What is a human right?

No you didn't show it to be ludicrous, you gave your opinion. Which we all know are like a holes, everyone has one and most of them stink.

*sigh*

Most of the cites were from 1980's. How many kids with gay parents were there in the '80s? Much less ones who wanted to be studied by hostile researchers?

By the way, you didn't answer my question (well you haven't answered a bunch, but generally thats just an admission that you don't know what you are talking about)...do you know any kids of gay parents?

And those effect child rearing how exactly?

Well this is fun.

Well I guess nothing...unless you seem to think maybe children learn from their parents.
It does appear that on many, many different human attributes-height, weight, propensity for criminality, overall IQ, mathematical ability, scientific ability-there is relatively clear evidence that whatever the difference in means-which can be debated-there is a difference in the standard deviation, and variability of a male and a female population. And that is true with respect to attributes that are and are not plausibly, culturally determined."

Well I guess nothing...unless you seem to think maybe children learn from their parents.

Wait...I thought you said the differences were genetic. That is inbred. That is NOT learned from their parents. Therefore children don't need to learn these genetic traits from their parents, since they are born with them, hey?

It does appear that on many, many different human attributes-height, weight, propensity for criminality, overall IQ, mathematical ability, scientific ability-there is relatively clear evidence that whatever the difference in means-which can be debated-there is a difference in the standard deviation, and variability of a male and a female population. And that is true with respect to attributes that are and are not plausibly, culturally determined."

Ah, well we need a male and a female in each household so that children can learn to be the correct height. I see, its all becoming so clear to me now.

Wait...I thought you said the differences were genetic. That is inbred. That is NOT learned from their parents. Therefore children don't need to learn these genetic traits from their parents, since they are born with them, hey?

Ah, well we need a male and a female in each household so that children can learn to be the correct height. I see, its all becoming so clear to me now.

No mathematically and scientific ability is effected by gender. Don't you think one gender could teach those better if they themselves had a better understanding of the principles themselves?

No mathematically and scientific ability is effected by gender.

Really? Larry summers might agree with you, but not many others would. Oh, and by the way, most kids don't learn math and science from their parents. We have a thing in this country called schools that we generally send our kids too so that they can learn math and science.

By the way...correlation does not mean causation. I'd like some evidence that these differences are genetic, and not societal. Don't bother looking, there isn't any.

Don't you think one gender could teach those better if they themselves had a better understanding of the principles themselves?

I know...there are a lot more male lawyers in this country than female lawyers. Even though I grew up without a father figure, I had to struggle a lot because I just couldn't understand the law. I mean, gee whiz, I didn't have a male to teach me opinio juris and other things I would need for law school when I was in middle school. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

By the way...since you seem determined to ignore my question about how many kids of gay parents you know, I'm going to assume you don't know any. I know at least 10, all who have turned out fairly normal. Most are very tolerant and open-minded and all are great kids.

Oh, and the great thing about kids with gay parents? None of them are accidents. No teenage pregnancies. The parents all have stable incomes and all of them were expecting to have children and are very happy with that decision.

Really? Larry summers might agree with you, but not many others would. Oh, and by the way, most kids don't learn math and science from their parents. We have a thing in this country called schools that we generally send our kids too so that they can learn math and science.

By the way...correlation does not mean causation. I'd like some evidence that these differences are genetic, and not societal. Don't bother looking, there isn't any.

I know...there are a lot more male lawyers in this country than female lawyers. Even though I grew up without a father figure, I had to struggle a lot because I just couldn't understand the law. I mean, gee whiz, I didn't have a male to teach me opinio juris and other things I would need for law school when I was in middle school. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

By the way...since you seem determined to ignore my question about how many kids of gay parents you know, I'm going to assume you don't know any. I know at least 10, all who have turned out fairly normal. Most are very tolerant and open-minded and all are great kids.

Oh, and the great thing about kids with gay parents? None of them are accidents. No teenage pregnancies. The parents all have stable incomes and all of them were expecting to have children and are very happy with that decision.

Oh, ok the world according to Larkinn, he or she knows 10 people that are gay and that translates to the whole population. Wow...talking about assumptions. I posted websites that cited different scientific studies that had been conducted, but you know all. Because God forbid you know 10 people....Lmao

Oh, ok the world according to Larkinn, he or she knows 10 people that are gay and that translates to the whole population. Wow...talking about assumptions. I posted websites that cited different scientific studies that had been conducted, but you know all. Because God forbid you know 10 people....Lmao

Yes the people I know just all happen to be complete anomalies :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have a lot of personal experience in this and its been deeply interesting to be for quite some time. I've done quite a bit of research on it and the studies I've read have NOT supported the claims in the articles you post. In fact there are no studies that come to conclusions as extreme as that, rather they only managed to be so one-sided by completely cherry picking from a number of difference studies.

And what exactly gave you the obviously erroneous impression that my beliefs stem only from the many individuals I know who have gay parents?

Yes the people I know just all happen to be complete anomalies :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I have a lot of personal experience in this and its been deeply interesting to be for quite some time. I've done quite a bit of research on it and the studies I've read have NOT supported the claims in the articles you post. In fact there are no studies that come to conclusions as extreme as that, rather they only managed to be so one-sided by completely cherry picking from a number of difference studies.

And what exactly gave you the obviously erroneous impression that my beliefs stem only from the many individuals I know who have gay parents?

By your own words....So your right and those posts be damned....LOL

By your own words....So your right and those posts be damned....LOL

*sigh*

Did you miss these oh so minor points in your effort to dismiss what I say because I am able to also cite personal experience?

I've done quite a bit of research on it and the studies I've read have NOT supported the claims in the articles you post. In fact there are no studies that come to conclusions as extreme as that, rather they only managed to be so one-sided by completely cherry picking from a number of difference studies.

