It’s Not A Spending Problem. It’s A Revenue Problem

Irrelevancy is irrelevant.

When you're taking in nearly $5 trillion, you don't have a revenue problem.
That's you, in a nutshell.

You huddle pathetically under your porch, offering comments about sources.....but you are too ashamed to name your own.

That's you, in a nutshell.

You huddle pathetically under your porch, offering comments about sources.....but you are too ashamed to name your own.
Daily Kooks is paying the OP, asshole....My sources for what passes for "news" are entirely irrelevant.

The fact remains: a State that takes in nearly $5 trillion doesn't have a revenue problem.

A long time Republican talking point on the budget is that we allegedly have a spending problem and don’t have a revenue problem. They have it exactly backwards. It’s time to fact check Republican gaslighting on spending and taxes.
The GOP is gaslighting us on spending when they claim that spending is allegedly out of control. Let’s look at the facts. Federal spending was 31.2 percent of GDP in 2020. Federal spending was 25.6 percent of GDP in 2022. Federal spending will be 24 percent of GDP under Biden’s budget. Spending is down significantly since Biden took office.

Bush was the only two term president in American history to preside over a decline in middle class incomes during his two terms as president. Moreover, at the time, Bush had the worst job creation record since Herbert Hoover.

The Trump jobs record was worse. In 2020, the U.S. economy lost a net 10 million jobs. Weekly unemployment claims between March and December 2020 exceeded the worst week of the 2008–09 recession. Trump left office after nearly 50 straight weeks of the worst job losses in American history. Trump was the first president since the Great Depression to leave office with fewer jobs in the country than when he was inaugurated.

Trump promised that the 2017 tax cuts would: 1. Deliver a $4,000 pay raise to the middle class; 2. Pay for themselves; 3. Kick off an investment boom; 4. Generate 6% GDP growth. 5. Generate more job growth.

None of this happened. Even before the pandemic, middle class incomes rose a paltry 1% adjusted for inflation; the deficit increased from $585 billion to $1 trillion; 85% of the tax cuts were spent on dividends and stock buybacks; there was no investment boom; GDP growth was no different than it was under Obama; and job growth declined by 20%. By Trump’s own criteria, the 2017 tax cuts were a failure.

Mod Edit - Deleted. Clean start
Nope. Revenues is not he problem. They continue to increase spending at a greater rate than the increases in revenues. It’s basic economics.

A long time Republican talking point on the budget is that we allegedly have a spending problem and don’t have a revenue problem. They have it exactly backwards. It’s time to fact check Republican gaslighting on spending and taxes.
The GOP is gaslighting us on spending when they claim that spending is allegedly out of control. Let’s look at the facts. Federal spending was 31.2 percent of GDP in 2020. Federal spending was 25.6 percent of GDP in 2022. Federal spending will be 24 percent of GDP under Biden’s budget. Spending is down significantly since Biden took office.

Bush was the only two term president in American history to preside over a decline in middle class incomes during his two terms as president. Moreover, at the time, Bush had the worst job creation record since Herbert Hoover.

The Trump jobs record was worse. In 2020, the U.S. economy lost a net 10 million jobs. Weekly unemployment claims between March and December 2020 exceeded the worst week of the 2008–09 recession. Trump left office after nearly 50 straight weeks of the worst job losses in American history. Trump was the first president since the Great Depression to leave office with fewer jobs in the country than when he was inaugurated.

Trump promised that the 2017 tax cuts would: 1. Deliver a $4,000 pay raise to the middle class; 2. Pay for themselves; 3. Kick off an investment boom; 4. Generate 6% GDP growth. 5. Generate more job growth.

None of this happened. Even before the pandemic, middle class incomes rose a paltry 1% adjusted for inflation; the deficit increased from $585 billion to $1 trillion; 85% of the tax cuts were spent on dividends and stock buybacks; there was no investment boom; GDP growth was no different than it was under Obama; and job growth declined by 20%. By Trump’s own criteria, the 2017 tax cuts were a failure.

Mod Edit - Deleted. Clean start

Maybe it is both. I mean when my wife and I have a six figure income, there is no reason for 2 of our 3 children to get free lunch but here we have Uncle Sam paying for their corndogs because of the stupid program that allows schools to opt into free lunch for all.

Maybe it is both. I mean when my wife and I have a six figure income, there is no reason for 2 of our 3 children to get free lunch but here we have Uncle Sam paying for their corndogs because of the stupid program that allows schools to opt into free lunch for all.
That’s a spending problem.

Forum List

Back