what if china built a dubai and no one came?

iceberg

Diamond Member
May 15, 2017

it's simply amazing to me the amount of resources china has dedicated to - well - nothing when it's all said and done. building empty cities, time and time again? why?

read another article that said china has enough empty apartments to house NYC residents 27 times over.

now - nyc.gov site says 8.5 mil people live there. that's what x 27? about 230 MILLION people? the US is pegged at 332 million people so china could house 2/3 of our population and not need to build another building in order to do it.

just, why?

Last edited:
China didn't have stock market for a while.

So, where do the rich put their money? Real estate.

That's what Evergrande was about, making real estate.

But now, Chinese can buy stocks and stuff, so they don't need real estate.

I didn't know what they are thinking. When I was a kid I would spend hours building models and then blow the shit out of them with m80s. Maybe they were just looking for something to do

I didn't know what they are thinking. When I was a kid I would spend hours building models and then blow the shit out of them with m80s. Maybe they were just looking for something to do
at least then you had a purpose. build and destroy. we'd build mud damn in the creek just to destroy them to kill a saturday afternoon as kids in the mid 70s. back when you could have fun.

but these can't be built all that well and then with no one living in them, they will deteriorate over time. anyone eventually moving in may be better of simply rebuilding from scratch.

at least then you had a purpose. build and destroy. we'd build mud damn in the creek just to destroy them to kill a saturday afternoon as kids in the mid 70s. back when you could have fun.

but these can't be built all that well and then with no one living in them, they will deteriorate over time. anyone eventually moving in may be better of simply rebuilding from scratch.
Ya, I don't know what they are doing. Some one made some miscalculation is my guess. We made some similar miscalculation s before the whole real estate debacle. New built homes sat empty for a long time and lots were divided for years to come before The demand would catch up.

Ya, I don't know what they are doing. Some one made some miscalculation is my guess. We made some similar miscalculation s before the whole real estate debacle. New built homes sat empty for a long time and lots were divided for years to come before The demand would catch up.
they need about 2/3rds of the population of america to catch up. to be fair, their pop is 1.4 BILLION so it is a much smaller percentage. but wow.

They also built a copy of Paris. It's pretty cool, look it up. The problem is it was a bit out of the way and not many people moved in.

Forum List

Back