Oh, and by the way, most kids don't learn math and science from their parents. We have a thing in this country called schools that we generally send our kids too so that they can learn math and science.

I know...there are a lot more male lawyers in this country than female lawyers. Even though I grew up without a father figure, I had to struggle a lot because I just couldn't understand the law. I mean, gee whiz, I didn't have a male to teach me opinio juris and other things I would need for law school when I was in middle school

When I said "by the way" and then went on to describe my personal experiences with the kids of gay parents, that would signal to any rational observer (apparently not you) that it was a side note and not directly contributing proof of my claims. Rather it is side evidence that helps my claims but does not prove them.

And I'm curious...those studies from the 80's...do you know how many kids they studied? I'm curious as to the wide breadth and range of them because we all know that in the 60's and 70's there were so many homosexual couples having kids for them to be studied in the 80's by your esteemed and, I'm sure, prestigious researchers.

You are intellectually bankrupt, kid. Disgusting.

*sigh*

Did you miss these oh so minor points in your effort to dismiss what I say because I am able to also cite personal experience?

When I said "by the way" and then went on to describe my personal experiences with the kids of gay parents, that would signal to any rational observer (apparently not you) that it was a side note and not directly contributing proof of my claims. Rather it is side evidence that helps my claims but does not prove them.

And I'm curious...those studies from the 80's...do you know how many kids they studied? I'm curious as to the wide breadth and range of them because we all know that in the 60's and 70's there were so many homosexual couples having kids for them to be studied in the 80's by your esteemed and, I'm sure, prestigious researchers.

You are intellectually bankrupt, kid. Disgusting.

I use scientific studies and cite the website citing them. You use personal experience and you state I am intellectually bankrupt....LOL
I could say I have done extensive studies on this subject, would you believe me? Schools do teach in this country, but parents are a huge part of childs learning experience. I mean most development occurs in children before they even go to school right? I was using the research I could find, if you have something else to contribute then so be it.

I use scientific studies and cite the website citing them.

No, you haven't used any scientific studies. You've cited articles that cherry pick from different studies. Matt posted actual studies which you ignored, so no I'm not going to bother to go search up more until you reply to the ones already posted.

You use personal experience and you state I am intellectually bankrupt....LOL

Personal experiences matter when you are talking about such a small sample size.

I could say I have done extensive studies on this subject, would you believe me? Schools do teach in this country, but parents are a huge part of childs learning experience.

Care to cite the evidence of genetic differences for math/science in men and women? By the way...assuming for a second your point that there are differences, even the genetically inferior gender surely knows math and science up to an eighth grade level at a minimum.

I mean most development occurs in children before they even go to school right?

In math and science? No.

I was using the research I could find, if you have something else to contribute then so be it.

Gee, I wonder why you had such a hard time finding studies which say that heterosexuals make better parents than homosexuals? You only used studies you found for one particular pov, and you ignored what matt posted.

No, you haven't used any scientific studies. You've cited articles that cherry pick from different studies. Matt posted actual studies which you ignored, so no I'm not going to bother to go search up more until you reply to the ones already posted.

Personal experiences matter when you are talking about such a small sample size.

Care to cite the evidence of genetic differences for math/science in men and women? By the way...assuming for a second your point that there are differences, even the genetically inferior gender surely knows math and science up to an eighth grade level at a minimum.

In math and science? No.

Gee, I wonder why you had such a hard time finding studies which say that heterosexuals make better parents than homosexuals? You only used studies you found for one particular pov, and you ignored what matt posted.

These are your words not mine;

I've done quite a bit of research on it and the studies I've read have NOT supported the claims in the articles you post.

Wow, all of your extensive studies you only know at least 10 gay couples with children, interesting....LOL

In math and science? No.

Matt's post;
Children of same-gender parents often experience economic, legal, and familial insecurity as a result of the absence of legal recognition of their bonds to their nonbiological parents.

Now to be fair the study says these experiences are due to public policy toward same gender couples, but how the hell do they know it would different if public policy changed?

These are your words not mine;

I've done quite a bit of research on it and the studies I've read have NOT supported the claims in the articles you post.

Wow, all of your extensive studies you only know at least 10 gay couples with children, interesting....LOL

Your right...I actually know a lot more because the RESEARCH I've done on studies that OTHER PEOPLE HAVE DONE somehow allowed me to meet the kids they studied through the internet. :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

I know kids with gay parents because I am part of that community. That is also why I've researched the issue, because it is close to me and I am interested in it.

Now...you've refused to look at other peoples studies. You've posted NO studies of your own, only articles which cherry pick from studies. You've responded to my knowledge on this and the individuals I know with ridicule. Sorry, but you don't know what the fuck you are talking about. You are getting your ass kicked all over this board, and its hilarious. Go away, educate yourself, and then come back.

In math and science? No.

So are you saying that children that are born to parents without a high school education actually do better acdemically than children born of parents with a high school education?

Matt's post;
Children of same-gender parents often experience economic, legal, and familial insecurity as a result of the absence of legal recognition of their bonds to their nonbiological parents.

Now to be fair the study says these experiences are due to public policy toward same gender couples, but how the hell do they know it would different if public policy changed?

Gee...I wonder why they feel those insecurities. The legal, economic, and familial. Care to take a guess? Want to know what happens if the biological parent dies and the non-biological parent is left with the kid? Oh, right, its unclear. The kid could be taken to foster care (real great place for children to be), or they kid be ripped away from their remaining parent since their legal rights are unclear.

Thats not to say that all insecurities would go away if their parents could marry, but the fact that they cannot marry DOES increase the insecurity for some children.

In math and science? No.

http://dyslexia.wordpress.com/2007/11/16/math-and-science-success-parents-make-a-difference/

Forum List

Back