What If You Atheists Are Wrong? Hmmmm...

sidneyworld

Jun 15, 2009
New Jersey
See what most people, non-believers, especially the rabid strain, don't understand is that if genuine Christianity is totally bogus, once we die, we literally have had nothing to lose and, in any case, have lived a beautiful life.

If Christianity did not exist, civilization at this point would probably have died out. Seriously!

Anne Marie

Last edited:
so we are suppose to "hedge our bets" no thanks....i believe in goddess....i have my own belief system...i dont have to hedge my bet with your god.

See what most people, non-believers, especially the rabid strain, don't understand is that if genuine Christianity is totally bogus, once we die, we literally have had nothing to lose and, in any case, have lived a beautiful life.

If Christianity did not exist, civilization at this point would probably have died out. Seriously!

Anne Marie

People were around long before Christianity and will be around long after religion is finally foregone for reason.

Anne Marie

People were around long before Christianity and will be around long after religion is finally foregone for reason.

There is far more to Christianity than believing in a "god". Seriously... An educated consumer is God's best customer. Remember that.

p.s. You're awesome Bones, in any case! Nobody's perfect... yikes! :)

Anne Marie

Anne Marie

Ditto me as a non-believer to the first part of your post...:eusa_angel:

Anne Marie

There is far more to Christianity than believing in a "god". Seriously... An educated consumer is God's best customer. Remember that.

p.s. You're awesome Bones, in any case! Nobody's perfect... yikes! :)

Anne Marie

that's funny.

I didn't realize god was selling anything. And if by educated, you mean those that are so eager to abandon reason for eternal life in paradise, then maybe you're right.

Anne Marie

Seriously?

Yeah... it's not like Jews, Buddhists, Hindus or any other group had "civilization" before Christians...

What extraordinary arrogance.

Anne Marie

Okay ... so you are saying that just saying you believe and following a basic set of rituals is all it takes, that your god is so stupid he doesn't know true belief from phony belief? That's a really sad god.

Anne Marie

Seriously?

Yeah... it's not like Jews, Buddhists, Hindus or any other group had "civilization" before Christians...

What extraordinary arrogance.

What arrogance? I am not inflating myself or my self worth to anyone. I am as fallible as anyone else, and perhaps moreso. I am not a good model of a Christian by a biblical standard. But I truly believe that the concept of Christianity, and I mean in its purest form is the ultimate road map to living in any society among other people.

We, as human beings are inherently good people. Our environment, however, is an entirely different story. The more secular we become, the more we exercise our carnal knowledge, the more shallow our existence.

How can anyone argue with that?

Anne Marie

What arrogance? I am not inflating myself or my self worth to anyone. I am as fallible as anyone else, and perhaps moreso. I am not a good model of a Christian by a biblical standard. But I truly believe that the concept of Christianity, and I mean in its purest form is the ultimate road map to living in any society among other people.

We, as human beings are inherently good people. Our environment, however, is an entirely different story. The more secular we become, the more we exercise our carnal knowledge, the more shallow our existence.

Anne Marie

Yes, arrogance... I can assure you that absent Christianity, there would be numerous other "civilizations". Christianity is only one among many.

As for your other hypothesis, funny... I think the more fundamentalist people are in their religious beliefs, the more violent they become. It's like most things in life... enough's enough... too much stinks.

*shrug*

Anne Marie

Yes, arrogance... I can assure you that absent Christianity, there would be numerous other "civilizations". Christianity is only one among many.

As for your other hypothesis, funny... I think the more fundamentalist people are in their religious beliefs, the more violent they become. It's like most things in life... enough's enough... too much stinks.

*shrug*

Good for you, "Princess" That last statement is quite arrogant indeed! Thanks fer clearing that up.

Anne Marie

Anne Marie

*shrug*

Good for you, "Princess" That last statement is quite arrogant indeed! Thanks fer clearing that up.

Anne Marie

You are arrogant ... but most likely due to the fact, based on this thread, that your own beliefs are so weak that you have to see fault with all other beliefs and completely disregard the real history of the world in order to maintain what thin thread of faith you do have. I recommend looking in yourself, spend a lot of time alone, in the forest or wilderness of some sort. From all of your posts I see weakness in you, and it's not good to be a zealot if you are weak of faith, will, and mind. You really need some soul searching.

Anne Marie

I just spoke with Odin, and he said you're in trouble...

Allah said you're going to hell...

Buddah spoke to me ,and he said you're in for many very shitty incarnations...

Krishna is not appeased...

Anubis said your heart will be eaten...

His noodliness is not happy with your sinful denial of his greatness..

Thor said you shall never see Valhalla

Thank you for making to most idiotic fucking argument that any mentally retarded theist has ever forwarded.n If you think Pascal was anything but an idiot forwarding a false dichotomy in an attempt to scare people onto obedience, then I hope you never have children, let they e cursed with the same defective brain as you.

... and you wonder why I call you stupid...

What if you're wrong, Anne?

Forum List

Back