What If You Atheists Are Wrong? Hmmmm...

See what most people, non-believers, especially the rabid strain, don't understand is that if genuine Christianity is totally bogus, once we die, we literally have had nothing to lose and, in any case, have lived a beautiful life.

If Christianity did not exist, civilization at this point would probably have died out. Seriously!

Anne Marie

If we're wrong, then we're either going to hell or not. If hell is real and we are sent to hell, god is not just. Infinite punishment for finite sin, especially when he chooses not to reveal himself to non-believers and provides them with enough rationality to conceive of a universe without a god, is not just.

A god who would assign me infinite punishment because I unwillingly, through the use the mind he ostensibly gave me, reached the conclusion that it is unlikely he exists, despite living a life of equal or even superior morality to many believers I have known, is a god who places vanity above morality. Such a god is a horrible creature.

If god doesn't send me to hell, then what difference does it make?

And as far as living a beautiful life, I guess that depends on which version of christianity. Don't fall in the common trap of creating the false premise that there is only one version of christianity. Perhaps your interpretation is that there is only one "true" version of christianity, but that is a subjective article of faith and in any case does not change the reality that christians have a wide range of interpretations of a "christian life" each one holding with equal conviction that theirs is a valid interpretation if not the only valid interpretation.

When christians in early America burned "witches" they were following their interpretation of a christian life and believed with equal conviction as any christian today. Yet burning people alive is not what I would consider a beautiful life.

Because acts such as slavery and killing witches, among other atrocities, and almost any ideological slant can take on a bestowed "morality" and divine support by reading certain biblical passages and certain interpretations, then a beautiful life can only be achieved by selecting the positive moral aspects and wisdom from the teachings of the bible and regarding them as the "true" interpretation. But if you already have the ability to select which parts are moral and good, then you do not need the bible at all, but instead can rely on one's own sense of right and wrong to live a beautiful life.

What is the Muslims, Sikhs, Zoroastrians, aborigines, dogon, or jews are right? Then what the fuck will you xtians do? This Pascal bullshit you retards try to push is fucking moronic.

What is the Muslims, Sikhs, Zoroastrians, aborigines, dogon, or jews are right? Then what the fuck will you xtians do? This Pascal bullshit you retards try to push is fucking moronic.

I have undying faith in my sense of charity. Anything that takes such things to mission is real. Anything else is fiction.

There is meaning in literally everything that happens on this earth. When evil prevails, it's meant to be. Not necessarily by the hand of God but by the exercise of freewill. In any case, somebody up there is watching. A communion of beings that are probably wondering why humanity is so self-absorbed and destructive.

Anne Marie

"why humanity is so self-absorbed and destructive."

because we're made in god's image.

I have undying faith in my sense of charity.

Which isw not exclusive to neochristianity

Anything that takes such things to mission is real

so you agree that secular humanism is real, and you hold Buddhism to be true...

. Anything else is fiction.

You really are stupid

There is meaning in literally everything that happens on this earth.
:eusa_eh:

When evil prevails, it's meant to be

So if i rape you, stab you 50 times, then go rape your daughter and your son, burn your entire family to death, and steal anything of value- it's meant to be? Well, shit, then we need to dismantle the court system, fire all the cops, and stop fucking with god's plan!

I swear, you theists are fucking retarded

I have undying faith in my sense of charity.

Which isw not exclusive to neochristianity

Anything that takes such things to mission is real

so you agree that secular humanism is real, and you hold Buddhism to be true...

You really are stupid

There is meaning in literally everything that happens on this earth.
:eusa_eh:

When evil prevails, it's meant to be

So if i rape you, stab you 50 times, then go rape your daughter and your son, burn your entire family to death, and steal anything of value- it's meant to be? Well, shit, then we need to dismantle the court system, fire all the cops, and stop fucking with god's plan!

I swear, you theists are fucking retarded

Miracles is what proves that destiny is non-negotiable. You cannot change the master plan. You might think you are the master of your universe but that reality only exists within a certain and quite limited parameter. If you were meant to change the world; become president or a dictator or even the anti-Christ in some form or another, there is no amount of preparation in your control to have managed that.

I also find it rather curious that Pres. Obama's prerequisite to the Presidential office has yet to be qualified. While he did go to all the right schools and had the right training, somebody went a pretty long way to cover up essential details that might not have qualified him for the Presidency.

In any case, if somebody truly believes that they can change the world, if they believe it is their destiny or aspiration, while they might have made some significantly positive or negative mark, I wouldn't hold my breath in going the distance. Statistically, is just not realistic, one way or another.

