What is currently holding YOU back from success???

For you to make a living wage, or get your fair share, or get a good job, or just get whatever it is you think is fair in life, what is stopping you right now?

- Is it lack of education? Colleges are accepting people.
- Lack of a job? Dominoes is hiring. Lots of people are hiring. But it'll be crappy work. However, even at Dominoes, you can make enough to get by and even pay for community college to learn a trade you can use to work.
- Is it a criminal record? Oops. Your fault.
- Is it the refusal to take a job that you feel is below you? Drop the pride.
- Is it debt? Medical? College? Fair enough. Take two jobs. Pay it down. It's gonna suck, but it's possible. You may have to work 2 jobs, 80 hours a week. Wait tables. Bartend. Deliver papers.
- Is it simply pride? Are you too proud to take a crappy job?

I just can't understand how any American can NOT be earning at least $40,000 if they want to. It may require working two jobs, or one job and working in a bar or restaurant at night or weekends. I see the classifieds on Sundays. People are hiring. Willing to wash dishes? YOu can earn $20,000 a year doing that full time, and plenty are looking. Supplement that with a second job, like delivering pizzas at night, or bartending, or driving a cab, or ANY of the many jobs in the classifieds, and you'll probably earn between $30-40,000 before taxes. Get a roommate. Thats a 60-80K combined.

Maybe I"m just not seeing the point. Work is out there for the willing. People can get by. I know people who worked two jobs for a decade or so, in the 80's, 90's, 00's. It's been done for a long long time , until they met enough connections or got enough experience, or paid their way through tech school, to finally land that good job.

I'm just interested. WHAT is holding you or anyone you know back from earning a fair wage?

Too many people used to government handouts. Do nothing and get something, or bust your balls to get a lot more? That's sooooo hard.

What is currently holding YOU back from success???

I could say impending death.
but then I already succeeded by monetary standards.

success is not all about oney it is about YOU!
What and who you are.
Many have succeeded without making much money.

To bad the American dream is now all about money.
But that is how those who sell things made it.
And most bought right into it.

Could your problem have anything to do with the worst Pub recession since the Great Pub Depression? When are you dupes going to figure out greedy elitist Pubs are all about corrupt boom and busts, all on the backs of the non rich? FOREVER? Ay caramba! Keep hoping for some crumbs, dittoheads...

you wrote" Are all Pubs just con men/salesmen who love caveat emptor, even if it causes so many bubbles and busts?"
Are all liberal/progressives lab rats totally dependent on a few elite in central planning to
a) feed you, b) shelter you c) take care of your health d) bury you?
Lab rats that also still don't have security though because ANYTIME the rat can be taken off the treadmill and have electrodes shoved up their rear.
You a lab rat and is your rear sore?

Exactly.

So, we now have a concrete number from a liberal. A fair wage is $75,000.

So, all our soldiers, cops, firemen, teachers are being mistreated. A cop/teacher marriage earning a combined income of 70K, raising 2 kids, but somehow still making ends meet.....they now have an excuse!!!

Yep. Pay all workers 75K a year. It's only fair.

I think a fairer wage is $750 a year. That's generous compared to the going rate in Uganda.

Pardon me. You went to college for four years, and you think "It's called 'not be lazy'" is a proper sentence?

It's a typo. I obviously left out the "ing". But I'm sure you never make any typos whatsoever.

Your post also reflects your post, and intelligence (if that's in fact what you were trying to allude to), than my own. Literally, all you did in your point was point out a typo I made. You didn't raise any thoughtful insights, and chose to address a grammatical error-ignoring the actual context of my post.

In short: if that's all you got, you really are clueless.

Now let me fill you in on my own personal life experiences (as that's all anybody truly has to go by). Two good friends of mine:

-One is currently in the middle of med-school, has held several jobs
-One didn't get a college degree. Dropped out of community college. Literally has never worked a day in his life, and still lives at home. I asked him a few months ago what he was planning on doing career wise...and his answer was "I don't know....nothing I guess" and laughed.

Take a guess which one supports the OWS, and complains about income inequality.

You should have left well enough alone. The college that admitted you ought to be ashamed.

You obviously didn't read the one portion of my post that makes it a "personal life experience" of mine. I'll post it again here:

"I asked him a few months ago what he was planning on doing career wise...and his answer was "I don't know....nothing I guess" and laughed."

It's clear in my post my the main point I was making, was on the answer I received to my question. If me asking somebody isn't a personal experience that I have-then what do you suggest it is? I'm open to your interpretation, so let's hear it. Now if I didn't type that one part in my thread-your assertion would 100% true. Unfortunately for your pathetic attempt to misconstrue my words, I did.

