What if she didn't have a gun?

Except the intent, and actual words, of the law is to allow private sales of guns without background checks. Which is why this is only a loophole in the minds of anti-gun-conspiracy-whackadoodles.
Not sure why you;re still arguing with someone who takes pride in being able to lie to himself.
:dunno:

No lies in stats, studies, and news.

That was, quite possibly, the dumbest thing ever written.

What they didn't tell you is that the employee was probably fired under company policy. I remember those days. The one time the two punks tried to rob me on delievery I beat them with a rock, my hands and a piece of a 2X4. Good times. That was a tough scrape.

Fired or not, she's able to tell her story. Besides if it were me, I wouldn't wait to get fired. I would quit after that experience.

Wow you guys are so owned you argue the definition of loophole. That is funny.

What's funny is that you're so ignorant, they have to argue with you because you can't accept the truth. You think because some propagandist used the term incorrectly to try to have a pithy sound bite, it makes it true? THAT'S funny.:badgrin:

Actually it's true because it fits the definition as I've shown several times.

Nope, but immerse yourself in your propaganda...it's obviously all you have.

Here's a nice one. After being denied via a background check this guy went and bought a gun with a private sale:
Private Gun Sale Loophole Creates Invisible Firearms Market, Prompts Calls For Reform

Want a list of all the murderers that passed a background check? Do you have a few years to read it?

You making an argument for all guns being banned?

No, I am making an argument that background checks do not prevent murder, which is why only an idiot would insist that they are effective.

Want a list of all the murderers that passed a background check? Do you have a few years to read it?

You making an argument for all guns being banned?

No, I am making an argument that background checks do not prevent murder, which is why only an idiot would insist that they are effective.

Well banning guns is the only thing that would have stopped many of those. Maybe that is what we have to do? I just gave you an example where they should have stopped a criminal. Here we knew he shouldn't have a gun, and he was on the list. But he went around background checks and used a private sale. Pretty easy really. Why do you not want to stop people like this? We already are doing background checks for all dealer sales which according to some on here are the vast majority of gun sales. So most people are already waiting for a background check, but then people like you fight to keep the door open for criminals? That makes no sense. Is it just so you can claim background checks are ineffective? Leave the door open so they can't be completely effective then claim they don't work? Seems like that is the case. Shame people have to die for such a dumb cause.

Here's a nice one. After being denied via a background check this guy went and bought a gun with a private sale:
Private Gun Sale Loophole Creates Invisible Firearms Market, Prompts Calls For Reform

Didn't the nut at the Navy Yard still have a DoD security clearance?

So sure we could save some lives, but if not all we shouldn't bother doing it? Sorry but I value life more than that. Do you also call yourself pro life?

Proof his background check would not have failed. He had a restraining order and by law would fail. We need to assume that unless you have proof. You clearly have none so your just making things up. That's pretty pathetic debating.

I have no proof that he would have and you have no proof that he wouldn't have. It's a matter of opinion based on the facts as we know them.

We know that it was two days after the order was issued that he bought a gun. We know that states have difficulty in processing the required reports to the FBI so the data can be inputted into the NCIC database and knowing that government wheels do not always run in a timely and in an efficient manner. So I think it's safe to say he had a greater chance than not at passing a background check.

But again, neither of our assumptions are relevant!

The man legally purchased a firearm??

You claim had the law required the private seller to run a background check the murder wouldn't have happened. A huge assumption on your part.

I asked you to access the NCIC database to see how easy it is to access and you have yet to tell me how well it worked for you.

Just act like your selling yourself a firearm and run a background check on yourself. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

There have been over a million denials. Sorry but your myths don't stand.

I've asked several times for you to run a background check and you haven't. The reason is, you can't access the NCIC database nor can any citizen without FBI approval. So the notion that private sellers should run background checks is pointless.

Is it your plan to allow every citizen the capability to search the NCIC database? If so, that would open the door for misuse and abuse of the system. To hell with privacy rights huh?

I have no proof that he would have and you have no proof that he wouldn't have. It's a matter of opinion based on the facts as we know them.

We know that it was two days after the order was issued that he bought a gun. We know that states have difficulty in processing the required reports to the FBI so the data can be inputted into the NCIC database and knowing that government wheels do not always run in a timely and in an efficient manner. So I think it's safe to say he had a greater chance than not at passing a background check.

But again, neither of our assumptions are relevant!

The man legally purchased a firearm??

You claim had the law required the private seller to run a background check the murder wouldn't have happened. A huge assumption on your part.

I asked you to access the NCIC database to see how easy it is to access and you have yet to tell me how well it worked for you.

Just act like your selling yourself a firearm and run a background check on yourself. It shouldn't take more than a few minutes.

I've asked several times for you to run a background check and you haven't. The reason is, you can't access the NCIC database nor can any citizen without FBI approval. So the notion that private sellers should run background checks is pointless.

Is it your plan to allow every citizen the capability to search the NCIC database? If so, that would open the door for misuse and abuse of the system. To hell with privacy rights huh?

No they would run sales through dealers. Would be a nice new source of easy money for dealers.

No they would run sales through dealers. Would be a nice new source of easy money for dealers.

So as a private seller I would have to pay a dealer to sell a gun that I own to a third party?

I do believe you are not bright enough to see the ridiculousness in that scenario.

So as a private seller I would have to pay a dealer to sell a gun that I own to a third party?

I do believe you are not bright enough to see the ridiculousness in that scenario.

Well I would require registration and background check. So yes the dealer would run the check and transfer registration for a fee. Would be great for dealers as they get nothing from private sales now. Would probably promote more new gun sales too.

Well I would require registration and background check. So yes the dealer would run the check and transfer registration for a fee. Would be great for dealers as they get nothing from private sales now. Would probably promote more new gun sales too.

Keep dreaming!

Keep dreaming!

Will do!

You'll know. I bet you said the same thing about background checks. Now we have them for dealer sales.

I'm not nor have I ever been opposed to background checks when purchasing from a dealer.

But leave the door open for criminals to buy guns in private sales. You make no sense.

You are truly stupid.

Do you honestly think criminals are going to all of a sudden start obeying laws?

There are dishonest gun dealers that sell to criminals and the background check hasn't hindered them at all.

CRIMINALS BY DEFINITION DO NOT OBEY THE LAW!!!

Your answer:

More laws!!

I'm not nor have I ever been opposed to background checks when purchasing from a dealer.

But leave the door open for criminals to buy guns in private sales. You make no sense.

You are truly stupid.

Do you honestly think criminals are going to all of a sudden start obeying laws?

There are dishonest gun dealers that sell to criminals and the background check hasn't hindered them at all.

CRIMINALS BY DEFINITION DO NOT OBEY THE LAW!!!

Your answer:

More laws!!

How stupid does that make you? You just said you support checks. Then you rant about how they don't work. :cuckoo:

Criminals don't like jail. The more likely you make it they will be caught, the less likely they will commit the crime.

Forum List

Back