What if the economy recovers

BTW TM. which Are you being honest about? Has the stimulous worked or has the economy not recovered? It can't be both. Which one is the lie?

Would not change my vote because I know what he did the first half . Cant even imagine what he will pull if he knew he did not have to run next time!!

BTW TM. which Are you being honest about? Has the stimulous worked or has the economy not recovered? It can't be both. Which one is the lie?

Yes the stimulus worked and economists will tell you it did.

We needed a stimulus to the scale of the problem and the republicans insisted it be trimmed down and added too many tax cuts.

You pretend those two things are mutallyu exclusive which they are not.

When you are sick a little medical attention can help you feel better.

Sometimes EVEN more medical attention can help you fully recover.

That does not mean the little medical attention didnt work, its mean you should have gotten more.

Fail. The economy is nowhere near to pre-crisis levels. A strong indicator of a failed stimulus.

We needed a stimulus to the scale of the problem and the republicans insisted it be trimmed down and added too many tax cuts.

That does not mean the little medical attention didnt work, its mean you should have gotten more.

There was a time when leeches and blood letting were considered "medical attention", TM. If you want to use a sick patient analogy then I think blood letting as an analogy for the Obama stimulus would be appropriate. It's the kind of thing that people look back on, shudder and say "What were they thinking? How could anyone be so stupid?"

Oh, and hon? When the stimulus was passed the Democrats had total control of the House, Senate and Oval Office. It wasn't Republicans that forced Obama and his little friends to include some tax cuts...it was Blue Dog Democrats that wouldn't vote for what Harry, Nancy and Barack first proposed. If it were up to the terrible trio, those tax cuts wouldn't have been in there.

Actually they are mutually exclusive. Sorry. The point of the stimulous was to provide a recovery. If there is no recovery than the stimulous didn't work.

Unless you are suggesting there was another reason for the stimulous.

Excellent question. Excellent thread.

Reminds me of my previous thread: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/171822-is-obamas-success-good-for-republicans.html

"Between the first quarter of 2012 and the first quarter of 2013, homes are projected to increase by an average of 2.7 percent, with gains in 365 out of 384 metro areas," Fiserv said in a press release.

will it change who you vote for?
Nope...it won't. Remember what they said very shortly after Obama got sworn it..."They hope Obama fails."

I bet very few of you would change who you vote for even if the economy began steaming along.

You would just twist and turn to give the credit to someone other than the admin.
Exactly!

I think that an economic rebound will not change the election by more than about 2%. We're a deeply ideologically divided country - both sides will try to spin any economic news to their advantage - and both side's constituients will believe them.

The upcoming election is going to depend on who gets their constituients emotionally worked up. I think that Obama has the advantage of numbers vs. any Repug candidate, but he's alienated his base. If he can get them out to the polls, he'll win.
Spot on! And guess what...he WILL get them out to the polls.

It will be very bad for the GOP's chances for regaining the White House in 2012, which is why they will do everything they can to sabotage it.
They have their marching orders from Herr Limbaugh, "Obama MUST fail." By any means necessary. The economy, the country, the middle-class, the workers, the poor, the elderly...all be damned, as long as Obama fails.

I do not think the GOP has too much to worry about as it regards a seachange in the economy.

The economy is going to stay sick until we start changing fundamentals that neither party are willing to change.

Since the stimulus proved to be such a disaster we need an even bigger stimulus to make it even a worse disaster?

Sorry, but we can't afford another one of your disasters TM.

Excellent question. Excellent thread.

Reminds me of my previous thread: http://www.usmessageboard.com/politics/171822-is-obamas-success-good-for-republicans.html

"Between the first quarter of 2012 and the first quarter of 2013, homes are projected to increase by an average of 2.7 percent, with gains in 365 out of 384 metro areas," Fiserv said in a press release.

will it change who you vote for?
Nope...it won't. Remember what they said very shortly after Obama got sworn it..."They hope Obama fails."

Exactly!

I think that an economic rebound will not change the election by more than about 2%. We're a deeply ideologically divided country - both sides will try to spin any economic news to their advantage - and both side's constituients will believe them.

The upcoming election is going to depend on who gets their constituients emotionally worked up. I think that Obama has the advantage of numbers vs. any Repug candidate, but he's alienated his base. If he can get them out to the polls, he'll win.
Spot on! And guess what...he WILL get them out to the polls.

It will be very bad for the GOP's chances for regaining the White House in 2012, which is why they will do everything they can to sabotage it.
They have their marching orders from Herr Limbaugh, "Obama MUST fail." By any means necessary. The economy, the country, the middle-class, the workers, the poor, the elderly...all be damned, as long as Obama fails.

What success?

Forum List

Back