What is currently holding YOU back from success???

For you to make a living wage, or get your fair share, or get a good job, or just get whatever it is you think is fair in life, what is stopping you right now?

- Is it lack of education? Colleges are accepting people.
- Lack of a job? Dominoes is hiring. Lots of people are hiring. But it'll be crappy work. However, even at Dominoes, you can make enough to get by and even pay for community college to learn a trade you can use to work.
- Is it a criminal record? Oops. Your fault.
- Is it the refusal to take a job that you feel is below you? Drop the pride.
- Is it debt? Medical? College? Fair enough. Take two jobs. Pay it down. It's gonna suck, but it's possible. You may have to work 2 jobs, 80 hours a week. Wait tables. Bartend. Deliver papers.
- Is it simply pride? Are you too proud to take a crappy job?

I just can't understand how any American can NOT be earning at least $40,000 if they want to. It may require working two jobs, or one job and working in a bar or restaurant at night or weekends. I see the classifieds on Sundays. People are hiring. Willing to wash dishes? YOu can earn $20,000 a year doing that full time, and plenty are looking. Supplement that with a second job, like delivering pizzas at night, or bartending, or driving a cab, or ANY of the many jobs in the classifieds, and you'll probably earn between $30-40,000 before taxes. Get a roommate. Thats a 60-80K combined.

Maybe I"m just not seeing the point. Work is out there for the willing. People can get by. I know people who worked two jobs for a decade or so, in the 80's, 90's, 00's. It's been done for a long long time , until they met enough connections or got enough experience, or paid their way through tech school, to finally land that good job.

I'm just interested. WHAT is holding you or anyone you know back from earning a fair wage?

What is currently holding YOU back from success???

mommy cuts off my internet access at 800 pm...:doubt:

Forum List

Back