what is different between republican and conservative ?

Tough question, some republicans are conservatives and some of them claim to be conservative but in essence are not.

A Republican is one who is a member of the GOP. A conservative is a far right member of the GOP.

Conservatives are nuts. Some republicans actually have some sense.

Conservatives are republicans who are embarrassed to admit what they are.

I used to be a republican, but got tired of the republican party being spineless, going against what conservatives believe and want for the nation. I call those part of the establishment...some call them RINOs or republican in name only

Most republicans are conservatives. Conservative describes the system of beliefs, morals and values. Republican describes the political party that is most attractive to the conservative base.

A Republican is a member of a political party.

A conservative is on the right wing of the political belief spectrum.

Sometimes, there is overlap.

A Republican is a member of a political party.

A conservative is on the right wing of the political belief spectrum.

Sometimes, there is overlap.

There is 100% overlap. Can you name one self proclaimed conservative who would ever vote Democratic?

I have a question for you....when are you Iranians going to drag the dictator mullahs out into the streets and hang their asses?

A republican believes in hard-work, a federal government that abides by the Constitution, and helping those that need it with a "hand up" not a "hand out".

That's pretty much it.

Many republicans are comfortable with the status quo, having no problem with the federal government being involved in the average citizens life. Conservatives want the individual to be autonomous and responsible for ones self, and the federal government to be as small as practical to carry out their responsibilities under the Constitution, nothing more, nothing less.

What is a conservative? The members of the clown car all try to convince the public that they are the most conservative, but no one defines what that means.

There are fiscal conservatives and callous conservatives and social conservatives and radical conservatives (i.e. the Tea Party).

There are no Goldwater Conservatives of which I am aware.

Forum List

Back