Many significant leaders in this world are there beyond their doing. No matter what they did with such an opportunity, something happened that allowed them to rise above the common public. And I can tell you it was not exclusively by their hand, but a set of circumstances which deliberately came together, unexpectedly, or even through some other unlikely event.

Anne Marie

Last edited:
Miracles is what proves that destiny is non-negotiable

1-no, it doesn't

2- where are your miracles?

. You cannot change the master plan.
'master plan'? When do the pogroms begin?

I also find it rather curious that Pres. Obama's prerequisite to the Presidential office has yet to be qualified. While he did go to all the right schools and had the right training, somebody went a pretty long way to cover up essential details that might not have qualified him for the Presidency.

the birthers prove god? :eusa_eh:

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What is more important to getting you into so called "heaven" and avoiding so called "hell"?

Ones morals and how they lived there life or the sec of religion they follow!

Most people would say your morals. Therefore, as long as an atheist choose to live a moral life and if he is wrong he still makes it to heaven!

See what most people, non-believers, especially the rabid strain, don't understand is that if genuine Christianity is totally bogus, once we die, we literally have had nothing to lose and, in any case, have lived a beautiful life.

If Christianity did not exist, civilization at this point would probably have died out. Seriously!

Anne Marie

The humans have survived in spite of christianity ...not because of it...seriously!

It's amazing how much credit you annoint yourself with. I would rather poke knitting needles in my eyes than be a christian.

If there is no god you have spent your life living a lie. You have spent your life spreading that lie and wasting time and energy that could accomplish something tangible and truly worthwhile for society.

Anne Marie

The humans have survived in spite of christianity ...not because of it...seriously!

It's amazing how much credit you annoint yourself with. I would rather poke knitting needles in my eyes than be a christian.

If there is no god you have spent your life living a lie. You have spent your life spreading that lie and wasting time and energy that could accomplish something tangible and truly worthwhile for society.

Humans have survived very long despite ALL religions, not just Chrisitianity!

But good point!

Anne Marie

Really? Well let's see now.

For countless years, I have made a mission out of helping people, friends, relatives, co-workers, and complete strangers with just about anything I could help them with, including cash with absolutely no expectation of reward, praise, or reciprocation. There is nothing that fulfills me more as a person and as a human being than making life easier for others. And it could be anything from a potential foreclosure to a homeless person. No matter how insignificant or colossal the gesture might be my reward, my ambition goes to making people happier and more fulfilled in their lives because I already have that kind of life.

And many of these people have done the same, whether by taking my example, or by their own sense of unconditional compassion. My family and I have also contributed millions of dollars to bonefide charities with a great deal of discretion in avoiding deception. We are only discriminate against bogus foundations and charities, not needy people.

Also, I have a certain cannon of ethics that I come close to maintaining throughout my life. I conduct my business, as I do my social relationships, as I do with just about everything I do in my life. There is no compromise or moral integrity and for me it is effortless because I am driven by a lifeforce that is greater than my life. I recognize evil because I know what pure love is. And I am a very good judge of character and a persons underlying intention.

I didn't get this practicing man made institutionalized religion or any sort or cult. I got this because I gave myself a chance to reflect on my life quite profoundly in the most sincere and brutally honest, comprehensive way imaginable and it was a life changing experience. Doors began to open and I broke out of the circle my environment caged me into. A mentality that would have grounded me for the rest of my life, where so many other people still find themselves. My view of the world is bigger than the earth. It has many dimensions and above all it deals with a higher caliber of spiritual wisdom I would have otherwise not discovered.

And when you get there, you can never turn back. You remain yourself, your person, but with a open ended view of our existence adorned with a great deal of grace and humility and that is my power.

I have influenced many people, unknowing until they made it known. And I am still surprised how surprised I am when they tell me that I made a difference in their lives as I have had the blessing of being able to tell others they did that for me. The most unlikely people. Even homeless people.

You don't need religion to get you through life. But you do need wisdom. The kind of wisdom that comes from spiritual awareness and intelligence. Nothing else comes close to reaching that higher ground.

I have not wasted my time or anyone elses. I can assure you.

Anne Marie

Last edited:

Anne Marie

For countless years, I have made a mission out of helping people, friends, relatives, co-workers, and complete strangers with just about anything I could help them with, including cash with absolutely no expectation of reward, praise, or reciprocation. There is nothing that fulfills me more as a person and as a human being than making life easier for others. And it could be anything from a potential foreclosure to a homeless person. No matter how insignificant or colossal the gesture might be my reward, my ambition goes to making people happier and more fulfilled in their lives because I already have that kind of life.

