people to pay

That was my point

In the US, healthcare is only partially subsided so we use insurance as mechanism to transfer the costs.
The product of government schools are just sad.

No, actual insurance is to pool the risk, not the cost. Spreading the cost is welfare, it's what government does.

I'm not sure why the word "Marxism" bothers you people so much. You quote from the manifesto all the time, like "ability to ... pay." If you're a Marxist that's your choice, but why can't you just be honest about it?

Transferring wealth on the ability to pay has zero to do with insurance. In actual insurance, you pay your ex-ante expected costs. When you transfer wealth based on the ability to pay, you know you are not paying your ex-ante expected costs and you're expecting others to pay more than their ex-ante expected costs
I didn't say government insurance spread cost. I said it transfers the cost; that is it transfers payment of individual healthcare cost to government insurance paid by the government from taxes and fees collected from subscribers.

The major difference between private insurance and government insurance such as Medicare is premiums are paid out of taxes and beneficiary contributions. Another difference is that Medicare has no multi-million dollar CEO and administrative salaries to pay and does not rack up tens of billions of dollars in profits.

Medicare unlike private insurance offers only one policy where large private insurers offer hundreds of policies to meet the needs of employers and to meet state insurance requirements which increases the cost of claim processing and customer service. Medicare has no marketing costs, no sales personnel, no advertising, no free health club memberships, no 24 hr nurse hotlines, no mail in pharmacies, and no account services. Unlike private insurance, Medicare is exactly the same in every state and operates under the same regulations. Private insurance varies greatly from state to state due to state regulations which adds significantly to their operating costs. Medicare just process claims under the same rules for every state.. This is why Medicare can serve 49 million people with only 6,000 employees while a company like Aetna Healthcare serves 47 million with 25,000 employees.

Insurance is pooling of risk.

Let's say 1 random person in 100 people will suffer a loss of $80K. A company with expenses of $15K starts up that based on risk needs to make a profit of $5K. That's $100K.

So each of the 100 people pay $1K, the company survives, the one person who needs the $80K gets it and everyone else gets nothing. But they were protected in case they were the 1 person.

You are calling government taking money by force from one person and giving it to another "insurance." The word you are looking for is "welfare." It's wealth redistribution, and it's wrong for government to plunder one citizen and give the money to another
Yes, it is insurance by definition, a practice or arrangement by which a company or government agency provides a guarantee of compensation for specified loss, damage, illness, or death in return for payment of a premium. Regardless of whether the government forces you to buy it or not, it is still insurance. The degree to which it redistributes wealth depends on a lot of factors such as how much the federal government pays, how much states pay, and how much if any the insured pays. However, since the poor are just as poor after the government pays their hospital bill, one can argue that there has been no redistribution of wreath.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back