What if she didn't have a gun?

But leave the door open for criminals to buy guns in private sales. You make no sense.

You are truly stupid.

Do you honestly think criminals are going to all of a sudden start obeying laws?

There are dishonest gun dealers that sell to criminals and the background check hasn't hindered them at all.

CRIMINALS BY DEFINITION DO NOT OBEY THE LAW!!!

Your answer:

More laws!!

How stupid does that make you? You just said you support checks. Then you rant about how they don't work. :cuckoo:

Criminals don't like jail. The more likely you make it they will be caught, the less likely they will commit the crime.

I support the background checks that are now in place. I do not support background checks on private sales.

See the difference?

Oh they work if the dealer is honest and applies the law.

Yes criminals are so afraid of jail they commit no crimes.

Damn you're stupid!!

Last edited:
You are truly stupid.

Do you honestly think criminals are going to all of a sudden start obeying laws?

There are dishonest gun dealers that sell to criminals and the background check hasn't hindered them at all.

CRIMINALS BY DEFINITION DO NOT OBEY THE LAW!!!

Your answer:

More laws!!

How stupid does that make you? You just said you support checks. Then you rant about how they don't work. :cuckoo:

Criminals don't like jail. The more likely you make it they will be caught, the less likely they will commit the crime.

I support the background checks that are now in place. I do not support background checks on private sales.

See the difference?

Damn you're stupid!!

You support background checks on dealer sales and support criminals buying guns in private sales. Doesn't make sense but get it.

See the difference?

Damn you're stupid!!

You support background checks on dealer sales and support criminals buying guns in private sales. Doesn't make sense but get it.

That's not what I said but go ahead and make shit up if it makes you feel good.

You making an argument for all guns being banned?

No, I am making an argument that background checks do not prevent murder, which is why only an idiot would insist that they are effective.

Well banning guns is the only thing that would have stopped many of those. Maybe that is what we have to do? I just gave you an example where they should have stopped a criminal. Here we knew he shouldn't have a gun, and he was on the list. But he went around background checks and used a private sale. Pretty easy really. Why do you not want to stop people like this? We already are doing background checks for all dealer sales which according to some on here are the vast majority of gun sales. So most people are already waiting for a background check, but then people like you fight to keep the door open for criminals? That makes no sense. Is it just so you can claim background checks are ineffective? Leave the door open so they can't be completely effective then claim they don't work? Seems like that is the case. Shame people have to die for such a dumb cause.

Banning guns would have prevented the guy you mentioned earlier from making an IED?

Want a list of all the murderers that passed a background check? Do you have a few years to read it?

Didn't the nut at the Navy Yard still have a DoD security clearance?

So sure we could save some lives, but if not all we shouldn't bother doing it? Sorry but I value life more than that. Do you also call yourself pro life?

I find your logic less than compelling. You want to deny everyone freedom on the off chance that you might save their lives, yet you refuse to admit that guns actually do save lives. Not to mention that, without guns, women, like the one in the link in the OP, would be at the mercy of other people.

Why do you hate women?

There have been over a million denials. Sorry but your myths don't stand.

I've asked several times for you to run a background check and you haven't. The reason is, you can't access the NCIC database nor can any citizen without FBI approval. So the notion that private sellers should run background checks is pointless.

Is it your plan to allow every citizen the capability to search the NCIC database? If so, that would open the door for misuse and abuse of the system. To hell with privacy rights huh?

No they would run sales through dealers. Would be a nice new source of easy money for dealers.

I get it now, you like the idea of the government mandating people support corporations.

If you were winning, you wouldn't have to make up stuff that people haven't said.

Didn't the nut at the Navy Yard still have a DoD security clearance?

So sure we could save some lives, but if not all we shouldn't bother doing it? Sorry but I value life more than that. Do you also call yourself pro life?

I find your logic less than compelling. You want to deny everyone freedom on the off chance that you might save their lives, yet you refuse to admit that guns actually do save lives. Not to mention that, without guns, women, like the one in the link in the OP, would be at the mercy of other people.

Why do you hate women?

What are you talking about? Everything I've suggested would only effect criminals.

Why do you hate women?

What are you talking about? Everything I've suggested would only effect criminals.

How would banning all guns affect only criminals?

But Brain, say down the line - 25 years - the Government becomes extremely anti-gun and wants to remove "all rifles and handguns" from the population.

Would background checks (and the database that ensues from that) make it easier or harder for the government to go and collect those guns?

I think that's a big issue here many are concerned about. Using that line of thinking, it wouldn't affect just "the criminals" (who want to use the guns for doing criminal things), it's going to affect everyone.

Why do you hate women?

How would banning all guns affect only criminals?

Have not proposed that.

But Brain, say down the line - 25 years - the Government becomes extremely anti-gun and wants to remove "all rifles and handguns" from the population.

Would background checks (and the database that ensues from that) make it easier or harder for the government to go and collect those guns?

I think that's a big issue here many are concerned about. Using that line of thinking, it wouldn't affect just "the criminals" (who want to use the guns for doing criminal things), it's going to affect everyone.

Why let people die now because your worried about something that will never happen? And if it did they would get the guns regardless, so it won't really matter.

Why let people die now because your worried about something that will never happen? And if it did they would get the guns regardless, so it won't really matter.

Now you can tell the future?

Cool!!

What are next weeks winning lotto numbers?

Guns shouldn't be regulated too much, but I think it would help if every weapon would be registrered. So that if someone commits a crime with their gun, the weapon can be traced back. Therefore people should bring ID as well.

Guns shouldn't be regulated too much, but I think it would help if every weapon would be registrered. So that if someone commits a crime with their gun, the weapon can be traced back. Therefore people should bring ID as well.

And so that if government wants to do a full confiscation to disarm the peasantry, there are records of who has guns. Otherwise, it might not be possible to disarm the ruled populace.

Forum List

Back