What is a radical republican?

Tell us, then. Who is saying we need to restore America to a past that never existed?

Give us some names and the details, or run away embarrassed and defeated once again.

Your choice.

Who? Radical Republicans.

the title of this thread is WHAT is a radical republican, not WHO.

I guess that is another part of the definition of radical republican, the inability to properly comprehend what they read.

I'll attempt to dumb it down for you, dumbass. Wish me luck.

By your own admission, then, no actual person is making the argument you claim someone is making?

Remember, you said there was NO strawman argument, which means SOMEONE is actually making the argument in question.

Radicalism - Advocating or based on thorough or complete political or social reform; representing or supporting an extreme or progressive section of a political party: a radical American activist.

Radicalism denotes radical change. Conservative Republicans are more typically called "reactionary" and the change "he" usually wants is to restore the status quo ante.

Progressives promote change, and a radical promotes radical change, as in radical surgery, a limb is removed; conjoined twins are seperated.

It is a misnomer to call a conservative Republican a radical.

Last edited:
I support the occupy movement

So do all of the Nazi, Communists and anarchists in America.

You are the radical freak here, dude. Look in the mirror.

So, how many proposed amendments and drastic changes in everything from taxation to social programs to labor rights do you support? The person looking for radical changes is usually and correctly termed a radical.

Listen, troll. Admit you are in agreement with the Nazi and Communist parties, and that you are by default a radical (at best, and probably a traitor) , and we shall continue.

So, how many proposed amendments and drastic changes in everything from taxation to social programs to labor rights do you support? The person looking for radical changes is usually and correctly termed a radical.

Listen, troll. Admit you are in agreement with the Nazi and Communist parties, and that you are by default a radical (at best, and probably a traitor) , and we shall continue.

That's pretty disgusting, Negged and ignored.

That's pretty disgusting, Negged and ignored.

The truth is a real mofo sometimes.

You can't refute the facts.

I support the occupy movement

For exapmle?
Hell the last real change to a social program was GWB medicare part D
Obama has supported GWB tax rate as well as the Dem party
Labor rights? my god unless your a white male under the age of 55 you have more rights than anyone could imagine
companies spend billions each year assuring that those rights are enforced and practiced to the tee
We have to change the way medicar and the social security is managed, we have no choice
Radical?

Radicalism - Advocating or based on thorough or complete political or social reform; representing or supporting an extreme or progressive section of a political party: a radical American activist.

Radicalism denotes radical change. Conservative Republicans are more typically called "reactionary" and the change "he" usually wants is to restore the status quo ante.

Progressives promote change, and a radical promotes radical change, as in radical surgery, a limb is removed; conjoined twins are seperated.

conservatives are not all republicans and there are two types of conservatives, social and fiscal.
the social ones are seldom fiscal ones.

For exapmle?
Labor rights? my god unless your a white male under the age of 55 you have more rights than anyone could imagine
companies spend billions each year assuring that those rights are enforced and practiced to the tee
We have to change the way medicar and the social security is managed, we have no choice
Radical?

I was talking to the piece of garbage who just called me a traitor, do you want to second his opinion?

Last edited:

For exapmle?
Radical?

I was talking to the piece of garbage who just called me a traitor, do you want to second his opinion?

not sure thats what he stated, but no I do not do the name calling gig.
opinions are a freedom people have died to protect, 1000s of people gave there lives to protect that freedom
Your confused, You have opinions that I cannot begin to understand, but that makes you no better nor any worse than the next person

conservatives are not all republicans and there are two types of conservatives, social and fiscal.
the social ones are seldom fiscal ones.

I understand that a Republican is not necessarily a conservative and vice versa but the Republican party is usually considered to be the vehicle of the conservative movement in America so I judge them to usually be on parallel paths. And that is particularly applicable in the conversation here. Liberal Republicans are not in play here. And liberal Republicans usually go along to get along, again something outside this discussion.

Edit: and the fiscal/social dichotomy is still by degrees and can't be so easily assigned camps, IMO these are blends.

Last edited:
For exapmle?
Radical?

opinions are a freedom people have died to protect, 1000s of people gave there lives to protect that freedom
Your confused, You have opinions that I cannot begin to understand, but that makes you no better nor any worse than the next person

That's exactly what he meant as well as guilt by association with Nazis and Commies but thank you for not joining in. That kind of thing gets under my skin and this stops being fun. I support the occupy movement because there has to be some limit to how much influence can be bought and an end to too big to fail and the secretive corrupt nature of the federal reserve, just like the tea party once said they opposed but we know how that turned out don't we?

Last edited:
To me the GOP today is not much different than the Blue dog Democrat was 20 years ago
They have some very smart people in congress, I wish some would have run for president
Romney is in reality a blue dog, no matter what he states and in my opinion not what we needed

Radical republicans as I can see do not exist in Washington, even though our president makes those claims

We need a physical conservative in a bad way. Someone who can work on our issues with our SS issues as well as Medicare
Soemone who has the courage to deal with our out of control medical cost, that will allow free enterprise to get there feet again and we can start creating real jobs, real wealth

Until we get that going the housing market will never re bound
Energy resouces allowed to be extracted, delivared as well as refined in this country, not for the price of fuel, for jobs

Being a conservative does not mean harming the programs we have in place to help those who cannot help them selves

2007 we were within 163 billion of a balanced budget with 2 wars going wide open
think about it

That's exactly what he meant as well as guilt by association with Nazis and Commies but thank you for not joining in. That kind of thing gets under my skin and this stops being fun. I support the occupy movement because there has to be some limit to how much influence can be bought and an end to too big to fail and the secretive corrupt nature of the federal reserve, just like the tea party once said they opposed but we know how that turned out don't we?

We had no choice with tarp
If you oppose bail-outs then to me the worst of all was GM/GMAC
that one we did not need, they still owes us billions

BTW BHO voted for tarp
and ended up using more than GWB did (that is still out standing)

We had no choice with tarp
If you oppose bail-outs then to me the worst of all was GM/GMAC
that one we did not need, they still owes us billions

BTW BHO voted for tarp
and ended up using more than GWB did (that is still out standing)

Why do you oppose the only one that directly protected working class jobs? Unions? I am thinking back to past years when discussions on outsourcing invariably led to the statement that protectionism in any form was the devil, funny how you don't hear that claim much anymore. TARP would have been just fine if it came with some strings but we know how that turned out too, they gave away the best bit of leverage they ever had to get a handle on too big to fail. The bankers must have been amazed to get off without any regulatory recriminations at all.

Someone who disagrees with Obama and supports upholding the Constitution of the United States.

Forum List

Back