And many of these people have done the same, whether by taking my example, or by their own sense of unconditional compassion. My family and I have also contributed millions of dollars to bonefide charities with a great deal of discretion in avoiding deception. We are only discriminate against bogus foundations and charities, not needy people.

Also, I have a certain cannon of ethics that I come close to maintaining throughout my life. I conduct my business, as I do my social relationships, as I do with just about everything I do in my life. There is no compromise or moral integrity and for me it is effortless because I am driven by a lifeforce that is greater than my life. I recognize evil because I know what pure love is. And I am a very good judge of character and a persons underlying intention.

I didn't get this practicing man made institutionalized religion or any sort or cult. I got this because I gave myself a chance to reflect on my life quite profoundly in the most sincere and brutally honest, comprehensive way imaginable and it was a life changing experience. Doors began to open and I broke out of the circle my environment caged me into. A mentality that would have grounded me for the rest of my life, where so many other people still find themselves. My view of the world is bigger than the earth. It has many dimensions and above all it deals with a higher caliber of spiritual wisdom I would have otherwise not discovered.

And when you get there, you can never turn back. You remain yourself, your person, but with a open ended view of our existence adorned with a great deal of grace and humility and that is my power.

I have influenced many people, unknowing until they made it known. And I am still surprised how surprised I am when they tell me that I made a difference in their lives as I have had the blessing of being able to tell others they did that for me. The most unlikely people. Even homeless people.

You don't need religion to get you through life. But you do need wisdom. The kind of wisdom that comes from spiritual awareness and intelligence. Nothing else comes close to reaching that higher ground.

Anne Marie

Well move over mother Teresa..:eusa_pray: :lol:

All that do gooder shit is real impresive. I volunteer at a local food bank. Big whoop! We feed the homeless at the restarant free of charge.

You do not come here advocating for the homeless or those in need in 99% of your posts. You come here to push Christianity.

Anne Marie

All that do gooder shit is real impresive. I volunteer at a local food bank. Big whoop! We feed the homeless at the restarant free of charge.

You do not come here advocating for the homeless or those in need in 99% of your posts. You come here to push Christianity.

After you get your foot out of your mouth and the egg off your face, you can apologize.

;)

Anne Marie

Anne Marie

After you get your foot out of your mouth and the egg off your face, you can apologize.

;)

Anne Marie

You forgot the crow I'm eating with the foot and the egg. The three basic food groups. Yum!

Appologise? For what? Where pray tell did I err? Having a full dance card as a wet nurse for everyone you know that can't figure out how to cope with life doesn't make you any wiser than me or anyone else. You don't get extra credit to push Jezuss.

so we are suppose to "hedge our bets" no thanks....i believe in goddess....i have my own belief system...i dont have to hedge my bet with your god.

Trouble is....YOUR BELIEF, holds no authority, nor can it be confirmed....its ONLY MYTHICAL, and not historically documented and confirmed by actual history and physical science, as is the revelation of the one and only TRUE GOD of Creation.

There is a MASSIVE difference between pushing your religion and merely responding with your personal opinion on topics open for discussion.

Anne Marie

Indeed...please explain just where YOUR sense of morality came from....since NATURE teaches none. If it were not for RELIGION...there would be no civilization nor laws. Mankind would be living in small isolated groups or tribes living under only one rule....survival of the fittest. There would be no ill or sick....they would consumed for the good of the whole or simply allowed to die to keep from hindering the herd mentality.

Last edited:
with absolutely no expectation of reward, praise, or reciprocation.

Do you believe in heaven? That would count as reward.

Also, I have a certain cannon of ethics that I come close to maintaining throughout my life. I conduct my business, as I do my social relationships, as I do with just about everything I do in my life. There is no compromise or moral integrity and for me...

You sound like a terrific person, but I don't believe you need spirituality for that. I am considered to be a very ethical person. Those who don't know me very well have even thought I was a bit puritanical since I don't have beers with the guys very often and when I do it's usually one or two- no more. I don't smoke. I volunteer. I work with at-risk adolescents in poverty. I have a soft spot for animals. All of this- without spirituality. Ironically, close friends and family have often chastised me for being "naive" by trusting or being too generous to people. I should, "look out for myself". And I have been burned. The ironic part is that I'm an atheist living in a hyper-religious rural town deep in the bible belt. Yet, I'm the trusting fool and the religious people around me are the ones taking advantage.

it is effortless because I am driven by a lifeforce that is greater than my life.

High blood pressure? :)

I recognize evil because I know what pure love is.

Ok. What is it?

Forum List

Back