You obviously didn't read my whole post before responding, or you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Lastly, just like the other poster to responded to me, you focus on grammatical aspects of my post (which unlike the other poster-yours is just due to you lacking reading comprehension), and ignore the main point of my post(s). It reflects poorly upon your ability to make reasonable points.

Exactly.

So, we now have a concrete number from a liberal. A fair wage is $75,000.

So, all our soldiers, cops, firemen, teachers are being mistreated. A cop/teacher marriage earning a combined income of 70K, raising 2 kids, but somehow still making ends meet.....they now have an excuse!!!

Yep. Pay all workers 75K a year. It's only fair.

I think a fairer wage is $750 a year. That's generous compared to the going rate in Uganda.

:eusa_eh:

AVG-WIFE and I only hit 70k one year together in our marriage and now we're in Sunny Florida living like kings in paradise.

So..........still no concrete answers other than self imposed circumstances.

It's a typo. I obviously left out the "ing". But I'm sure you never make any typos whatsoever.

Your post also reflects your post, and intelligence (if that's in fact what you were trying to allude to), than my own. Literally, all you did in your point was point out a typo I made. You didn't raise any thoughtful insights, and chose to address a grammatical error-ignoring the actual context of my post.

In short: if that's all you got, you really are clueless.

Now let me fill you in on my own personal life experiences (as that's all anybody truly has to go by). Two good friends of mine:

-One is currently in the middle of med-school, has held several jobs
-One didn't get a college degree. Dropped out of community college. Literally has never worked a day in his life, and still lives at home. I asked him a few months ago what he was planning on doing career wise...and his answer was "I don't know....nothing I guess" and laughed.

Take a guess which one supports the OWS, and complains about income inequality.

You should have left well enough alone. The college that admitted you ought to be ashamed.

You obviously didn't read the one portion of my post that makes it a "personal life experience" of mine. I'll post it again here:

"I asked him a few months ago what he was planning on doing career wise...and his answer was "I don't know....nothing I guess" and laughed."

It's clear in my post my the main point I was making, was on the answer I received to my question. If me asking somebody isn't a personal experience that I have-then what do you suggest it is? I'm open to your interpretation, so let's hear it. Now if I didn't type that one part in my thread-your assertion would 100% true. Unfortunately for your pathetic attempt to misconstrue my words, I did.

You obviously didn't read my whole post before responding, or you need to work on your reading comprehension.

Lastly, just like the other poster to responded to me, you focus on grammatical aspects of my post (which unlike the other poster-yours is just due to you lacking reading comprehension), and ignore the main point of my post(s). It reflects poorly upon your ability to make reasonable points.

Do you think that you made no errors in that post that I initially responded to? How about this one?

You are a very poor communicator. If you are a college graduate, you went to a college that had very low standards. Period.

For you to make a living wage, or get your fair share, or get a good job, or just get whatever it is you think is fair in life, what is stopping you right now?

- Lack of a job? Dominoes is hiring. Lots of people are hiring. But it'll be crappy work. However, even at Dominoes, you can make enough to get by and even pay for community college to learn a trade you can use to work.
- Is it debt? Medical? College? Fair enough. Take two jobs. Pay it down. It's gonna suck, but it's possible. You may have to work 2 jobs, 80 hours a week. Wait tables. Bartend. Deliver papers.

I just can't understand how any American can NOT be earning at least $40,000 if they want to. It may require working two jobs, or one job and working in a bar or restaurant at night or weekends. I see the classifieds on Sundays. People are hiring. Willing to wash dishes? YOu can earn $20,000 a year doing that full time, and plenty are looking. Supplement that with a second job, like delivering pizzas at night, or bartending, or driving a cab, or ANY of the many jobs in the classifieds, and you'll probably earn between $30-40,000 before taxes. Get a roommate. Thats a 60-80K combined.

Maybe I"m just not seeing the point. Work is out there for the willing. People can get by. I know people who worked two jobs for a decade or so, in the 80's, 90's, 00's. It's been done for a long long time , until they met enough connections or got enough experience, or paid their way through tech school, to finally land that good job.

I'm just interested. WHAT is holding you or anyone you know back from earning a fair wage?

I'm lazy.

I make a decent living but could make much more if I had a better work ethic.

Typical. One fool or sarcasm about 75k from one person and all the dittoheads run with it. Soon will be on Fox as a OWS demand... Stupidest party of tools of the greedy rich in the modern WORLD. In fact, the ONLY one.

