What is a BOMB CYCLONE? And why are they so dangerous?

It got down to +3 about a hour ago, +5 now......Light winds.

Calling for +20 today and into the 30s tomorrow then a big warm-up into next week into the low 60s.

60 miles West of DC....Sorry, no frozen congress-critters. ;)

My mistake ... the 81ºF temperatures expected at UCLA is just three short of the record of 84ºF ... climatology is 68ºF ... the only recorded snowfall there was a trace on Feb 7th, 1989 ...
Oh wait ... Bubba thinks `kaliforna bad` ... life's so much better in Buttfuck, Kentucky ...

HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW ...

=====

Tropical cyclones bring hot air from the erquatorial areas to the polar areas ... "cold-core" cyclones (like "bomb" cyclones) return the cold air to the tropics ...

Here's the National Ocean Service's take on a completely unrelated subject ... "What's the Difference Between a Hurricane and a Typhoon?" ... you're welcome ...

My mistake ... the 81ºF temperatures expected at UCLA is just three short of the record of 84ºF ... climatology is 68ºF ... the only recorded snowfall there was a trace on Feb 7th, 1989 ...
Oh wait ... Bubba thinks `kaliforna bad` ... life's so much better in Buttfuck, Kentucky ...

HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW ...

=====

Tropical cyclones bring hot air from the erquatorial areas to the polar areas ... "cold-core" cyclones (like "bomb" cyclones) return the cold air to the tropics ...

Here's the National Ocean Service's take on a completely unrelated subject ... "What's the Difference Between a Hurricane and a Typhoon?" ... you're welcome ...
LOL... Thanks...

You just explained that these storms take the amassing energy in our atmosphere and place it where it needs to go and reach equilibrium. IN a warming world equator to pole... IN a cooling world pole to equator. These type of storms in your atmosphere tell you whether or not you are cooling or warming... As we continue to cool, these storms will become more common place.

Has anyone else figured out why the Mid-West was under 2 miles of ice after the last glacial cycle. How it happens has just been shown by nature herself. And it can happen very quickly.

You might want to get out of the liberal heat bubble at Berkley.. Just say'in....

Last edited:

We had the same phenomena when I was a kid. We just didn't give them catchy names and use them as an excuse to suck taxes out of the middle class. We got out the shovels.

left wing scare tactics. It's nothing new just a new name designed to create fear. We are always going to have to adapt to nature. It is foolish to think otherwise.

You might want to get out of the liberal heat bubble at Berkley.. Just say'in....

Just watched the 49ers KICK ASS on them Washington Whities ... Mid-60's in Santa Clara near Berkeley ... again, where would you expect climate experts to gather ... Berkeley or Fargo, North Dakota ... it's no accident I live where it rarely snows ...

'Low pressure storm system' just doesn't create enough fear as a 'BOMB CYCLONE'

Same weather, just different name
It is language designed to create anxiety for the Climate narrative.
Since Global Warming became Climate Change any weather event must be painted as an extreme event that couldn't be possible without the fault of humans and their gas guzzling SUV's.

This so called Bomb Cyclone is basically an average midwest snowstorm that doesn't even make the top ten of what I have personally lived through.

It is language designed to create anxiety for the Climate narrative.
Since Global Warming became Climate Change any weather event must be painted as an extreme event that couldn't be possible without the fault of humans and their gas guzzling SUV's.

This so called Bomb Cyclone is basically an average midwest snowstorm that doesn't even make the top ten of what I have personally lived through.
We call them blizzards and have for 60+ years. ITs the new "definition" that is designed to drive fear and make man responsible for them. The name change is just a ploy to drive fear.

We call them blizzards and have for 60+ years. ITs the new "definition" that is designed to drive fear and make man responsible for them. The name change is just a ploy to drive fear.

Am I the only one here who read Orwell's book 1984? ... New Speak is specifically intended to make the citizens fearful of things they need not fear, and be needy our their government ... and please speak your answer into the camera there on your computer, the NSA wants this on record ...

Why should we care if pressure drops 24 millibars in 24 hours ... or just a measly 22 millibars in 24 hours? ... I understand weather, that's why it's mid 50's and partly sunny where I live today ... Merry Christmas to my lawn mower ...

Am I the only one here who read Orwell's book 1984? ... New Speak is specifically intended to make the citizens fearful of things they need not fear, and be needy our their government ... and please speak your answer into the camera there on your computer, the NSA wants this on record ...

Why should we care if pressure drops 24 millibars in 24 hours ... or just a measly 22 millibars in 24 hours? ... I understand weather, that's why it's mid 50's and partly sunny where I live today ... Merry Christmas to my lawn mower ...
Thank You for pointing out the lunacy of the name change...

Thank You for pointing out the lunacy of the name change...

We have been using the phrase "blizzard warning" ... and this should strike fear into the souls where the NWS paints blood red on their weather maps ... people are dying of cold right now and seeking help from the government isn't a bad idea ...

All those warnings are down now, except for Buffalo, New York ... (big surprise there) ... but people are still dying of cold ... should the NWS continue the warning, even if scientifically there is no blizzard? ... all Chicago gets, at 6ºF, is a "Hazardous Weather Outlook" ... a sickly puke yellow-brown color ...

We have been using the phrase "blizzard warning" ... and this should strike fear into the souls where the NWS paints blood red on their weather maps ... people are dying of cold right now and seeking help from the government isn't a bad idea ...

All those warnings are down now, except for Buffalo, New York ... (big surprise there) ... but people are still dying of cold ... should the NWS continue the warning, even if scientifically there is no blizzard? ... all Chicago gets, at 6ºF, is a "Hazardous Weather Outlook" ... a sickly puke yellow-brown color ...

I found that they overused the word "blizzard" over the past several days.

When I was a kid here in SE South Dakota, a "blizzard" consisted of days of heavy snow, even white-out level, and blistering winds. This last week was nothing like what I remember as a blizzard.

This is what a blizzard was when I was a kid. Trapped inside for days.

iu

Forum List

Back