What If You Atheists Are Wrong? Hmmmm...

Check your premise.

When did I say, or even imply, that any given non-denominational creator materialized out of thin air??

Just using your logic. If one thing didn't materialise out of thin air, then logic dictates nothing did. Including a God..had to come from somewhere.....

Check your premise.

When did I say, or even imply, that any given non-denominational creator materialized out of thin air??

There is what many people forget, only a very few religions believe in only one "god" ... most have several, often a whole "family" of them, hierarchal pantheon. In ancient Egyptian there was Ptah that formed the universe, then being bored created Ryah, who then in turn made the gods of the Earth to tend it. That's why I like the pantheistic beliefs more, they leave room for science much better than the monotheistic ones.

Check your premise.

There is what many people forget, only a very few religions believe in only one "god" ... most have several, often a whole "family" of them, hierarchal pantheon. In ancient Egyptian there was Ptah that formed the universe, then being bored created Ryah, who then in turn made the gods of the Earth to tend it. That's why I like the pantheistic beliefs more, they leave room for science much better than the monotheistic ones.
Even the so-called monotheistic ones aren't all so very much so. Christianity, Judaism, Islam all have their saints

This has turned out to be one of the best threads in the religion forum yet. In spite of my distaste for your views, kudos Sidney.

See what most people, non-believers, especially the rabid strain, don't understand is that if genuine Christianity is totally bogus, once we die, we literally have had nothing to lose

Not true, there are other religions out there that if you say you don't follow us you'll suffer in their version of hell, if they're right you still lose.

The best advice is to be like this guy

[youtube]PqJpZOljjG8[/youtube]

atheist-heaven-cartoon.jpg
I would not wish to be a member of any club that would have the likes of me join up.

wasn't that from Groucho Marx?

If you really want to talk about tolerant religions, the only ones that spring to mind are Bhuddism, or Baha'i
Unitarians are pretty tolerant. They let you join even if you are atheist or some another religion.

I see all the usual atheist sharks are out having a feeding frenzy. The simple answer to your question is this. If the Atheists are wrong, then the Christians are correct in their beliefs. Now, with that said, what are you really trying to say or ask? Seems like to me you're just stirring the pot rather than having an honest discussion about religion. My reason for this belief is the Hmmmm... you put at the end of your question. To me it signals an open request for a fight - like waving a red flag at a bull. I believe very deeply in God and religion. But I don't wave that belief in the faces of others simply to cause a verbal fight. People have the right to believe in God. They also have the right to not believe in God. The choice is their own to make. The rewards for those that believe will be there at the appropriate time and place. There will be rewards for non-believers that will be much different according to my religious beliefs. I take this all on faith because it is nothing I can physically prove. Sone people require something physical as proof. Can't help them with that demand. It's nothing to verbally fight over. Accept their point of view and move on.

I see all the usual atheist sharks are out having a feeding frenzy. The simple answer to your question is this. If the Atheists are wrong, then the Christians are correct in their beliefs. Now, with that said, what are you really trying to say or ask? Seems like to me you're just stirring the pot rather than having an honest discussion about religion. My reason for this belief is the Hmmmm... you put at the end of your question. To me it signals an open request for a fight - like waving a red flag at a bull. I believe very deeply in God and religion. But I don't wave that belief in the faces of others simply to cause a verbal fight. People have the right to believe in God. They also have the right to not believe in God. The choice is their own to make. The rewards for those that believe will be there at the appropriate time and place. There will be rewards for non-believers that will be much different according to my religious beliefs. I take this all on faith because it is nothing I can physically prove. Sone people require something physical as proof. Can't help them with that demand. It's nothing to verbally fight over. Accept their point of view and move on.

Actually, the christians can be wrong to. There are a lot of religions both past and present. To make a blanket statement like what I put in bold, is...well...pretty bold of you.

That's a scarier thought really. Having life and thought then suddenly ... nothing. *shudder* Hell, I would rather go to hell than to cease to exist completely.

How is that scary? To cease to exist? You wouldn't care because you'd have no conscious knowledge of it. I fail to see how that's bad. :eusa_eh:
:clap2:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Eve again.

Easy there, big'un.

This has been one of the most civil threads I've seen here, given the potentially explosive subject matter.

Easy there, big'un.

This has been one of the most civil threads I've seen here, given the potentially explosive subject matter.

I have taken a chill pill and am silently standing by. Actually, I think I may head off to bed pretty soon. Have a grand evening.

Forum List

Back