Cops being paid less than a living wage is a GREAT idea. Same with pilots like Flight 3407. You stupid a-holes won't be happy until we're a giant banana republic like Costa Rica. We're already close after 30 years of Voodoo and PFFFFFT W. And I'm retired, JACKAZZ.

:clap2:

Everyone but myself. No not really. Just kidding. But many really do feel that way. They will blame everyone but themselves. There is no Wall Street boogeyman keeping you from working and being successful. And having faith in God helps. If you put in the effort,God will match that effort. I wouldn't count on any politician to save you. They're all just Millionaires telling you what they think you want to hear. They'll be fine no matter what happens to you. They're all set. So don't count on them. You have to put in the effort. That's where it all begins.

Success happens when those prepared take advantage of the opportunites available to them.

Note that at least two conditions have to be in place

1. The person is prepared

2. That person has opportunity to use their preparedness.

Success happens when those prepared take advantage of the opportunites available to them.

Note that at least two conditions have to be in place

1. The person is prepared

2. That person has opportunity to use their preparedness.

Yes opportunity, all the education in thw world will not help you if there are no jobs for you.

If it wasn't for all the rich people having all the money, I'd be successful. They should just have Congress pass laws to force the rich people to give me money, so I can be as successful as them. Then, when I have all their money, and I am as successful as they were, I can push Congress to pass laws not to give my money away to the poor people because I earned it and they didn't.

If it wasn't for all the rich people having all the money, I'd be successful. They should just have Congress pass laws to force the rich people to give me money, so I can be as successful as them. Then, when I have all their money, and I am as successful as they were, I can push Congress to pass laws not to give my money away to the poor people because I earned it and they didn't.

Money given to you, isn't earned money you dumbass.

you wrote"ELEVEN DOLLARS/hour, the equivalent of 1968's min. wage."
FACT: 1968 minimum wage was $1.50 per hour.
In 1968 minimum wage was $1.50 per hour. Minumum wage now is worth 50 cents of 1968 money. You work for 1/3 the pay. - Page 2
FACT: What cost $1.5 in 1968 would cost $9.29 in 2010
The Inflation Calculator

FACT: you are wrong by almost 20%
FACT: If the minimum wage were increased to $11.00/hour inflation would rise to 12%.
The reason I KNOW is I lived through the Carter years and here are the indexes for the Carter years:
2) Carter Misery Index that consisted of:
Prime
Inflation Interest rate Unemployment
1977 6.5% 7.75% 7.1%
1978 7.6% 11.50% 6.1%
1979 11.2% 15.75% 5.8%
1980 13.5% 21.50% 7.1%

Do you think that you made no errors in that post that I initially responded to? How about this one?

You are a very poor communicator. If you are a college graduate, you went to a college that had very low standards. Period.

Ah so you ignore my question as to how me asking a question isn't a personal experience, and choose to deflect. And I'm the poor communicator?

Then you make several more assertions to my post's grammatical errors-yet you're unable to explain a single one?

PS-In this highlighted portion of your post, you don't use perfect grammar. You use two different tenses (past and present), while explaining your one point. It's technically more correct as one of the following:

-"If you are a college graduate, you went to a college that has very low standards."

or

-"If you were a college graduate, you went to a college that had very low standards"

You may now go back to deflecting the issues at hand, by examining the grammar of others-when you yourself makes mistakes in your posts as well.

Last edited:

:meow: Some people have relative job security. I'm one of the lucky ones. But my work is recession-proof. Not everyone can handle others' puke on a regular basis.

I hated my career for 10 years. Now that the recession is here, I'm glad that I chose it.

My point is, that just because I'm okay, doesn't mean that I think that EVERYONE should be okay. Some people are in bad positions because of bad decisions. Some due to drug addiction. Some because of mental illness.....an injury-emotional or physical. There are so many reasons.

If you're waiting for others to live up to your standards, you're going to be disappointed every time. We don't know their stories. We don't know their backgrounds.

Surely not everyone out there (OWS) is un or under employed. Some are just disgusted with what they see. And please spare me the Tea Party reeducation. I fully understand what both the Tea Party's and OWS's grievances are. I haven't been involved with either movement. We wallflowers just sit back and watch. Although I agree with just a little bit of both movements...but not enough to make racist or hateful posters, sit in the cold, or watch some has been artist perform a 30-year old song.

If the time ever comes, I'll pick a side. In the mean time, we should all understand that not everyone is like us.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back